Steve Clarke Proved he is a Contender For the Rangers Job - TRO

Lloyd

1 minute ago, Copland bear said:

Why ?it's expected they will beat us both games and anything out them would be a bonus.  Unlike Pedro, he knows our league and has done so good since he arrived at Killie that he should be up for manager of the year.   

Do you really need that explained to to you? You don’t think there would be any backlash negative backlas if they won the title against us the weekend after they put us out the cup?

I know Clarke has done a good job but I’m not discussing the merits of his ability to do the job, or what he’s done at Kilmarnock, I’m discussing the fact that any manager who came in now would immediately be facing an uphill battle if they lost back to back game against them so there’s absolutely no point in changing managers now.

We will wait until the season is finished before we make and chance and I suspect any manager with any wit or ability would want that too.

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I would go for him now and see if he's interested. If he comes in now and wins both games. He builds a great platform to kick on from the start of next season.

And if he gets beat in them both he’ll be labelled a taig who shouldn’t have been given the job to begin with.

11 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

And if he gets beat in them both he’ll be labelled a taig who shouldn’t have been given the job to begin with.

What if Murty goes and does the same thing. Then it's he shouldn't have been in charge to begin with. There doing a back to back treble if we fail to beat them.

A new manager 9 times out of 10 brings a boost in performance. Just because Pedro failed to get that last season doesn't mean Clarke would. 

Your right but in all likelihood a new manager will want to wait till season end before taking on the job. We can only inquire and see what happens.

At the end of the day getting in the right manager is a fucking hard call for any club.

Some work out some don't. Even some of the best of them don't work out.

The problem is only magnified when your back is against the wall.

Money isn't always the answer but it does give you options and a fighting chance.

TBH, I haven't a fucking clue who would be a good fit for us, but without some decent investment, I think the best of them would fail in trying to overhaul the scum.

We did have a very slim chance of taking them this season, but it iwas a one off opportunity that presented itself and we lost, but I can't put the blame on Murty, as where we now are was a long time in the making.

With the way things are off and on the park, unless we get a change in our financial circumstances, I can't see us getting the opportunity again for quite a few years, so it's now down to the board to reverse that and secure the investment needed to make a realistic challenge.

15 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Do you really need that explained to to you? You don’t think there would be any backlash negative backlas if they won the title against us the weekend after they put us out the cup?

I know Clarke has done a good job but I’m not discussing the merits of his ability to do the job, or what he’s done at Kilmarnock, I’m discussing the fact that any manager who came in now would immediately be facing an uphill battle if they lost back to back game against them so there’s absolutely no point in changing managers now.

We will wait until the season is finished before we make and chance and I suspect any manager with any wit or ability would want that too.

Wait and lose out on him as someone else will snap him up.   And what diffrence does it make when a manager comes in? If he's good enough the sooner the better.

Or let's stumble along under Murty and lose both games anyway and probably surrender 2nd.

As for a title decider?  We might be playing them 2nd last game when the league is  already won,  If he was an ex Rangers player he would already be installed with his track record up here alone with Killie 

35 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

11 points in 5 games.  He has beat us twice drew 1 and beat them 1 and drew 1.  

It staring us in the bloody face ,  The board should at least ask Killie to speak with him and ask him would he would be interested in managing Glasgow Rangers? The board should have went for him in the first place and not that useless cunt McInness 

mccinnes has taken 6 points off killie, both 3-1 wins home and away since clarke took over

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

At the end of the day getting in the right manager is a fucking hard call for any club.

Some work out some don't. Even some of the best of them don't work out.

The problem is only magnified when your back is against the wall.

Money isn't always the answer but it does give you options and a fighting chance.

TBH, I haven't a fucking clue who would be a good fit for us, but without some decent investment, I think the best of them would fail in trying to overhaul the scum.

We did have a very slim chance of taking them this season, but it iwas a one off opportunity that presented itself and we lost, but I can't put the blame on Murty, as where we now are was a long time in the making.

With the way things are off and on the park, unless we get a change in our financial circumstances, I can't see us getting the opportunity again for quite a few years, so it's now done to the board to reverse that and secure the investment needed to make a realistic challenge.

Agree with most your post, but I blame the board not Murty as this season was a missed opportunity, we were beat the minute we started with Pedro this season  

5 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

mccinnes has taken 6 points off killie, both 3-1 wins home and away since clarke took over

Aye what's he done against us and what's he done against the scum since taking over the sheep ?    Killie were bottom of the pile and now i think 9 pts behind the sheep and 12 and a game in hand against us. 

So what's your point?  McInness chokes against bigger opposition ?  As Clarke slapped the old firm down 3 out of 5 games and drawing the other 2.   

29 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

If we were not in this position then we would not need a manager.  And as for the beasts I don't see them looking for a manager.  So your saying we should not even ask him and when Brenda leaves make it easier for them to replace him and with a better bloody manager at that.  

Makes sense if you want to hand them 8,9 then 10, We can only ask and try and beat them to the punch for once 

Naw I don't see them looking for a manager either, brenda, that's with a lower case 'b' incidently sees an opportunity of becoming a leg end winning the 10 easily, only way he'll leave is if he fails and stumbles on the run in then he'll move but they'll no sign up clarke either, my opinion is clarke will not stop brenda, that's my opinion, you've got yours along with tens of thousands of others, he's not for me.

4 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Naw I don't see them looking for a manager either, brenda, that's with a lower case 'b' incidently sees an opportunity of becoming a leg end winning the 10 easily, only way he'll leave is if he fails and stumbles on the run in then he'll move but they'll no sign up clarke either, my opinion is clarke will not stop brenda, that's my opinion, you've got yours along with tens of thousands of others, he's not for me.

Agreed Brenda is not going anywhere

I think we can all agree but that Murty won't be the way forward and we need a new manger.

IMO I think clarke would turn us around and challenge for 55.

Who would you go for in order to stop Brenda?

I mentioned before that Clarke has schooled Murty twice now. It was so obvious that the tactic was to overload mifldfield, cut off supply and release Jones to drop in behind Tav and run at Alves. Most problems and then the goal came from that. The very simple solution to that was to go to a back 3 and offer protection against that eventuality.  We'd dominate the midfield and have 2 up top. Not a long term strategy but an in game adjustment that would shore up the back, protect Alves' vulnerability to pace and solidify midfield and offer two up front. 

Its the glaringly obvious failures to adjust in game that make me wary of Murty. The rest of it he seems to have......but the ability to adapt isn't there. 

Clarke has it and is a candidate going forward. His results speak for themselves. Not saying he should get it but I'd understand why if he did.

the board need to get their finger out and start

looking for a top manager now,but I wont hold

my breath.:pipe:                  

19 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

I mentioned before that Clarke has schooled Murty twice now. It was so obvious that the tactic was to overload mifldfield, cut off supply and release Jones to drop in behind Tav and run at Alves. Most problems and then the goal came from that. The very simple solution to that was to go to a back 3 and offer protection against that eventuality.  We'd dominate the midfield and have 2 up top. Not a long term strategy but an in game adjustment that would shore up the back, protect Alves' vulnerability to pace and solidify midfield and offer two up front. 

Its the glaringly obvious failures to adjust in game that make me wary of Murty. The rest of it he seems to have......but the ability to adapt isn't there. 

Clarke has it and is a candidate going forward. His results speak for themselves. Not saying he should get it but I'd understand why if he did.

I think there's going to be a split in opinion no matter who we appoint as Rangers manager.

In order to win a league title but you need to be able to adapt. There's going to be games where it's going against us and in game changes are needed. 

Murty doesn't seem to have the capability to make these changes be it due to inexperience or lack of ability . It's Warburton like in that he was 1 game plan and won't deviate from it. Now perhaps in time this changes but for me we can't wait for it to happen not when we are looking to stop 10.

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Steve Clarke single handedly won Chelsea the Champions League in 2012 with the power of telekinesis. 

Clarke was Liverpool assistant manager at this point. He must have been really powerful to help them all the way from Mersey side.

I'd like to see the board offer the job to Clarke now but If he does take it he should stay well clear of it until the summer.  DBBTB is right in that a few bad results between now and the summer and the support will turn against him.  

35 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'd like to see the board offer the job to Clarke now but If he does take it he should stay well clear of it until the summer.  DBBTB is right in that a few bad results between now and the summer and the support will turn against him.  

It's a catch 22. Clarke could come in and win the Scottish cup and have huge momentum going into next season.  Similar to when Mcleish came in and done the double before his 1st full season in charge.

But as you and DBBTB said couple of bad results and it's Pedro all over again.

Personally I think if he's offered the job now and accepts it. He will be telling the board he won't takeover until the summer.

22 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It's a catch 22. Clarke could come in and win the Scottish cup and have huge momentum going into next season.  Similar to when Mcleish came in and done the double before his 1st full season in charge.

But as you and DBBTB said couple of bad results and it's Pedro all over again.

Personally I think if he's offered the job now and accepts it. He will be telling the board he won't takeover until the summer.

I'd rather he seen out the season with Kilmarnock and took over in the summer.  That gives him a chance to build his own team and install his own tactics.  He wont be expected to come in and instantly turnaround our fortunes.  Many might say they wont jusge him on results between now and the end of the season, the said the same about Pedro, but a few bad results and there will be calls for him to leave already.

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'd rather he seen out the season with Kilmarnock and took over in the summer.  That gives him a chance to build his own team and install his own tactics.  He wont be expected to come in and instantly turnaround our fortunes.  Many might say they wont jusge him on results between now and the end of the season, the said the same about Pedro, but a few bad results and there will be calls for him to leave already.

I don't think he would leave killie until the end of the season

Again but it's trusting this board to make the approach. I still feel they are hoping murty wins the scottish cup to justify giving him another season. 

38 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

McInnes was the wrong choice and Clark seems more likely a contender to take over from Brenda. 

We need a goalkeeper and a defence that is world class before we need more money blown on managers. 

A world class goalkeeper and defence? You’ll be waiting a long time for that to happen mate :lol: