Steve Clarke Proved he is a Contender For the Rangers Job - TRO

Lloyd

5 hours ago, CoopsLaud said:

Agree with this. The thing about any decent writer in any format surely is to at least put a new spin or fresh idea into it. Something origional or imaginative. These days too easy to call yourself a blogger or writer, far too many about all spouting the same pish. Then there are the proper guys like our own Dude who actually know how to write. 

I like you. :lol:

Cheers.

1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

If we're cherry picking stats to suit a narrative, why not just stick to 5 games instead of 8? :lol:

That way hibs have have superior goal difference?

So you dont think he's done an incredible job? Whats goal difference to do with number of points you gain.

We've played his team 3 times and taken a point. 

And also they beat the tarriers the last time they played so yeah they are the best team in the country.

2 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

So you dont think he's done an incredible job? Whats goal difference to do with number of points you gain.

And also they beat the tarriers the last time they played so yeah they are the best team in the country.

I am Spartacus 

Just now, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

You said statistically, that is a statistic.

I don't think it's an incredible job, no.

I think he has killie right about where they should be given their squad compared to say the bottom 5 teams for example, and the fact they have a solid manager now in charge of them. 

Can't wait to see Killie do the treble next season :lol:

1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

You said statistically, that is a statistic.

I don't think it's an incredible job, no.

I think he has killie right about where they should be given their squad compared to say the bottom 5 teams for example, and the fact they have a solid manager now in charge of them. 

Can't wait to see Killie do the treble next season :lol:

Aye their fan base might go into the double figures

Just now, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

So you think Kilmarnock should be taking 7 points off us then with their squad and beating the tarriers.

Also taking a team from bottom of the league to challenging for 4th is incredibl over half a season 

If thats incredible what's lennons hibs currently? Pushing right up on 3rd from promotion to the league with a similarly shit budget to killie and bang average players too.

I think he beat us solidly away from home but I think on another day Martin could've left the weekend there with a brace of headers and Candeias should've score the fucking penalty in the other home game :lol:

I don't think for a second they played us off the park though at that weekend there. We had plenty of chances and made the same old mistakes we've been making for long enough. 

It's all opinions man but I just don't think it is that incredible when you consider all the shite below killie to be honest (the quality of teams/managers etc), and what's happened to some of the teams as well (an example being motherwell losing moult - they were on pretty good form until he got injured / sold around december, or all that shite with hearts, their stadium, cathro/levein etc). 

5 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

If thats incredible what's lennons hibs currently? Pushing right up on 3rd from promotion to the league with a similarly shit budget to killie and bang average players too.

I think he beat us solidly away from home but I think on another day Martin could've left the weekend there with a brace of headers and Candeias should've score the fucking penalty in the other home game :lol:

I don't think for a second they played us off the park though at that weekend there. We had plenty of chances and made the same old mistakes we've been making for long enough. 

It's all opinions man but I just don't think it is that incredible when you consider all the shite below killie to be honest (the quality of teams/managers etc), and what's happened to some of the teams as well (an example being motherwell losing moult - they were on pretty good form until he got injured / sold around december, or all that shite with hearts, their stadium, cathro/levein etc). 

So when Clarke was appointed you clearly knew then that he'd get them in this position cos of the clubs around them.

Fair play to you then  for it not being a surprise in their turnaround.

2 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

So when Clarke was appointed you clearly knew then that he'd get them in this position cos of the clubs around them.

Fair play to you then  for it not being a surprise in their turnaround.

I never said I knew all along that's where he would end up. :lol:

I'm saying the table at the moment looks about right all things considered at this point.

Just now, Supersonic said:

I never said I'd knew all along that's where he would end up. :lol:

I'm saying the table at the moment looks about right all things considered at this point.

Exactly so proves he's a good manager by being able to manage the team successfully and push them forward 

1 minute ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Exactly so proves he's a good manager by being able to manage the team successfully and push them forward 

I've said time and time again he's a good manager and he's done well so far.

But he's nothing special and he's not the answer to us getting 55 though in my opinion.

6 hours ago, K.A.I said:

We need to move away from this idea.

He's done a remarkable job and is probably the best manager in Scotland at this moment in time.

But he's publically said he'd never be joining us as manager.

I don't know if he was telling Kilmarnock what they wanted to hear or just playing to the gallery but to have the embarrassment after McInnes'  rejecting us of him saying that should mean he never get's properly offered it as it gives him the chance to embarras us again with another knock back .

Add to the fact he's a lifelong celtic fan ... I don't even like celtic fans playing for us let alone managing us. I don't trust them and I think they have inferior genetics most of them. They aren't good people. Avoid at all costs. 

When did he say he wouldn’t take the job?

8 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

people were berating Walter for his tactics in his last season then Ally because he continued to play the same style in his first season.

yes we need to win, it's always the most important thing but there's no flair about killie it's just rigid disciplined football and a lot of our players do better with free reign on the pitch (windass)

Giving players ‘free reign’ is fine when those players are Laudrup & Gascoigne.

I doubt they’d have listened to anything Walter said, anyway.

When you have inferior players, they need a structure.

Windass - great example.

Pops up here & there with a goal / assist, then goes missing for 85 minutes.

We are not good enough to afford that luxury at the moment.

5 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Murty and Clarke have been in charge for the same period of time. 

Clarke has picked up 47 points. 

Murty has picked up 40 points.

Clark has done this with a weaker sqaud. 

The lemmon brought up a squad from the championship and sit 3rd. He also has a chest full of winners medals as a player and a manager. He's won more title medals than Brenda.

The lemmon is the man with the track record and a proven winner. Why would we be considering a taig who's won fuck all and little in the way of a managerial record when there is a better man?

7 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

The lemmon brought up a squad from the championship and sit 3rd. He also has a chest full of winners medals as a player and a manager. He's won more title medals than Brenda.

The lemmon is the man with the track record and a proven winner. Why would we be considering a taig who's won fuck all and little in the way of a managerial record when there is a better man?

Where is this clarke's a taig coming from ?

Has anyone got a quote from him or a picture of him inside their stadium. 

All I've seen is a proposed move from st mirren to them that fell through.

Murty rumored to have been a fan of them and Pedro was an ex scout for them.

The end of the day Clarke with a limited squad and budget has got more points and more out of his team than murty has with a better squad and bigger budget. . We don't have the budget to outspend them to stop 10 so we need a manager who can get the most out of his squad. We're seeing Clarke do that in our league with players like boyd. Who with us could only manage 8 goals in 2 championship season last time. 

As for lemmon. Really. He's an ex player/manager of them and has openly spoken of his dislike of us.

Has Clarke done this?

7 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

The end of the day Clarke with a limited squad and budget has got more points and more out of his team than murty has with a better squad and bigger budget. . We don't have the budget to outspend them to stop 10 so we need a manager who can get the most out of his squad. We're seeing Clarke do that in our league with players like boyd. Who with us could only manage 8 goals in 2 championship season last time. 

As for lemmon. Really. He's an ex player/manager of them and has openly spoken of his dislike of us.

Has Clarke done this?

West brom P60 W19 D15 L26  WIN RATE 31%  Finished 8th  first season,  next season put on gardening leave with west brom 2 points above the relegation zone

Reading P53 W19 D14 L20  WIN RATE 35%  Finished 19th first season and reached  FA cup semi final beating Huddersfield, Cardiff,  Derby and Bradford before being knocked out by arsenal,  sacked after 1 year in charge

Kilmarnock P25 W13 D9 L3  WIN RATE 52% 

That's his managerial record...  Im not convinced, will take more than a good start at Kilmarnock to make me think different, we need someone with a proven track record of winning trophies, not a one season wonder.   

21 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Has Clarke done this?

Must of if you believe everyone on here

9 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

West brom P60 W19 D15 L26  WIN RATE 31%  Finished 8th  first season,  next season put on gardening leave with west brom 2 points above the relegation zone

Reading P53 W19 D14 L20  WIN RATE 35%  Finished 19th first season and reached  FA cup semi final beating Huddersfield, Cardiff,  Derby and Bradford before being knocked out by arsenal,  sacked after 1 year in charge

That's his managerial record...  Im not convinced, will take more than a good start at Kilmarnock to make me think different, we need someone with a proven track record of winning trophies, not a one season wonder.   

We are not going to get someone with a proven track record of winning trophies. Well not under this board anyway.  We have to be realistic in the caliber of manager we can attract at the moment.

Most managers with that kind of record are getting snapped up by teams down south.

We did have the chance with michael preudhomme 8 trophies with 5 different clubs. He stated he was interested and our board went with after mcinnes instead.

Brenda didn't have a trophy winning record yet look where he is now. 

I've never bought into this proven record of winning trophies. Pedro was hired having won trophies with Santos Laguna and look how well that went.

It's just my opinion but I think Clarke can do well with us and give us a better chance of doing 55. Any manager is a gamble but when your seeing one getting results in our league with fewer resources we should be at least looking. Seeing Alex Rae now out saying the same

55 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

What was Brendan Rodgers record at Reading?  How many trophies had Rodgers won before moving up North?  We'll get someone who is largely unproven or who has experience but who has underperformed at some point (like Rodgers did before getting canned from Liverpool).  Guys who have won things everywhere they've been for years and years will be on £100k/week+ jobs down South.  

48 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

What was Brendan Rodgers record at Reading?  How many trophies had Rodgers won before moving up North?  We'll get someone who is largely unproven or who has experience but who has underperformed at some point (like Rodgers did before getting canned from Liverpool).  Guys who have won things everywhere they've been for years and years will be on £100k/week+ jobs down South.  

Who gives a fuck about Rodgers ffs  It's about us not them and not that wee clatty ladyboy shagger.