Steve Clarke Proved he is a Contender For the Rangers Job - TRO

Lloyd

8 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Guest Contributor, Ally Brown, knows his onions.  Steve Clarke should be up for consideration and I'm sure he will be.

If he isn't I would be very surprised. 

Clarke and murty have been in the jobs roughly the same amount of time. 

With a weaker squad Clarke has taken more points. IMO with our squad and resources he could take us to the level we need to be to do 55 and stop 10. 

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Some pretty flawed logic right there. 

Besides, were either of the other two successful to the level we should be interested in? I'm not so sure.

That’s my point, saying Clark has done shire in the past is the same as hiring Pedro or Warburton because they were good in the past.

21 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

McInnes? Just beat super Steve midweek. 

Barcelona and Real Madrid are likely to get beat a few times a season but my point is Clark has taken a team that was struggling in bottom position and made them really hard to beat. Since he took over they are in the top 6 and unbeaten against us and the scum, boys has climbed to the top of the scoring charts and have the same record as Murty almost, in points gained. A team largely the same as the one he inherited. That tells me he is getting the most out of the same players that were in bottom position. The tactical system he has works , the coaching and delivery of instructions is spot on.

This is exactly what we need, a tactical system that works and a manager that gets the most out of his players 

10 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

That’s my point, saying Clark has done shire in the past is the same as hiring Pedro or Warburton because they were good in the past.

Barcelona and Real Madrid are likely to get beat a few times a season but my point is Clark has taken a team that was struggling in bottom position and made them really hard to beat. Since he took over they are in the top 6 and unbeaten against us and the scum, boys has climbed to the top of the scoring charts and have the same record as Murty almost, in points gained. A team largely the same as the one he inherited. That tells me he is getting the most out of the same players that were in bottom position. The tactical system he has works , the coaching and delivery of instructions is spot on.

This is exactly what we need, a tactical system that works and a manager that gets the most out of his players 

Nuh. 

4 hours ago, Inigo said:

The biggest problem with Steve Clarke is his second season at WBA and his time at Reading, neither of which were very good. Other than this season, he's only had one successful season.

I'd be more comfortable with a longer track record of looking the part.

He's proved himself in Scotland though. That's what we're needing just now.

McInnes hasn't done anything out of the ordinary at Aberdeen but Clarke has taken Kilmarnock from bottom of the league to the best team in the country.

He's ideal to get us back on the right foot.

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Generally bloggers especially Rangers or football ones in a nutshell, though.

They are too good to make a post on a normal forum like you or me, they want to say the same thing tarted up on a massive look-at-me stage like their opinion is more important than anycunt elses. I wish we'd stop sharing their articles.

Yup, the cunt who wrote that blog saying Murty deserves the job put up a post on twitter saying he was very happy that everyone despised what he wrote.

10 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

He's proved himself in Scotland though. That's what we're needing just now.

McInnes hasn't done anything out of the ordinary at Aberdeen but Clarke has taken Kilmarnock from bottom of the league to the best team in the country.

He's ideal to get us back on the right foot.

He's proved he can take Kilmarnock from last to 5th in the space of 5 months.  I remain to be convinced that this constitutes proving yourself for the Rangers job.

And I don't see what McInnes has to do with it. I didn't want him either.

Just now, Inigo said:

He's proved he can take Kilmarnock from last to 5th in the space of 5 months.  I remain to be convinced that this constitutes proving yourself for the Rangers job.

And I don't see what McInnes has to do with it. I didn't want him either.

He also made Broadfoot look like a half decent defender which means he can do anything 

14 minutes ago, Siwel said:

He also made Broadfoot look like a half decent defender which means he can do anything 

Murty and Clarke have been in charge for the same period of time. 

Clarke has picked up 47 points. 

Murty has picked up 40 points.

Clark has done this with a weaker sqaud. 

12 minutes ago, Siwel said:

That’s because he is, he was St Mirrens best player and captain at CB before he joined us, he then was our right back all the way to the UEFA Cup Final and performed well for years in the SPL rarely letting us down without thrilling, he then moved down south and performed very well for Blackpool in the English Championship being made their captain.

Sure he is a clumsy player who can’t take a throw in for shit or utilise eggs correctly but he’s far from a poor defender.

26 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

That’s because he is, he was St Mirrens best player and captain at CB before he joined us, he then was our right back all the way to the UEFA Cup Final and performed well for years in the SPL rarely letting us down without thrilling, he then moved down south and performed very well for Blackpool in the English Championship being made their captain.

Sure he is a clumsy player who can’t take a throw in for shit or utilise eggs correctly but he’s far from a poor defender.

He was awful for Killie before Clarke came in