Bates is off

jjbscotty12

4 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Time to stop listening to David Edgar podcast I think.

Reckons Bates will be in EPL in next few year.

Fuck sake way he’s going on like he’s Richard Gough

He's not Richard Gough but we have no players of that standard now.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

We've doubled shit loads on players who don't deserve it. I can't see how he deserves 10 x his money or so after the games he's played

Because that is his market value, he is our best central defender at the present time, he has the potential to sell on, he will not cost us a transfer fee, and sometimes needs must?  Look at what we are left with,  apart from McCrorie (who is very much a work in progress) we are a disaster defensively, and I include the two fullbacks that we gave new contracts to recently.

6 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Is that you just figured that out?

I was really thinking about the weeks in a month calculation is that extra.:whistle:

For 31 days in a month:

(31 days) / (7 days/week) = 4.4286 weeks = 4 weeks + 3 days

For 30 days in a month:

(30 days) / (7 days/week) = 4.2857 weeks = 4 weeks + 2 days

For 28 days in a month:

(28 days) / (7 days/week) = 4 weeks

For 29 days in a month:

(29 days) / (7 days/week) = 4.1429 weeks = 4 weeks + 1 day

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

Put it this way did you think Morelos was worth Ten million quid.:whistle:

I think he would be a stand-out in a better team than we have at present.   You said that Bates was worth £10k a week because Hamburg were willing to pay that and by the same logic then Morelos is worth millions as the Chinese club was willing to pay that price.    I'm sorry Bates is going as he showed potential but at the same time I'm shocked that Hamburg are taking him on for 4 years although their player acquisition over the last 6 years or so has been appalling which is why they have been fighting relegation every season and are almost certain to go down this year.   We need better players than those who show "potential" at this point in our rebuilding.

Just now, Smile said:

I was really thinking about the weeks in a month calculation is that extra.:whistle:

For 31 days in a month:

(31 days) / (7 days/week) = 4.4286 weeks = 4 weeks + 3 days

For 30 days in a month:

(30 days) / (7 days/week) = 4.2857 weeks = 4 weeks + 2 days

For 28 days in a month:

(28 days) / (7 days/week) = 4 weeks

For 29 days in a month:

(29 days) / (7 days/week) = 4.1429 weeks = 4 weeks + 1 day

wit

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

I think he would be a stand-out in a better team than we have at present.   You said that Bates was worth £10k a week because Hamburg were willing to pay that and by the same logic then Morelos is worth millions as the Chinese club was willing to pay that price.    I'm sorry Bates is going as he showed potential but at the same time I'm shocked that Hamburg are taking him on for 4 years although their player acquisition over the last 6 years or so has been appalling which is why they have been fighting relegation every season and are almost certain to go down this year.   We need better players than those who show "potential" at this point in our rebuilding.

Morelos is an average player but we laud these players now we have a team of very average to poor players Bates obviously had good offers so knew what he was worth this board once again could not afford him. 

Bates will improve their and get good money I can see why he's leaving after watching other average players getting improved contracts.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Morelos is an average player but we laud these players now we have a team of very average to poor players Bates obviously had good offers so knew what he was worth this board once again could not afford him. 

Bates will improve their and get good money I can see why he's leaving after watching other average players getting improved contracts.

Morelos is only two months older than Bates.

Quite incredible just how young AM is. He has about 15 years left of his career, he’ll go much, much further than David Bates

Just now, Smile said:

So morelos is average but Bates will be a star at Hamburg?

He might not even get a game? Then again their fans might be raging as they're to replace that boy Papadopoulos who's on around 50k pw with a guy on 10k so maybe they see this is an embarrassing step down for them?

50 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Being the best defender at Rangers just now is like winning a quasimodo lookalike competition.

Do you think Bates deserves to earn twice as much as McCrorie does?

I actually laughed out loud when I read that, priceless.  

Humour aside though, I agree with you.

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

So morelos is average but Bates will be a star at Hamburg?

He might not even get a game? Then again their fans might be raging as they're to replace that boy Papadopoulos who's on around 50k pw with a guy on 10k so maybe they see this is an embarrassing step down for them?

Morelos is average as is all our players it's what we buy now, Bates is average but could go on to be a very good player a star even who knows.

Just now, Smile said:

Morelos is average as is all our players it's what we buy now, Bates is average but could go on to be a very good player a star even who knows.

Morelos has more talent than Bates. Is hold up play is outstanding for such a wee guy.

He's got lots to work on but he does have far more potential than Bates from what I've seen

9 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

We picked up Andrews and Kyrgiakos both on free transfers and they were instrumental in our winning the league in 2005 (Helicopter Sunday).  Players can be found.   Other teams manage it but we have been remiss at scouting for years.   Bates was far from perfect.   Also we can't be held to ransom by players and their agents.  Bates has chosen to join a club heading for relegation instead of remaining at a club hopefully heading back to the top.

The two you mention were the exception rather than the rule. they had a good season and then disappeared.  Of course, players can be found, Walter proved that but it helps if you’ve got a bit of money to spend in transfer fees which I doubt we have at the present time.  

I never said Bates was perfect but we knew he could do a job for us and had the potential to improve. He would have been a low risk signing.   All players have agents who will negotiate the best deal they can for their player.  I’m sure Bates agent never held us any more to ransom that Tav or John’s agents, the only difference is that we were willing to meet the latters demands.  Clearly, being a good defender is not considered to be a factor in getting a new enhanced deal at Ibrox at the present time.

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Morelos has more talent than Bates. Is hold up play is outstanding for such a wee guy.

He's got lots to work on but he does have far more potential than Bates from what I've seen

He's an odd one he doesn't score enough goals for me but like to see him in the team for his work rate. Strikers are always looked upon more positively than Defenders as everyone remembers a goal more than an important clearance.

1 minute ago, Ibroxholm said:

The two you mention were the exception rather than the rule. they had a good season and then disappeared.  Of course, players can be found, Walter proved that but it helps if you’ve got a bit of money to spend in transfer fees which I doubt we have at the present time.  

I never said Bates was perfect but we knew he could do a job for us and had the potential to improve. He would have been a low risk signing.   All players have agents who will negotiate the best deal they can for their player.  I’m sure Bates agent never held us any more to ransom that Tav or John’s agents, the only difference is that we were willing to meet the latters demands.  Clearly, being a good defender is not considered to be a factor in getting a new enhanced deal at Ibrox at the present time.

I read somewhere maybe FF that Bates Agent is Gordon Smith son they seemed to suggest he had no love for us. Dunno how true that is.

4 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Pretty sure Kyrgiakos was only signed for a year on his terms and left for more cash when his contract expired.

I only highlighted them as an example.

8 minutes ago, Smile said:

I read somewhere maybe FF that Bates Agent is Gordon Smith son they seemed to suggest he had no love for us. Dunno how true that is.

I don’t know who his agent is but in this instance he seems to have got the best financial deal for his player which is his job.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

I don't think its fair Alves is on six times what McCrories on either but that's just what happens in Football, you seem to be making a lot of excuses for us not to reward the boy with a decent contract he obviously knew through his agent that he was wanted by other clubs so had the power to negotiate. 

It's not a case of McCrorie or Bates for me if the board had done their job we could have had them at the club together for at least ten years.

No excuses, i’d have chased him out door if he asked me for 9k a week.

Alves will be gone as well soon.

Has Bates himself made any comment yet, offered any explanation about why he's chosen this move, or made any statement of thanks to Rangers for giving his career this sort of financial boost?

Or is he too busy booking his Deutsch lernen kurs and opening his bankkonto for all the Euros he'll be earning?   Or is it too early days for him to publicly acknowledge the platform Rangers gave him to enable a move like this to happen?  And to at least wish us the best for next season before he disappears into obscurity only to return to Scotland a few years from now having struggled to make the grade in Germany?      If he travels well, gets over homesickness, overcomes the language barrier and as a footballer becomes good enough to do well enough in German football then good for him.   At present I see it as just taking the dosh while it was on the table and hoping for the best.  

He wasn't that good in my opinion that its a disaster we didn't find enough money to meet or better what the Germans were offering.   

1 minute ago, Reformation Bear said:

Has Bates himself made any comment yet, offered any explanation about why he's chosen this move, or made any statement of thanks to Rangers for giving his career this sort of financial boost?

Or is he too busy booking his Deutsch lernen kurs and opening his bankkonto for all the Euros he'll be earning?   Or is it too early days for him to publicly acknowledge the platform Rangers gave him to enable a move like this to happen?  And to at least wish us the best for next season before he disappears into obscurity only to return to Scotland a few years from now having struggled to make the grade in Germany?      If he travels well, gets over homesickness, overcomes the language barrier and as a footballer becomes good enough to do well enough in German football then good for him.   At present I see it as just taking the dosh while it was on the table and hoping for the best.  

He wasn't that good in my opinion that its a disaster we didn't find enough money to meet or better what the Germans were offering.   

He done it shortly after the move was announced

Archived