Bates is off

jjbscotty12

3 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

it's true about that single decision, but the fact is no one actually knows if it is the correct decision - including the club

BECAUSE THERE HAS NOT BEEN A REAL FUCKING MANAGER AT OUR CLUB SINCE 2011

...therefore the boards fault.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Don't patronise me.  You have a different opinion just leave it at that instead of trying to be Mr Big.  I also don't need capitals to understand your anger..

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Ibroxholm said:

Don’t disagree with what you say mate but thought it interesting that you make the Beckenbauer comparison as the benchmark for a central defender.  Not aiming this at you, but  I have noticed over the years that so many fans judge young CBs on the criterion of passing ability and being comfortable on the ball.  They overlook and often denigrate the guys who are simply out and out defenders, an example being Schwarzenbeck the guy who did most of Beckenbauers defending for him throughout his career.   If big Bates turns out to be only 25% the player Schwarzenbeck was, we will have made a big mistake in letting him go.

No offence taken mate, but you obviously don't know my way of comparing apples with baked beans. I wasn't actually comparing Bates with Beckenbauer, or even comparing Bates with anybody; it's my way of saying I'd rather get rid of Martin, even although at the moment Bates is a bit raw and untidy when he hits long balls to nobody in particular.

I coached and managed footballers at various levels for almost 50 years and every centre half I've had was coached the same way = "You are a defender first and foremost, so do your job as simple as possible around that last 25 yards; anything else is a bonus".

Apparently, it wasn't so much that we let Bates go, it was more the point Bates wanted more money than our DoF thought his benefit to the club was worth at this point in time, so that being the case, best of luck to the lad.

BTW! If Bates turns out to be only 10% the player of big Katsche Schwarzenbeck, then we have fucked up big time because in my opinion Schwarzenbeck was the best defender Germany ever had.

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

Don't patronise me.  You have a different opinion just leave it at that instead of trying to be Mr Big.  I also don't need capitals to understand your anger..

Lol ok

The capitalised letters were to make things very clear to you as it seems it’s the only thing that has penetrated your thick skull.

A little clue was the capitalised words being in between lower case paragraphs. If I was angry they all would have been capitalised.

It really doesn’t surprise me that you make things up in your own head, defending this board is a big warning sign.

51 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Lol ok

The capitalised letters were to make things very clear to you as it seems it’s the only thing that has penetrated your thick skull.

A little clue was the capitalised words being in between lower case paragraphs. If I was angry they all would have been capitalised.

It really doesn’t surprise me that you make things up in your own head, defending this board is a big warning sign.

FUCKING SPEAK UP MAN, WE CAN'T HEAR YOU IN THE BACK!

Wonder how much money Morelos was on before his new deal. I’d be surprised if it was 7 n half grand signing him from a Finnish team.

We obviously don’t know but I’d say it’s safe to assume he wanted more than McCrorie and what Buffalo was initially on sums it up. 

After 20 odd games? His agent has made a cunt of it, I’m glad we’ve stood firm. Wish him the best, enjoy 2nd div in Germany. 

I think Bates will live to regret this a lot more than we do.

20 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Wonder how much money Morelos was on before his new deal. I’d be surprised if it was 7 n half grand signing him from a Finnish team.

We obviously don’t know but I’d say it’s safe to assume he wanted more than McCrorie and what Buffalo was initially on sums it up. 

After 20 odd games? His agent has made a cunt of it, I’m glad we’ve stood firm. Wish him the best, enjoy 2nd div in Germany. 

Given that Bates is going out of contract, there's an instability at the club and players must wonder if the new manager will rate and play him, his agent imo has played a blinder rather than make a cunt of it. Quite often like with Morelos players contracts improve mid term- Bates was unfortunate that the pendulum swung from him having strong bargaining position to none when he got his injury. Not a fuck up though when a 7k contract elsewhere is sorted 

I'm far from convinced Bates will make it anywhere at the top level but I'm sure 4years of 7 plus k per week will help him get over it.

On 12/04/2018 at 16:56, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Why he's bang average and not really cos Hamburg are about to be relegated.

Bang average? For a young boy thrown in at the deep end, only one single time did I see ANYONE get on the wrong side of him. Aye, he doesn't look too comfortable on the ball but as far as defending goes, he's the best centre back we've had since Davie Weir retired. And aye, I'm including Goian and Bocanegra in that. 

5 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Only 3% of posters have voted for him as young player of the year in the POTY thread so far. Pretty much sums the lad up.

Hasn't been outstanding, best of a bad lot of CBs and clearly nowhere near being our best young player. 

So wrong. That boy is a winner and is fucking solid. Only one time I seen someone get past him.  I'm truly gutted we're losing him. 

3 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Given that Bates is going out of contract, there's an instability at the club and players must wonder if the new manager will rate and play him, his agent imo has played a blinder rather than make a cunt of it. Quite often like with Morelos players contracts improve mid term- Bates was unfortunate that the pendulum swung from him having strong bargaining position to none when he got his injury. Not a fuck up though when a 7k contract elsewhere is sorted 

I'm far from convinced Bates will make it anywhere at the top level but I'm sure 4years of 7 plus k per week will help him get over it.

I agree he’s done well to get his client a good deal which is his job.

I was referring to his Rangers career that he’s made a cunt of that. If he was more reasonable I’m sure he would be a Rangers player next season.

1 minute ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Agreed. He's not our player anymore and McCrorie is dodgy at Centre back too. 

This is a fucking disaster. Can't believe our board has let this happen. 

Default position for everything at our club is the “board”. 

Why not blame a 21 year old who wants to leave for his own personal reasons and a wad of cash he actually hasn’t proved he deserves.  

I’m bored with the board stuff. Try thinking wider about things. 

7 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

So wrong. That boy is a winner and is fucking solid. Only one time I seen someone get past him.  I'm truly gutted we're losing him. 

Hos passing leaves a lot to be desired. You are entitled to your opinion though, even if 97℅ of the forum don't think he's the new messiah. 

3 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

He wanted a decent wage why would McCrorie get more no team came in for him when his contract ran down. It's all about what teams think you worth Morelos had suitors as did bates so they could negotiate on that. 

Its the same in any Market if you have two or three buyers you can negotiate from a position of strength.

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Default position for everything at our club is the “board”. 

Why not blame a 21 year old who wants to leave for his own personal reasons and a wad of cash he actually hasn’t proved he deserves.  

I’m bored with the board stuff. Try thinking wider about things. 

They let his contract get to the point were he could leave for free before they even knew what kinda player he was. If they put a contract to him last summer on the same terms as he was on with an extra year, I bet he would've signed it. Should never let a youngsters contract get to that stage before we know if they could make it or not. Especially as that seems like it is going to be a big part of the model we will be using to build a team now. We don't have the cash anymore, so it will be youngsters, maybe a wee gem plucked out of obscurity and a couple million max on proven player's that will be our model for the foreseeable future. 

1 minute ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

They let his contract get to the point were he could leave for free before they even knew what kinda player he was. If they put a contract to him last summer on the same terms as he was on with an extra year, I bet he would've signed it. Should never let a youngsters contract get to that stage before we know if they could make it or not. Especially as that seems like it is going to be a big part of the model we will be using to build a team now. We don't have the cash anymore, so it will be youngsters, maybe a wee gem plucked out of obscurity and a couple million max on proven player's that will be our model for the foreseeable future. 

The board have once again been daft there were suitors for bates they could have signed him up and sold him for a Profit.

3 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Hos passing leaves a lot to be desired. You are entitled to your opinion though, even if 97℅ of the forum don't think he's the new messiah. 

I agree, his passing is honking. That's not his job though. Morelos's tackling is shocking, so is Tav's (who actually has that as part of his duties) and I don't see anyone moaning about that. 

15 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I agree, his passing is honking. That's not his job though. Morelos's tackling is shocking, so is Tav's (who actually has that as part of his duties) and I don't see anyone moaning about that. 

So we should let a professional player whose in your own words passing is honking and who has only played 20 games for us hold the club to ransom?

Nae bother.

Btw Morelos and Tavs are much better passers than him and contribute more to the team overall. They gained over 50% each in their respective POTY polls too. He got 3% for fuck sakes.They aren't holding the club to ransom after playing a mere 20 games for us either. 

33 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Mince

he had two loan periods at lower league clubs and had played about 7 games for us after being signed for the development squad 

No way should he have been offered more than what he actually took. 

He’s been offered probably what he’s worth after only 20 appearances. His decision not ours

Archived