Bates is off

jjbscotty12

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Biggest overreaction to a player leaving since Charlie Telfer.

Ally got the blame that time, the board this. Anything but the harsh reality that most modern players have no loyalty whatsoever and nearly always chase the money. 

Some supporters must think our players sleep in their Rangers bedrooms with their  walls  adorned with Rangers posters, and sleep under their Rangers quilts wearing their Rangers onesies and dream of getting their testimonial with us.

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Ally got the blame that time, the board this. Anything but the harsh reality that most modern players have no loyalty whatsoever and nearly always chase the money. 

Some supporters must think our players sleep in their Rangers bedrooms with their  walls  adorned with Rangers posters, and sleep under their Rangers quilts wearing their Rangers onesies and dream of getting their testimonial with us.

Aye it was all Ally's fault that time for not giving the boy enough games - despite him going on to achieve the square root of fuck all. This time it's the board's fault for not overspending on someone who has played 25 games for us and was being kept out the team until Alves got injured.

Players will almost always do what is best for them. Being a boyhood fan is a great wee soundbite to offer up and curry favour with fans but it doesn't really count for much when push comes to shove.

Seeing as we’ll potentially need a few CB’s this summer I’d quite like to see us go for Kipre, obviously along with some more proven players. I can’t help but think his “nasty” streak would be perfect for us, and by that he’s not Mohsni level mad either.

1 hour ago, The Monk said:

Seeing as we’ll potentially need a few CB’s this summer I’d quite like to see us go for Kipre, obviously along with some more proven players. I can’t help but think his “nasty” streak would be perfect for us, and by that he’s not Mohsni level mad either.

He would be a good option to have. But he's just signed a new contract at Motherwell the other day. 

Bates was the best of a bad bunch. At best he would have been 3rd or 4th choice next season.  We've seen young players leave before and do nothing. Wilson and Macleod. Bates isn't a huge loss. 

Whatever the summer budget is we need to invest it heavily in getting quailty at centre back.

2 hours ago, The Monk said:

If Kipre played for us he'd end up with more red cards than Ryan Jack.

Totally agree we need more nastiness as well as physicality and aggression in our squad.......it's in very short supply and unfortunately what every team needs in this pishy, backwards league.

28 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

If Kipre played for us he'd end up with more red cards than Ryan Jack.

Totally agree we need more nastiness as well as physicality and aggression in our squad.......it's in very short supply and unfortunately what every team needs in this pishy, backwards league.

To be fair if he’s playing international football and is coached right he will stamp that out of his game and use his presence well.

The ability gap is a million miles apart but Ramos is hardly shy getting booked or sent off, we heard the same about Bruno and he’s powderpuff, I’d argue we need someone with a nasty streak, especially in defence, no more standing off showing them a corner to place the ball into.

1 hour ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

If we replace him with Kipre that’s a major upgrade IMO and I wouldn’t complain.

If Bates played for Motherwell with Kipre which one would we honestly want? 

7.5k ???

Kirpe is a solid big defender. Just extended his contract to 2020 the other day. We will see just how good he is when we put  motherwell to the sword in the final.:guns:

5 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

McCrorie does. 

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

Aye it was all Ally's fault that time for not giving the boy enough games - despite him going on to achieve the square root of fuck all. This time it's the board's fault for not overspending on someone who has played 25 games for us and was being kept out the team until Alves got injured.

Players will almost always do what is best for them. Being a boyhood fan is a great wee soundbite to offer up and curry favour with fans but it doesn't really count for much when push comes to shove.

To be fair, given what McCoist was putting on display you can’t blame fans for wanting an alternative. 

2 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Bates was the best of a bad bunch. At best he would have been 3rd or 4th choice next season.  We've seen young players leave before and do nothing. Wilson and Macleod. Bates isn't a huge loss. 

Whatever the summer budget is we need to invest it heavily in getting quailty at centre back.

Bit harsh on Macleod that, McCabe is a better example, horrible rat bastard that he is

6 hours ago, MasterD said:

Biggest overreaction to a player leaving since Charlie Telfer.

I don’t think it’s coincidence that the majority of people making a song and dance about this are the same ones who are always looking for stories that they can spin to suit their anti board opinions.

Just now, DBBTB said:

I don’t think it’s coincidence that the majority of people making a song and dance about this are the same ones who are always looking for stories that they can spin to suit their anti board opinions.

The buck stops with the board, especially this shower of no users.

Sick of the fake positive shite about Bates. The big ginger saviour. 

He is was/is mediocre in the backwater of Scottish football. He has basic defensive skills and he is well drilled, but is mentally and technically limited and vulnerable v a decent attack. 

1 hour ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

To be fair if he’s playing international football and is coached right he will stamp that out of his game and use his presence well.

The ability gap is a million miles apart but Ramos is hardly shy getting booked or sent off, we heard the same about Bruno and he’s powderpuff, I’d argue we need someone with a nasty streak, especially in defence, no more standing off showing them a corner to place the ball into.

Haven't seen enough of him to be fair, only time I see other spfl teams is when they play us......a bit like most "fans" of said clubs. He may well do a job for us, who knows?

We definitaley need more steel and aggression in our squad....no arguments here bud.

One or 2 of our current team would be getting their baws booted in the tunnel after games if we still had players with half the character and desire of a Gough, McCall, Soouuunnneeesss,  Fergie, McCoist, Bomber Brown et al.........or a MacDonald, Johnstone, Stevens, Forsyth, Greig, Shuggy Burns etc for all you older Bears and Bearettes :mutley:

Don't know if it's just the Buckie kicking in but we will pump these cunts tomorrow :tu::UK:

Archived