Bates is off

jjbscotty12

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Mince

he had two loan periods at lower league clubs and had played about 7 games for us after being signed for the development squad 

No way should he have been offered more than what he actually took. 

He’s been offered probably what what he’s worth after only 20 appearances. His decision not ours

No point using facts and stats to argue with a 3 percenter mate. As bad as Yes voters.:whistle:

Bates is a legend. We are doomed!!! Board oot! :angrywillie:

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Ive not read the whole thread,, so I don't know if anyone has mentioned this.

mcrorie signed a new deal recently. Maybe bates was offered the same terms.  If he was offered the same terms but rejected, maybe the management did not agree on bates getting more money than mcrorie.

i would expect most Rangers fans to agree that mcrorie is a better prospect than bates.

1 minute ago, broxi51 said:
  • Ive not read the whole thread,, so I don't know if anyone has mentioned this.

mcrorie signed a new deal recently. Maybe bates was offered the same terms.  If he was offered the same terms but rejected, maybe the management did not agree on bates getting more money than mcrorie.

i would expect most Rangers fans to agree that mcrorie is a better prospect than bates.

Only an absolute moron would give him a better deal than Mcrorie who is a far better player (internationalist) and can  play well in two positions. 

19 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

So we should let a professional player whose in your own words passing is honking and who has only played 20 games for us hold the club to ransom?

Nae bother.

Btw Morelos and Tavs are much better passers than him and contribute more to the team overall. They gained over 50% each in their respective POTY polls too. He got 3% for fuck sakes.They aren't holding the club to ransom after playing a mere 20 games for us either. 

That's why I said he should've been offered a contract last summer. The model we are going to be using means we can't let youngsters contracts run down until we're 100% certain they won't make it. 

Just now, Redwhiteandblue said:

That's why I said he should've been offered a contract last summer. The model we are going to be using means we can't let youngsters contracts run down until we're 100% certain they won't make it. 

I get what you are saying but it's not that simple unfortunately. Offer a lad who had hardly kicked a ball for Is a 4 year deal? Is it fair to give young lads false hope by giving them long contracts you might not want to fulfill? 

We would be stuck with loads of young players we didn't want on 4 year deals too. Would cost us a fortune in wages if we couldn't offload them. Their careers would stagnate too. Our reputation for developing young players would suffer too as we would have loads of young lads with absolutely no chance of making it to the first team wanting out. 

14 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I get what you are saying but it's not that simple unfortunately. Offer a lad who had hardly kicked a ball for Is a 4 year deal? Is it fair to give young lads false hope by giving them long contracts you might not want to fulfill? 

We would be stuck with loads of young players we didn't want on 4 year deals too. Would cost us a fortune in wages if we couldn't offload them. Their careers would stagnate too. Our reputation for developing young players would suffer too as we would have loads of young lads with absolutely no chance of making it to the first team wanting out. 

Jim McLeans Dundee Utd comes to mind

The harsh reality is that lots of clubs around Europe these days are more than happy to pay 5-10k a week for players who are development prospects such as Bates.

Unfortunately we simply don’t have the luxury of that approach given our current finances and I feel that is what we’ve seen here.

Depressing reality until we can sort out our balance sheet and funding!

If we truly believed he was going to be the next Gough, we’d have found the money. The club put a figure on him, he wanted more, fair enough. Think we might regret it but it’s not the Suez missile crisis (one for the older bears)

Half-glass-full thinking says MA has three or four great CBs lined up for the summer?

Jesus wept this thread has some amount of selective memory, probably the same affliction that makes shit players suddenly world class when they haven’t played for us in awhile  

Going by some it’s a wonder Bates could even put his own boots on never mind actually play football. 

The fact he was head and shoulders above 2 international defenders seems to be lost on most  

1 hour ago, Smile said:

He wanted a decent wage why would McCrorie get more no team came in for him when his contract ran down. It's all about what teams think you worth Morelos had suitors as did bates so they could negotiate on that. 

Its the same in any Market if you have two or three buyers you can negotiate from a position of strength.

I don’t blame him for leaving he done what’s best for him fair play to him.

What I’m saying is has he done enough to justify a better wage than McCrorie? Not for me and the club agree.

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

So we should let a professional player whose in your own words passing is honking and who has only played 20 games for us hold the club to ransom?

Nae bother.

Btw Morelos and Tavs are much better passers than him and contribute more to the team overall. They gained over 50% each in their respective POTY polls too. He got 3% for fuck sakes.They aren't holding the club to ransom after playing a mere 20 games for us either. 

Morelos is vastly overrated on here as is Tav who's a poor defender there Flaws are as obvious as Bates but not as spoken about, We have a very average team.

3 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I don’t blame him for leaving he done what’s best for him fair play to him.

What I’m saying is has he done enough to justify a better wage than McCrorie? Not for me and the club agree.

What's McCrorie done he made more mistakes at the back than Bates did, even in the middle he set up a goal for the opposition.  

Both players are learning the game Bates had more suitors at this point in his career the Club should have tied him up with a new deal even if just to sell him like Morelos.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

What's McCrorie done he made more mistakes at the back than Bates did, even in the middle he set up a goal for the opposition.  

Both players are learning the game Bates had more suitors at this point in his career the Club should have tied him up with a new deal even if just to sell him like Morelos.

Do you really think he would have the same suitors or as many if a fee was involved? I doubt it.

2 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Do you really think he would have the same suitors or as many of a fee was involved? I doubt it.

There will be a fee involved we will get 2 years development money. Why are we measuring bates against McCrorie no one wanted McCrorie. 

Extend Bates contract and sell him it's simple it's what they did with Morelos.

Just now, Smile said:

There will be a fee involved we will get 2 years development money. Why are we measuring bates against McCrorie no one wanted McCrorie.

Minimal fee compared to what it would be if we gave him the 4 year deal he wanted.

Because it’s relevant in terms of our wage structure. Bates isn’t a better prospect than McCrorie hence why we didn’t give him the deal he wanted.

What example does it set if you give a boy 7 n half grand after 20 odd games in one of worst Rangers teams in history? Agents would be forming a que to see Mark Allen to renegotiate deals right left and centre.

1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Minimal fee compared to what it would be if we gave him the 4 year deal he wanted.

Because it’s relevant in terms of our wage structure. Bates isn’t a better prospect than McCrorie hence why we didn’t give him the deal he wanted.

What example does it set if you give a boy 7 n half grand after 20 odd games in one of worst Rangers teams in history? Agents would be forming a que to see Mark Allen to renegotiate deals right left and centre.

Why do you keep banging on about McCrorie no one wanted him. You give him the deal that makes him sellable as he has suitors.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

Why do you keep banging on about McCrorie no one wanted him. You give him the deal that makes him sellable as he has suitors.

Doesn’t matter how many suitors he had, the club have a value of that player of what he’s worth to us. Which was clearly less than Hamburg thought. You can’t go throw thousands extra a week just because someone is showing an interest. Fuckin madness.

I’ve already told you why. I’ll no waste my time anymore trying to get it through to you.

1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Doesn’t matter how many suitors he had, the club have a value of that player of what he’s worth to us. Which was clearly less than Hamburg thought. You can’t go throw thousands extra a week just because someone is showing an interest. Fuckin madness.

I’ve already told you why. I’ll no waste my time anymore trying to get it through to you.

So you pay him 7.5k a week and sell him in the summer a player we got for nothing and you cannot see any benefit in that? Thankfully you will waste no more of my time. 

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Morelos is vastly overrated on here as is Tav who's a poor defender there Flaws are as obvious as Bates but not as spoken about, We have a very average team.

We are indeed average and I wouldn't lose any sleep if any of the older players left as they'd be easy to replace. But as I said earlier Bates isn't even in contention for best young player of the year in the poll on here. 

23 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

We are indeed average and I wouldn't lose any sleep if any of the older players left as they'd be easy to replace. But as I said earlier Bates isn't even in contention for best young player of the year in the poll on here. 

We have no players I'd worry about leaving young or old there are no stars or players who look likely to become stars. 

Archived