The new manager needs to do what O’Neill done with the tarriers

GOAT

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He was boo'd because he was a Tory and a capitalist ... despite the maniacs celebrating the success that the capitalism brought them the hypocrite bastards.

Agreed that they're support are loonies. But do you honestly think sections of our support would allow a person to come in fix the problems and then walk away with a good profit

1 minute ago, yoggiebear said:

Agreed that they're support are loonies. But do you honestly think sections of our support would allow a person to come in fix the problems and then walk away with a good profit

Nupe because we have large sections of our support who are lunatic, brain dead bastards too. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Nupe because we have large sections of our support who are lunatic, brain dead bastards too. 

Well K.A.I what's the answer cos I ain't being sarcastic but I genuinely don't know. We've went down the road of being bankrolled by one owner then we've been abused by various chancers who have walked away far richer than what they invested

4 minutes ago, yoggiebear said:

Well K.A.I what's the answer cos I ain't being sarcastic but I genuinely don't know. We've went down the road of being bankrolled by one owner then we've been abused by various chancers who have walked away far richer than what they invested

The answer is to get these so-called Rangers men and their cancerous fan groups to fuck for a start. 

26 minutes ago, yoggiebear said:

We don't need a McCann. Our stadium is already fit for purpose (needs a bit of money spent on it) McCann came with the plan to turn them about then leave with a good profit, he was upfront about that and got booed for it at sellick park. We need someone who is in it for the long haul and is willing to match the supporters demands

We need a good businessman that can turn us around and make us an attractive option. Also large parts of Ibrox are in shocking condition.

17 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

How so? how many of his under 18 games have you watched? 

He was interviewed about it.

Spoke about how lots of the youngsters like to showboat with tricks and skills possibly due to video games.

He wanted his players to do the basics well, assert themselves in games for the 90 minutes. Pretty much what he was like as a player.

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

He was interviewed about it.

Spoke about how lots of the youngsters like to showboat with tricks and skills possibly due to video games.

He wanted his players to do the basics well, assert themselves in games for the 90 minutes. Pretty much what he was like as a player.

He was interviewed about it. Ok. 

17 minutes ago, Badger said:

O'Neill inherited an incredible player in Larsson - who was just about to hit his peak. He was a guy that could just make things happen for them and was an outstanding talent who was far better than the SPL. 

Add proven EPL quality in Sutton and Hartson, and you had a pretty formidable front line. The rest of his team was well organised, with a few bruisers and a few footballers in there. They never even needed a good keeper domestically and Douglas was always that sides weak link.

Trouble is, we have absolutely nothing like a Larsson for the next manager to inherit - and to pick up the equivelant of Sutton and Hartson in todays market would be costing us well in excess of £30 million.

Fundamentally I agree though. We need to win by being ugly, brutish and physical - with a peppering of good footballers thrown in. We could do worse than our next manager understanding the ugly side of ther game. Do we have the budget to do it though.

celtic currently don't have a Larsson either so we don't need players of that calibre.  The OP wasn't suggesting we replicate that team exactly, just their philosophy which was a big, physical, and direct team.  Three commanding CBs, two very competitive CDMs, full-back (which we already have), and a target man to put next to Cummings or Morelos would do.  We can replicate that style of play and we don't need £30m to do it.  

Just now, TMB said:

celtic currently don't have a Larsson either so we don't need players of that calibre.  The OP wasn't suggesting we replicate that team exactly, just their philosophy which was a big, physical, and direct team.  Three commanding CBs, two very competitive CDMs, full-back (which we already have), and a target man to put next to Cummings or Morelos would do.  We can replicate that style of play and we don't need £30m to do it.  

Get Cummings and Morelos to fuck though. 

17 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The answer is to get these so-called Rangers men and their cancerous fan groups to fuck for a start. 

Totally agree. We have far too many fans organisations for the one club. With each one trying to prove that they have the fans/clubs best interests at heart. If we had one organisation at the forefront of the support/club then we could truly move forward as a unit

3 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

He had the luxury of spending £6m on Sutton and Hartson to do. We’d be lucky to spend even half of that on a player.

3 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

O'Neill had large amounts of money to spend as well.

Will our new manager get that?

The money dictates the quality but it doesn't matter if the money was there or not it's the route we need to go down.

No investment, find big athletic aggressive bastards.

Investment. Find better big athletic aggressive bastards.

All well and fine saying that but you need a board that can tell their head from their arse and has money to back a manager. We can't even attract a manager and got stuck with Murty. 

Steven Gerrard is a big name but no proper management experience. After today I wouldn't blame him if he bolted. 

Motherwell managed to get moult in, then his replacement who both seem capable.  And Cipre.  That's the type of player I want, but hopefully better quality still.

The alternative is to go for more footballing wallflowers who get bullied again and again.

Btw you can combine these strong powerful players with more skilful players that’s what they done with your petrovs and your moravciks or however you spelled that wee fenian cunts name.  It’s not the 2000’s anymore we both can’t attract or spend that money anymore but we can still do what needs done to combat them and other teams in this league that bully us. 

Right now we don't have any players that can be classed as powerful or skilful. 

Taking the approach oniell used to beat us is likely out best option.

Get a powerful team onto the pitch that can bully teams and can't be beaten easily. To do this we need the spine of a new team right.