The new manager needs to do what O’Neill done with the tarriers

GOAT

I’ve been saying this to people since last year, what we need to do is be the polar opposite to them. If they are going to be a better football playing team than us then we need to be more physical and solid

Just like Atletico under Simeone when they won La Liga.

But this would all require some half decent leadership 

The thing is... They are not that great. That’s what is pissing me off the most. 

Us being that bad is worse than the result itself and we have regressed to the point where i genuinley believe this to be as bad ss our 14/15 season team. 

Massive effort by the club to get the support back on side before renewal deadline, me included.  

As an additional here.. if they think Gerrard will halt this feeling then they are in for a very quick and very large shock. 

For that you need money and we don't have it.

It's the same shite recruitment we have so will be the same standard of shitebag players we attract.

We would need a absolute fortune to win the title...an amount that's not feasible to us 

People saying we need money I’m sorry but Motherwell have bullied them a couple of times this season spending pennies.  I know O’Neil spent big money on certain players but we had a multi million pound team ourselves to combat, they don’t.  

54 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Build a tall physical strong team that will bully the midfield and defence.  That’s the only way we’re going to combat Rodgers celtic anytime soon. 

Nae doubts cunts will dismiss this because it was O’Neill that done it, but he was bang on the button when he first came into the tarriers during DA’s second season we ran riot most of the time against them.  Within a season he had turned John Barnes shite into treble winners.  

I've been banging on about MONs big physical team for the best part of two years on here.  I agree with you 100% and it's exactly what we need to do.  We can't afford to buy silky footballers and great passers to outplay them at a 4-3-3.  We should go the big route, strong and dominant in the air, with a 3-5-2 that best suits our full-backs.  

23 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Build a tall physical strong team that will bully the midfield and defence.  That’s the only way we’re going to combat Rodgers celtic anytime soon. 

Nae doubts cunts will dismiss this because it was O’Neill that done it, but he was bang on the button when he first came into the tarriers during DA’s second season we ran riot most of the time against them.  Within a season he had turned John Barnes shite into treble winners.  

I have said this a million times 100% agree with this. It’s men v boys at the moment.

looking at it now our recruitment has not been good enough. 

We are totally fucked at the moment our club is a shambles from top to bottom.

26 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

He had the luxury of spending £6m on Sutton and Hartson to do. We’d be lucky to spend even half of that on a player.

When you compare what he spent compared to what we were at the time, it’s not too far apart from the current budgets.

I started the same thread a few months ago, and was shot down for “praising” what MON did at the time. We need to take the same approach, and if that means getting in a non glamorous name like Clarke, Coleman, Levein etc then so be it.

Why not wait until the EFL play offs are done. There will be one of Bruce, Jokanovic, Warnock etc who doesn’t go up, we should break the bank for one of them

You can’t play that way anymore, if you look at tackles from that era most are red cards by today’s standards.

I agree with the sentiment though - I think Crystal Palace’s fast, direct combative style is the modern equivilant and we should be aiming for something like that.

34 minutes ago, GOAT said:

said today same as i have said all season we are w far too weak and not physical enough   celtic today looked far stronger  body wise etc than us  also what is more worrying they look a lot fitter

you are right  get some strenght in the team  and they dont need to be 6m players

O'Neill inherited an incredible player in Larsson - who was just about to hit his peak. He was a guy that could just make things happen for them and was an outstanding talent who was far better than the SPL. 

Add proven EPL quality in Sutton and Hartson, and you had a pretty formidable front line. The rest of his team was well organised, with a few bruisers and a few footballers in there. They never even needed a good keeper domestically and Douglas was always that sides weak link.

Trouble is, we have absolutely nothing like a Larsson for the next manager to inherit - and to pick up the equivelant of Sutton and Hartson in todays market would be costing us well in excess of £30 million.

Fundamentally I agree though. We need to win by being ugly, brutish and physical - with a peppering of good footballers thrown in. We could do worse than our next manager understanding the ugly side of ther game. Do we have the budget to do it though.

6 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

When you compare what he spent compared to what we were at the time, it’s not too far apart from the current budgets.

I started the same thread a few months ago, and was shot down for “praising” what MON did at the time. We need to take the same approach, and if that means getting in a non glamorous name like Clarke, Coleman, Levein etc then so be it.

Why not wait until the EFL play offs are done. There will be one of Bruce, Jokanovic, Warnock etc who doesn’t go up, we should break the bank for one of them

surely you are not serious about levein  he must be the worst in scotland  have u saw hearts recently  very very negative  my neighbour is a hearts season ticket holder  he would drive levein from edinburgh to goven to get rid of him

12 minutes ago, RDFM said:

We need a Fergus McCann as well, it’s embarrassing from board to pitch. 

We don't need a McCann. Our stadium is already fit for purpose (needs a bit of money spent on it) McCann came with the plan to turn them about then leave with a good profit, he was upfront about that and got booed for it at sellick park. We need someone who is in it for the long haul and is willing to match the supporters demands

Which is why we need a Warnock rather than a Stevie Gerrard.

Younger managers won't cut it. All the football ability and knowledge in the world won't give us what we need - we need, as you say, a big team full of bruisers and who can be organised and do the basics like mark, pass the ball, run past a man, track a man, take a set-piece, cut it back and have a shot on target. The very basics.

First signing/s should be 2 no nonsense center half's who can do the very basics and 2 full-backs who aren't wee fannies and can stay in position and clear their lines. These guys don't cost a lot compared to top midfielders and 30 goal a season strikers.

Playing with 2 wingers is criminal too. It's a luxury.

1 minute ago, yoggiebear said:

We don't need a McCann. Our stadium is already fit for purpose (needs a bit of money spent on it) McCann came with the plan to turn them about then leave with a good profit, he was upfront about that and got booed for it at sellick park. We need someone who is in it for the long haul and is willing to match the supporters demands

He was boo'd because he was a Tory and a capitalist ... despite the maniacs celebrating the success that the capitalism brought them the hypocrite bastards.