Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, KingKirk said:

Your right lads its way fuckin beyond that!:lol::lol::lol: Nae positive tae gerrard signing. Step back from the computer and think about that one.

It's a fucking youth coach getting appointed due to being at a club King supports, when we're fucking shite and getting embarrassed nearly every week, and we replace a youth coach with another one.

Also, the irony of that despite you saying, we can't afford a big name and then proceeding to call Gerrard a big name is unreal

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The only thing that can really be counted is, the whole he attracts better players, even then like Pedro, might turn into a negative, not having it

When was the last time you heard or saw lineker, shearer, wright, ferdinand, lampard, wise etc talking about Rangers in any way? Never mind the fact they were pretty much all saying nothing but positives about us? You cant see the profile of the club increasing already? 

Just now, WWTC said:

When was the last time you heard or saw lineker, shearer, wright, ferdinand, lampard, wise etc talking about Rangers in any way? Never mind the fact they were pretty much all saying nothing but positives about us? You cant see the profile of the club increasing already? 

The only person in the UK-wide media I can think of who has consistently talked well of us over the last six years or so is Paul Hawksbee on TalkSport.

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It's a fucking youth coach getting appointed due to being at a club King supports, when we're fucking shite and getting embarrassed nearly every week, and we replace a youth coach with another one.

Also, the irony of that despite you saying, we can't afford a big name and then proceeding to call Gerrard a big name is unreal

Sorry bud but SG is a big name possibly one of englands greatest CMs. Keep it real ffs

13 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The only thing that can really be counted is, the whole he attracts better players, even then like Pedro, might turn into a negative, not having it

There's without a doubt some positives mate. Clearly there is.

My view is that the risk to reward ratio even taking these positives into account isn't enough for me. Not by a longshot.

But at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised either if he did do the job and proved everyone wrong. I don't think it's as clear cut as a McCoist, Caixhina or Murty that was doomed to fail right from the very start - there's a different feel to this sort of gamble. It's difficult to put my finger on or explain but it's there.

and again, there are positives. Maybe not enough tho. 

3 minutes ago, WWTC said:

They're doing it for Gerrard and not us, they're not exactly going to bad mouth us when their mate is close to getting a job. Until we're good again, the profile means fuck all.

Just now, theblueoysterbar said:

The only person in the UK-wide media I can think of who has consistently talked well of us over the last six years or so is Paul Hawksbee on TalkSport.

Durham I think you're think about mate

9 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Great, how does Lineker, shearer and Ferdinand talking about us translate to getting results on the pitch.

7 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Spot on.

I already feel like we're a bigger club again with all the media attention, especially in England. 

It's nice after feeling forgotten in recent years.

Worldwide football will explode if he wins us 55 next year.

Just now, Siwel said:

Great, how does Lineker, shearer and Ferdinand talking about us translate to getting results on the pitch.

You can’t deny that Rangers being talked about on a Champions League Semi Final programme between a German & Spanish team is good for business! 

In terms of how does it translate on to the pitch, the bigger profile the club has, the easier it is to attract better players! 

Just now, KingKirk said:

For the past week I have  been running the Gerrard fan club for RM and even I can see the negatives in appointing the guy. surely to fuck everyone can see some positives no matter how small ffs

But if the positives are fucking tiny, why fucking bother when the negatives are enormous?

Oh but the english pundits will love us... outweighs getting raped time and time again by diddy teams?

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Sorry bud but SG is a big name possibly one of englands greatest CMs. Keep it real ffs

Get Paul Scholes then, he's better, Lampard is as good and a Rangers fan, even Gascoigne.

Get Henry, the best player to play in that league and won virtually everything he could, and being touted for the Arsenal job.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

There's without a doubt some positives mate. Clearly there is.

My view is that the risk to reward ratio even taking these positives into account isn't enough for me. Not by a longshot.

But at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised either if he did do the job and proved everyone wrong. I don't think it's as clear cut as a McCoist, Caixhina or Murty that was doomed to fail right from the very start - there's a different feel to this sort of gamble. It's difficult to put my finger on or explain but it's there.

and again, there are positives. Maybe not enough tho. 

I genuinely hope that he does do good and make me look an even bigger mongo than I already am but I just can't see mate, can't see it going any different to this season.

Until we're actually good again, I don't see the profile stuff etc. being a positive, the bigger/better players probably is tbf, but only if they don't end up flops like Alves etc 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

They're doing it for Gerrard and not us, they're not exactly going to bad mouth us when their mate is close to getting a job. Until we're good again, the profile means fuck all.

Durham I think you're think about mate

Who gives a fuck if they’re doing it for Gerrard? It involves us doesnt it? Thats just how it works. 

Thats nonsense, everyones talking about us not just 3 of his pals on the tele. Guaranteed players in England who otherwise probably wouldnt think about coming up here would be considering alot more now. Thats 2 positives. 

Im not saying he’s the ideal appointment or one that jumped out at me, but considering we were after Mcinnes 6months ago this for me would atleast show a bit of ambition. I must be one of the only idiots thats actually excited by this. 

Just now, scottyc06 said:

You can’t deny that Rangers being talked about on a Champions League Semi Final programme between a German & Spanish team is good for business! 

In terms of how does it translate on to the pitch, the bigger profile the club has, the easier it is to attract better players! 

That’s the thing it keeps coming back to but it’s pointless imo, Gerrard from a business angle is probably a decent appointment but from a football management POV it’s a shambles. Doesn’t matter how good the players he gets in are if he can’t coach them or set them up correctly we will be fucked.

Simply HAS to get off to a really positive start if he takes it, we haven't had a decent winning run since coming back up and if he could still the team to do that it would go to helping turn doubters (myself included) around.

I think if any of us were told at the beginning of the search it would be Gerrard we wouldn't be happy HOWEVER if it's to be him we get behind him and back him. We'd probably all have wanted that experience coming in but it's not to be by the looks of it, Gerrard is without a doubt a gamble but it does not mean he can't do the job but he has some proving to do.

Just now, Supersonic said:

But if the positives are fucking tiny, why fucking bother when the negatives are enormous?

Oh but the english pundits will love us... outweighs getting raped time and time again by diddy teams?

To say there is none is fuckin bonkers! thats why its worth it to keep it real.

I dont expect what happened this season to happen next

5 minutes ago, Siwel said:

It doesnt, its just one of the positives I see from his appointment. We’re rubbishing the claim that Steven Gerrard as Rangers Manager has “zero positives”. Hope that helps mate ??

Just now, Siwel said:

To be honest I think it's about Gerrard's soft skills (TM) as people like to call them.

"Gary, it's Steven here, any chance you can tap up that guy we've been looking at after you've interviewed him?"

"Frank, you know that guy that played with you in NYC a few times, what's he like?"

"Wes, it's Steven here... I know you know defence backwards, anyone about for a left back understudy that I should be looking at here?" 

Archived