Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

2 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I think giving all the candidates and names that have arisen I can accept it. It’s a gamble, no doing about it but it could pay off

your calling fellow bears idiots but you could be wrong mate. Who’s to say Gerrard could become an outstanding coach? 

If he does it won't be with us.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I think giving all the candidates and names that have arisen I can accept it. It’s a gamble, no doing about it but it could pay off

your calling fellow bears idiots but you could be wrong mate. Who’s to say Gerrard could become an outstanding coach? 

Who’s to say one day we all won’t wake up and the sky will be yellow and the grass orange?

30 minutes ago, Sket said:

Incredible how many people are just accepting this now. Our fans are idiots.

19 minutes ago, Sket said:

Howabout an actual manager...

Crazy,i know.

12 minutes ago, Sket said:

Do nothing,its something we've became masters at.

11 minutes ago, Sket said:

Should have being the key words.

:lol: Good to see you being your normal happy self

3 minutes ago, Sket said:

If he does it won't be with us.

That’s your prediction, and your entitled to it. But two things - you may be wrong and it’s definitely the wrong time to be labelling fellow bears idiots. There’s enough shit out there without it coming from within ?

If it is to be Gerrard then its presumably Gerrard and whoever Gerrard wants as his coaching staff and assistant.   And then there is the not insignificant question of what Gerrard requires by way of a transfer pot to do a spot of urgently needed team building to create a properly competitive Rangers side.   

So exactly how is this being afforded.   And if a board has that sort of dosh swilling about (or about to swill about) then where is it coming from and why not appoint a more experienced manager.   

Gerrard rebuilding Rangers on the cheap .....given a number of seasons to do it with the Support being told to wind its collective neck in on over-ambitious expectations  as a board makes it clear that Gerrard is given time regardless of results or league placings in early seasons.   Is that where we might be headed?

Or is a Gerrard signing primarily a case of King and his board desperately trying to shore up ST sales for next season and just crossing their fingers that swapping one manager who had no direct relevant experience of managing a Club - any club - never mind a club the size of Rangers and the state it is in, with another inexperienced manager will somehow work?   

Repeating that type of appointment - an inexperienced coach for another one is a gamble.   All manager appointments are a gamble but as has just been proven appointing an inexperienced youth coach to the top job was a massive gamble.  Is repeating that trick any less of a massive gamble even if the name is Gerrard?

If he & Gary Mac are appointed I really hope they commit to actually living full time in the West of Scotland.  

None of this flying up & down like a whores knickers to Merseyside or London like Weir & Warburton. 

3 minutes ago, Moobs said:

:lol: Good to see you being your normal happy self

Just wait until we hand they cunts 10 in a row :anger:

Ya fucking gravy soaked disgrace.

4 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Who’s to say one day we all won’t wake up and the sky will be yellow and the grass orange?

A guy who’s had a stellar football career and played under many outstanding coaches has a chance to be a very good coach. No guarantees but definitely more likely than your orange grass analogy. 

Just now, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

A guy who’s had a stellar football career and played under many outstanding coaches has a chance to be a very good coach. No guarantees but definitely more likely than your orange grass analogy. 

It’s about even. 

I'm of the opinion that this is gona work out well for us. Big name, decent backroom staff and someone that can pull in decent signings. Aye he's untried, but as a player he was a winner and I know that doesn't always make a good manager but it's gona be a step up from our last 3. He'll demand respect which is something that has been severely lacking. 

4 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

That’s your prediction, and your entitled to it. But two things - you may be wrong and it’s definitely the wrong time to be labelling fellow bears idiots. There’s enough shit out there without it coming from within ?

They should stop acting like idiots then.

I think Gerrard is a huge gamble and would have preferred a proven experienced manager. I am still not convinced that he will be our next manager, but all the indications seem to say he will be.

Another problem for me is that I have admired his football ability but never liked the person for some reason.

After saying all of the above IF he is appointed then I will give him every chance to prove me wrong about his managerial ability and hope he can turn our Club around and get us the results we all crave.

As a few have said we really have no option if he is appointed but to back him and hope for the best.

5 minutes ago, Sket said:

They should stop acting like idiots then.

You are right there.

There are valid points for and against appointing Gerrard but the whole going for 55, choo choo etc. really just shows as a fan base many have not learned anything from the last two proper appointments. Equally those saying well that’s us fucked because we’ve appointed him need to stop acting like fucking doomsayers.

Why, for once, can we not just take the middle ground?

11 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

If it is to be Gerrard then its presumably Gerrard and whoever Gerrard wants as his coaching staff and assistant.   And then there is the not insignificant question of what Gerrard requires by way of a transfer pot to do a spot of urgently needed team building to create a properly competitive Rangers side.   

So exactly how is this being afforded.   And if a board has that sort of dosh swilling about (or about to swill about) then where is it coming from and why not appoint a more experienced manager.   

Gerrard rebuilding Rangers on the cheap .....given a number of seasons to do it with the Support being told to wind its collective neck in on over-ambitious expectations  as a board makes it clear that Gerrard is given time regardless of results or league placings in early seasons.   Is that where we might be headed?

Or is a Gerrard signing primarily a case of King and his board desperately trying to shore up ST sales for next season and just crossing their fingers that swapping one manager who had no direct relevant experience of managing a Club - any club - never mind a club the size of Rangers and the state it is in, with another inexperienced manager will somehow work?   

Repeating that type of appointment - an inexperienced coach for another one is a gamble.   All manager appointments are a gamble but as has just been proven appointing an inexperienced youth coach to the top job was a massive gamble.  Is repeating that trick any less of a massive gamble even if the name is Gerrard?

Great post and I don't know why we cant go for an experienced coach and a proven CEO in the mould of lawell.

I wonder how much of this is being driven by King being out of his own through his stupidity getting drove into a corner by COS and this is his last throw of the dice....he either comes up a massive winner or he is fucked

Archived