Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

Suppose someone approaches Rangers and says:

”I’d like to secure two corporate boxes for the next thirty years and I’d like to pay up front. Would ten million cover it?”

”That’ll do nicely”

”Now I might not need them all that often but I’ll let you know if I don’t need them so you can re-sell them to someone else”

”Excellent”

Now what would FFP have to say about that? Selling future revenues was how Whyte screwed us over so why couldn’t we use it in reverse to our benefit?

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Not that I believe it but you do realise that in the FFP rules the clubs board are allowed to source funds to fund any loses. 

Yes and as far as I am aware that is through something like a share purchase not someone just rolling up with 15-20m. Even with loses FFP rules will only then recommend a club comes up with a plan to deal with it. Its only with repeated breaches does sanctions kick in and this has only happened a few time.

11 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

”I’d like to secure two corporate boxes for the next thirty years and I’d like to pay up front. Would ten million cover it?”

”That’ll do nicely”

”Now I might not need them all that often but I’ll let you know if I don’t need them so you can re-sell them to someone else”

”Excellent”

Now what would FFP have to say about that? Selling future revenues was how Whyte screwed us over so why couldn’t we use it in reverse to our benefit?

This wouldn’t avoid losses if transfer spending was high. You could still only recognise £0.33m of income each year.

17 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

”That’ll do nicely”

”Excellent”

I’ve got no idea mate

1 hour ago, Sket said:

Incredible how many people are just accepting this now. Our fans are idiots.

It’s mental. If the shoe was on the other foot and celtic needed a manager and they pulled this out the bag we would all be ripping the piss out of them.

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

It’s mental. If the shoe was on the other foot and celtic needed a manager and they pulled this out the bag we would all be ripping the piss out of them.

We ripped the piss out them when they signed Brenda! 

Also, they would all be congregating around the Theatre of Screams waiting on him. 

12 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I completely disagree. I was discussing this in work earlier and made the point i’d be more concerned if they appointed Gerrard than I would be in they went for clark. Doesnt always work out that way ofcourse. We all pissed ourselves at jansen.

Some players can transition into management quite easily, so don’t think all is lost with this appointment, it could work 

don’t want to slate cunts who are dead against it though.. I know that feeling of absolutely dreading a managerial appointment as I was the exact same about Pedro and was fucking vocal about it. Shot down by the “gee the cunt a chance” brigade so I won’t be giving any cunt grief for thinking this deal with Gerrard will end badly 

lets just hope he surprises a few people and does really fucking well 

4 minutes ago, KWBear said:

Some players can transition into management quite easily, so don’t think all is lost with this appointment, it could work 

don’t want to slate cunts who are dead against it though.. I know that feeling of absolutely dreading a managerial appointment as I was the exact same about Pedro and was fucking vocal about it. Shot down by the “gee the cunt a chance” brigade so I won’t be giving any cunt grief for thinking this deal with Gerrard will end badly 

lets just hope he surprises a few people and does really fucking well 

I think the big difference between Gerrard and the last three managers we've had is that Gerrard is a genuinely big name that commands respect and also he fucking hates Rodgers which is always a plus.

41 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Don't let them kid you mate they will be fuming if we appoint Gerrard. The major press will be paying more attention to us than them. It will eat them up. 

If they got him in, it would be portrayed as huge coup. And how much you want to bet arses like Jackson at the rag would be saying the same if he was going to the scum. 

Because it's us and the Scottish press have there heads up the scums arse, its been non-stop stories about how he's all wrong and won't be able to achieve anything. Total opposite to the English press. 

Gerrard is a risk and I won't criticize anyone who's against this.

He will need time but I expect he will bring in an experienced backroom team and will get funds to compete. He's taken a huge gamble as well, taking us on at the moment.

He will not come here if he thinks the board aren't going to fully back him. 

Really hope we finally have the man to get us back on track. 

11 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Don't let them kid you mate they will be fuming if we appoint Gerrard. The major press will be paying more attention to us than them. It will eat them up. 

If they got him in, it would be portrayed as huge coup. And how much you want to bet arses like Jackson at the rag would be saying the same if he was going to the scum. 

Because it's us and the Scottish press have there heads up the scums arse, its been non-stop stories about how he's all wrong and won't be able to achieve anything. Total opposite to the English press. 

Gerrard is a risk and I won't criticize anyone who's against this.

He will need time but I expect he will bring in an experienced backroom team and will get funds to compete. He's taken a huge gamble as well, taking us on at the moment.

He will not come here if he thinks the board aren't going to fully back him. 

Really hope we finally have the man to get us back on track. 

He wont get time.  If he loses a couple of games to celtic, or we drop 7+ pts behind them in the title race within the first few months, the pressure will already be piling on.  The fans will start to turn on him and use his inexperience as a stick to beat him with.  This is why it's not a great club to learn your trade at.  Make no mistake, we will demand instant success from this guy.

Some recent words from Ian Wright & Dennis Wise on Sky Sports:

Ian: "With Steven being the personality that he is, wherever he goes, he is going to have that focus on him so you might as well go somewhere like Rangers where their aim is to get closer to celtic," he said on The Debate.

"The only problem Steven will have is if he starts losing to the other teams, he can't get his message over or they aren't playing well enough. I don't think that will happen if he surrounds himself with the right people."

"If they are going to back him and give him exactly what he wants, it's perfect because it's a magnificent club and they are way behind celtic, so anything he can do to progress and get them closer is going to be a success for him.

"The pressure in Scotland is very crystallised and what it will do is get him ready for whatever may come in the future for him. It's almost as if Liverpool are loaning him out.

"For him to have the opportunity to have a job of that stature and that size, I think it's perfect."

And Dennis Wise:

"He has got an opportunity where he can go to Liverpool and say 'I would like to loan that player and that player' and he will get help from them," he added.

"When you're walking into that environment and he needs some help or wants a certain player that they're not using, he's in that position where he can pick the phone up to certain individuals.

"If you want your boys to play and have experience, you want them to go out and play in front of the big crowds, go up against men and get knocked over.

"I think he has a really unique situation where he can point to people, knock on the door and pick the phone up. That is the key to it as well, being able to have that personality and stature to turn around and say 'I would like that player'.

"He would know those players and get so much help because people want him to do well."

1 hour ago, WWTC said:

Aye spot on mate. How dare people find positives from this appointment, especially since we were all hyper critical of the appointment of Warburton at the time. And Pedro. And Murty. 

Idiots the lot of us. 

There are zero positives about a youth coach getting appointed due to King being a Liverpool fan

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

There are zero positives about a youth coach getting appointed due to King being a Liverpool fan

Thats just nonsense. There’s positives, if you choose not to see them or think the negatives out weight them then that’s fair ebough. Don’t talk shite though

6 minutes ago, Walter-of-Smith said:

Some recent words from Ian Wright & Dennis Wise on Sky Sports:

"The pressure in Scotland is very crystallised and what it will do is get him ready for whatever may come in the future for him. It's almost as if Liverpool are loaning him out.

It's like Gerrard is coming here to get a bit of experience as a manager at our expense.  Success or failure he'll just fuck off back to Liverpool at the end of it.  

3 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Thats just nonsense. There’s positives, if you choose not to see them or think the negatives out weight them then that’s fair ebough. Don’t talk shite though

The only thing that can really be counted is, the whole he attracts better players, even then like Pedro, might turn into a negative, not having it

Archived