Reckon David Bates might be regretting his exit?

pcbear

2 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Alves has been a professional and played at the highest level for 20 years.

Bates hasn't completed 25 games.

Thats how a job works the more success and years practiced then the more wages you can command.

Bates is better than Alves and is earning less.

Just now, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

That's really not how it works as I explained in my last post

I’m not saying pay him more than Alves or vice Versa but he deserved more than we offered him.

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

I’m not saying pay him more than Alves or vice Versa but he deserved more than we offered him.

That's what you were suggesting as you brought up and compared him to Alves and his wages.

For the number of games played and the percentage of an increase he was offered was fair in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Alves has been a professional and played at the highest level for 20 years.

Bates hasn't completed 25 games.

Thats how a job works the more success and years practiced then the more wages you can command.

Alves has been a disaster, 20 years or not this is the here and now, Bates with 25 games is the one I would have in my team every single time.( at a fraction of the guy who has played at the highest levels wages) the financial mismanagement by people whose job it is to numbercrunch is  shocking, where the fuck is common sense?

Wilson was the bigger loss. He’s done well, but I suspect we will be sitting in a years time looking back and thinking ‘remember when we wanted Bates to stay?’

I’m sure Gerrard will bring in decent centre halves. He has to, otherwise we don’t do fuck all next year - the defence is a complete liability. 

1 hour ago, TMB said:

We need players that want to play for Rangers as Mark Warburton once said.  Bates had every opportunity to stay and he didn't want to.  He'll be playing in the German lower leagues next season. 

Hamburg aren’t down yet.

1 minute ago, pcbear said:

Alves has been a disaster, 20 years or not this is the here and now, Bates with 25 games is the one I would have in my team every single time.( at a fraction of the guy who has played at the highest levels wages) the financial mismanagement by people whose job it is to numbercrunch is  shocking, where the fuck is common sense?

So you would offer Bates 20k a week??

Its not about Alves' form it's about being able to negotiate your contract like any job with your CV.

Bates CV doesn't suggest that he should be getting a 100% pay rise

1 minute ago, pcbear said:

Mate it's not as simple as wishing one was gone. If they're under contract they need to move on to a deal they're happy with, get sold, or get paid off. Alves is contracted at allegedly 20k pw, or a million per year. Sure as fuck if we can't get shot of him we'll try to get performances from him.

It's shite circumstances for Bates but it's right the club let him go.

We apparently offered him a decent wage but he (or his agent) wanted more. He is a good, strong CB who has obviously worked on his game since signing for us. He might continue to improve, but he chose to move on to another club. Good luck to him. He won't be having regrets when picking up his reported £14k a week and I'm sure we will sign better. 

While Bates did the basics of CH work pretty well he was never going to turn into a ball playing centre half which we need badly. This gives SG the chance to bring in a defender that can play out from defence. Remember Butcher pinging 50 yard passes from his own 18yard line? Always works best with a no nonsense tackling CH alongside a skilled passer such as Butcher with Roberts. Unless you had a player like Amoruso who could tackle hard, pass like Beckenbauer and shoot like Bobby Charlton - in his own mind anyway.:whistle::mutley:

Loved the big guy but some of these shots:confused:

3 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

So you would offer Bates 20k a week??

Its not about Alves' form it's about being able to negotiate your contract like any job with your CV.

Bates CV doesn't suggest that he should be getting a 100% pay rise

Where did the 20k come from? of course not, If 7k a week was what was required to secure Bates imo that would have been value for money.

It is all about Alves form ffs he is awful, fuck his cv look at the goods on the park. I know who I would rather have in the middle of the defense.

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

I really think the big man has it in his locker to develop into a top class defender, I think he might have been a touch hasty with his exit.

I'm regretting his exit! There's defo a player in there. Our best CD. However, I do think th club treated him shoddily when you consider that useless bastard Alves was on 10 times more and we couldn't come up 7.5k.

Also, we don't know if he would be in Stevie G's plans. I'd like to think he would have been and I think his development would have been immense under him.

Disappointing to see him go when we have such a dearth of talent. 

43 minutes ago, lewisrfc93 said:

Was great today. Cleared up everything and signed off his last game at ibrox with the winner and man of the match. Good luck to the big man, would have loved him to stay though.

My thoughts exactly mate . A defender who knows his limits and seems to enjoy defending , a breath of fresh air after some of the centre backs we've witnessed in a Rangers shirt in the past few years . Best of luck to the boy and I hope he does well in the future , however I would like to think that our DoF has already identified the centre half position as a priority for next season and the boy won't be missed .

46 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Alves is on more and I’m pretty sure he’s completed less games than Bates

David Bates has played 1004 minutes of league football this season.  That's just over 11 games. 

Bruno Alves has played 1496 minutes of league football this season.  That's about 16 and half games.  

28 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Where did the 20k come from? of course not, If 7k a week was what was required to secure Bates imo that would have been value for money.

It is all about Alves form ffs he is awful, fuck his cv look at the goods on the park. I know who I would rather have in the middle of the defense.

You clearly don't understand how contract negotiations work.

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

David Bates has played 1004 minutes of league football this season.  That's just over 11 games. 

Bruno Alves has played 1496 minutes of league football this season.  That's about 16 and half games.  

And I don't think there's any doubt who has been the most effective ! 

10 minutes ago, Smile said:

Better than some of the shite who we extended contracts too, even giving Morelos a bump in wages was a mistake he couldn't give a fuck now.

Im done with morelos. Stropey wee cunt who doesn't give even effort 90% of the time. Can't remember his last goal either its been that long. Would take 3 million for him now.

6 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

You clearly don't understand how contract negotiations work.

Obviously I am as thick as fuck, give big money to useless cunts and get rid of guys doing twice the job for a third of the money, what a great idea, I hope you do not work in finance.