Barisic signs

RangersMedia

52 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Heart & Hand said yesterday he was on our list well before we were drawn against Osijek but we expected we'd have to pay more than double what we did to get him. That's why the deal was done so quickly. 

The boy was obviously mega keen to come

Barisic has skill and technical ability and is a leader who plays while injured.

It's one thing having such abilities but you know you've got a player when he can do it, as he did last week, in front of 50,000 of the most intimidating fans in the world.

Nice to know he wont be hiding at the Paedodome.

Great signing!

On 08/08/2018 at 10:11, BlueThunder said:

Listen, i’m not having a go at him. All I’m saying is he wasn’t quite as attack minded as my memory suggested (both legs watched on tv, then rewatched today) and I was surprised how little he tackled (or needed to) over the two legs. His positioning was usually very good I have to say.

I think he looks like he could be an excellent signing for us.

Due to lack of time I've just managed to again watch the first leg, BT, and Your assessment of Barišić is a fair one. Everything changes when you watch a second time and what struck me is that Barišić didn't play in what we would term a typical left back position, as he seemed to play more like a mix of Wing back-quasi left back in front of a back three, depending on the passage of play. He only made a couple of "tackles/interceptions" but floated around the defensive area covering spaces that were popping up. It will be interesting to see our formation with him and Tavernier in the side.

On 08/08/2018 at 09:03, terminator said:

Barisic has skill and technical ability and is a leader who plays while injured.

It's one thing having such abilities but you know you've got a player when he can do it, as he did last week, in front of 50,000 of the most intimidating fans in the world.

Nice to know he wont be hiding at the Paedodome.

Great signing!

Who was that?