Mark Allen

When you look at the deadwood already moved on against the quality of player already signed you have to give the management team top marks so far. Just those other couple of  signings and some classy performances by the team and its almost back on track.Happy to believe allen has played his part in this so far.

9 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Exactly, I just made this thread to say I'm glad that he's seemingly proved me wrong and I appreciate him for that.

It certainly wasn't made for petty shite-slinging.

Wasn't meaning you mate:tu:

Your thoughts pretty much echo my own but up to now I am still cautious and will reserve my glowing endorsements of his achievements until we see how this season pans out.

35 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

I get the feeling this thread is based on the latest signing today .

Don't think Allen can get much credit for that. the player was in full view of everybody .

That said he defo gets pass marks from me ,one or 2 poor signings under his tenure but on a whole the playing staff seem a huge upgrade from before he came in 

No praise.  Praise. No praise. Praise ?

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Nothing wrong with that - I'm speaking generally though across the board.

There's a black and white element to this forum sometimes, some people are far too extreme either way in their views and it often makes threads pish tbh.

I'm quietly optimistic for the season ahead.

2 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

There's a black and white element to this forum sometimes, some people are far too extreme either way in their views and it often makes threads pish tbh.

Aye they fuckin are, cunt.

Naw they fuckin aren't, wank.

6 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

What I hate is when an average/poor player has a good game or maybe two and all the threads go up like they are trying to create something positive to hold on to.

and I also hate when some more talented players (seen it with Mendes a lot) had a bad game and he was called everything under the sun when the shouty people forget that even the most talented of players have bad games and they forget what they can actually offer us when playing well.

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So no one would touch any of them for any money but they leave with a pay off and sign for someone the next day. 

Aye, usually because we've given them wages far above what they're actually worth and other clubs are unwilling to pay them that much.

4 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Aye, usually because we've given them wages far above what they're actually worth and other clubs are unwilling to pay them that much.

You would need to know what they are getting at their new club and what they were getting here before making that statement. 

Regardless of how well Barisic does, we have undergone a transformation in next to no time.

Foderingham, Hodson, Cardoso, Alves, Martin, Pena, Holt, Krancjar, Waghorn, Cummings, Herrera. Subs Wallace, Goss, Bates, Garner

A full team of dross gone (or going) and we now have :

McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Katic, Barisic, Flanagan, Jack, Coulibaly, Arfield, Candieas, Morelos. Subs Alnwick, Simpson (young CB from Bournemouth on his away by all accounts), Wallace, Dorrans, Rossiter, Murphy, Kent, Ejaria.

Night And fucking day.

Well done all concerned ?:UK:

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

What I hate is when an average/poor player has a good game or maybe two and all the threads go up like they are trying to create something positive to hold on to.

and I also hate when some more talented players (seen it with Mendes a lot) had a bad game and he was called everything under the sun when the shouty people forget that even the most talented of players have bad games and they forget what they can actually offer us when playing well.

I think that's true of Tavernier - he looked good in a team that was pish and now that the team has massively improved he's looking a lot weaker.

I suppose you could argue that Jack has improved due to the standard of player around him but I'll have to wait and see if he does it consistently.

If we sell Windass and get Lafferty/Another striker and a creative midfielder I'll be very pleased with our business this window.

15 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Clearly aimed at @ForeverAndEver don't fall out lads.

1 hour ago, big blue Fin said:

There should be some attempt to recoup money though, but so far none.

Unless of course Melbourne gave us anything for the useless big taig.

Well... them taking him off our hands means we arent forking out x,000 punds every week. Sometimes you need to bite the bullet and get people off the wage bill.