No Surrender Roy Carroll

Mols94

22 hours ago, Mols94 said:

Refusing to shake their hands after they bowed their heads during the National Anthem at the Irish Cup final last season

I remember some of the boxers who won gold for Northern Ireland at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow stood with their heads bowed during the anthem and refused to acknowledge the flag,weird scummy bastards.

2 hours ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

I remember some of the boxers who won gold for Northern Ireland at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow stood with their heads bowed during the anthem and refused to acknowledge the flag,weird scummy bastards.

It's not really weird mate, if they come from a Republican background it is expected. They are programmed to hate us.

On 26/08/2018 at 18:43, plumbGER said:

It's not really weird mate, if they come from a Republican background it is expected. They are programmed to hate us.

Is boxing all Ireland? If so, Ireland the country isn't in the Commonwealth, so how are they allowed entries? 

I realise we're talking about boxers based in Northern Ireland. 

2 minutes ago, East London Loyal said:

Is boxing all Ireland? If so, Ireland the country isn't in the Commonwealth, so how are they allowed entries? 

Think youd be better asking the guy who said it, I don't know.

3 hours ago, East London Loyal said:

When it comes to the Olympics it seems to be all Ireland but @bluedylan might be the man to answer your question.

5 hours ago, East London Loyal said:

Boxing comes under an All Ireland umbrella that is why boxers like Shankill Road guy Wayne McCullough represented Ireland at the Olympics as have many from Northern Ireland.Swimming Hockey Rugby and Gymanastics I believe have one governing body as well.

3 hours ago, bluedylan said:

Boxing comes under an All Ireland umbrella that is why boxers like Shankill Road guy Wayne McCullough represented Ireland at the Olympics as have many from Northern Ireland.Swimming Hockey Rugby and Gymanastics I believe have one governing body as well.

Explains the lack of respect when nationalists refuse to show respect.

I'm surprised there's aren't more separated sporting bodies, because, for a community that doesn't want to be lumped in with Irish unity, they seem happy enough being represented as one country in all sports other than football. Strange. 

13 minutes ago, East London Loyal said:

Explains the lack of respect when nationalists refuse to show respect.

I'm surprised there's aren't more separated sporting bodies, because, for a community that doesn't want to be lumped in with Irish unity, they seem happy enough being represented as one country in all sports other than football. Strange. 

The IFA was formed in Belfast and is one the oldest associations in the world that is why the FAI was set up ...those fuckers did not want to recognise anything in Northern Ireland.

11 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

The IFA was formed in Belfast and is one the oldest associations in the world that is why the FAI was set up ...those fuckers did not want to recognise anything in Northern Ireland.

I get that, but there should be more separation. 

All Ireland creates a vision of a united island and one country, which it most certainly isn't. 

2 minutes ago, East London Loyal said:

I get that, but there should be more separation. 

All Ireland creates a vision of a united island and one country, which it most certainly isn't. 

Yeah I am with you for example Irish Rugby team play in Dublin the Ulstermen in the team stand for the Soldiers Song but on one of the rare occasions Ireland played in Belfast no anthem was played! A know afew who stopped going after that but then again Rugby over here is mainly followed by middle class prods who have the backbones of jellyfish

On 26/08/2018 at 16:28, bluedylan said:

Boycotted the game yesterday as did the majority of linfield fans I am not given that club a penny ever again

Nonsense there were about 600 of us there! Less boycotted than went. Couple of supporters clubs boycotted but individual members from the clubs still attended 

On 30/08/2018 at 17:48, bluedylan said:

Yeah I am with you for example Irish Rugby team play in Dublin the Ulstermen in the team stand for the Soldiers Song but on one of the rare occasions Ireland played in Belfast no anthem was played! A know afew who stopped going after that but then again Rugby over here is mainly followed by middle class prods who have the backbones of jellyfish

I would have always cheered on Ireland rugby before they played at ravenhill, where they played no anthem. Now I cheer on any team who's playing against them. I actually got abuse on here for slating them too?.