Believe

BridgeIsBlue

46 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Screenshot_20180902-135613_FlashScores.thumb.jpg.2cb7d920ff6c3565e22116ac9cf21b88.jpg

34 games to claw back four points after having a very tough opening four games. 

People need to keep the heed. 

Positive words and we'll needed perspective.

After Thursday we were always going to sit in and counter and that has always been how we have had success against them in the past even back to Laudrup and Gazza we have always played well and hit them on the break.

But for a rush of blood from Tav who I thought got his defending spot on today, he squares that to Arfield we leave with a draw.

To a man today we stood up to be counted.

I saw enough today to say we are moving in the right direction. We have a spine to our team and we also have options on the bench and we have a management team who are getting 100% out of the players.

We're improving, still not at full strength and have already gone much further than any of us could've imagined in Europe but today was unacceptable and highlights we've still got a long way to go.  Gerrard will have to learn when to change things to influence the game and there are certain players who just can't handle these types of games like Tav and Ejaria.  Nothing against them as players for other games but these games require high concentration levels and quick thinking.

25 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Need a run of league wins between now and Christmas 

Dundee - home
St. Johnstone - home
Livi - away
Hearts - home
Hamilton - away
Betfred semi (instead of hibs away)
Killie - home
St. Mirren - away
Motherwell - home
Livi - home

If I'm not mistaken, that's all our games up to the start of December (not including the groups games obviously).

Surely to fuck we can go a really fucking decent run with those?

We have now seen the results of Gerrard's first transfer window; a better Rangers team. Gerrard  has now had a look at septic for himself and will know where we need to focus on in the next transfer window. We are still in the gelling together phase after 13 games so it will get better. I think the manager set us up to accommodate tired legs after being on the other side of Russian on Thursday. We need a deeper squad and a bit more quality but I am happy with where we are compared to last year and think we can give the league a real tilt this season. I believe we will get much better as the season go's on.

1 hour ago, Bronzy said:

Obviously that's not good, but on the other hand we've reached the Europa League group stages, something nobody expected.

There's a lot of negatives, but there's a lot of positives as well.

We too often lose to them and think that it's the end of the world we have made massive progress and whilst you can point to the League table and say we are 7th we have had a hard start and the game today came to quickly for us, Genuine progress has been made and we dust ourselves down and realise what this team has achieved so far.

Perspective and we will get them the next time.

15 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Dundee - home
St. Johnstone - home
Livi - away
Hearts - home
Hamilton - away
Betfred semi (instead of hibs away)
Killie - home
St. Mirren - away
Motherwell - home
Livi - home

If I'm not mistaken, that's all our games up to the start of December (not including the groups games obviously).

Surely to fuck we can go a really fucking decent run with those?

We want to win this league we have to win all those mate, and it’s more than possible if we just believe we are good enough. 

1 hour ago, Bruno's Manbun said:

How could we take the game to them when we couldn't even take the ball off them? 

Are you serious?

Surely taking the game to them means closing them down to win possession and attacking more. 

Then we have more of the ball, and they have less. 

Its how we should have started the game.

36 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We don't need to beat them to win the league. 

I can’t agree with that mate. They aren’t as good as they think they are and they’re absolutely beatable- but they won’t drop enough points for us to capitalise on. If we want to win this league we must take points from them, and until we do we won’t.