Europa League Winners

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You started a thread that’s nonsense, then get your knickers in a twist because it’s been pointed out that it’s nonsense. 

Grow a thicker skin mate. 

I’ll ask you a hypothetical, what is more important to you Euro success or winning our own league and stopping them doing 9 in a row for a second time never mind 10??? 

Ah, an acceptable hypothetical question (lots of likes guy)?... stopping them winning 9iar is massively important to me but European success (as mental as it sounds we almost did a few years back with a bang average team) would be be equally as satisfying. It’s a difficult choice for me, hence the pointless thread

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

Hearts 1st

Livingston 2nd

Rangers 3rd - Europa league winners and guaranteed to be in the champions league groups with at least £30m generated income. 

1817754943_tenor(1).gif.3fd8c35fa7655da432a9530a12426547.gif

That’ll do nicely. Do you think, despite progressing in the europa league, if we were looking like finishing third SG would keep his job??

6 minutes ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

Ah, an acceptable hypothetical question (lots of likes guy)?... stopping them winning 9iar is massively important to me but European success (as mental as it sounds we almost did a few years back with a bang average team) would be be equally as satisfying. It’s a difficult choice for me, hence the pointless thread

If you would even contemplate them doing 10 then there is no hope for you. 

Just now, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

That’ll do nicely. Do you think, despite progressing in the europa league, if we were looking like finishing third SG would keep his job??

If we were still in Europe near the end of the season and sitting 3rd, no way he's losing his job.

Yes, although the league is our main focus winning the Europa would be a lot more impressive and something i would feel really lucky too see. We have and all will again see us win league titles but only a lucky bunch born before 72' have seen us lift a major European trophy. 

Even if it weren't hypothetical...... winning the Europa league would be a far greater achievement than winning the league this year, we would have to play in 23 games to achieve this....fuck me that is some amount of games to play to win a cup.

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

Even if it weren't hypothetical...... winning the Europa league would be a far greater achievement than winning the league this year, we would have to play in 23 games to achieve this....fuck me that is some amount of games to play to win a cup.

Could argue we had to play 38 to qualify for the qualifiers too ? of 23 we only have 9 to qualify for!

56 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Obviously yes......we would be guaranteed £30million as we go straight into the group stages that would allow us to build a much stronger team to win the league the following season, winning the league is a must and sooner rather than later but we couldn't knock back guaranteed income that the champions league offers.

Depends who’s spending the £30m. You answered yes then say winning the league is a must,so what is it?

Yes. We’ve won one European trophy in our entire history and still was lyrical about the run to Manchester 10 years ago. Not to mention that we were never likely to win the league this year, so a 30 Million pound boost and increased profile going into next season would be more than welcome. Plus, would be some laugh to see Hearts win the league. 

30 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Yes. We’ve won one European trophy in our entire history and still was lyrical about the run to Manchester 10 years ago. Not to mention that we were never likely to win the league this year, so a 30 Million pound boost and increased profile going into next season would be more than welcome. Plus, would be some laugh to see Hearts win the league

Like fuck would it. It has to be us that ends the scum's run.