Scott Arfield Red Card!

Del

Just now, Del said:

The red card might not have cost us the game on Sunday but his absence hurt us big time tonight!

Another example of poor discipline preventing us from playing our strongest team and we drop points.

I am sick of it!

With him missing, we relied on Ejaria and Coulibaly. It's proof we don't have the strength in depth required to take this league. January is a golden opportunity to bring in the creative attacking midfielder we sorely need. One last dip into dodgy Dave's warchest, send Sadiq back and bring in someone like Solanke on loan and we might nick the league. Kent and barisic coming back in won't do any harm either.

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

STop blaming players that aren’t on the park 

Whilst I get the point you are trying to make, it doesn't make what I have said wrong...

I said that his absence hurt us tonight...do you not agree?

I also said its another example of poor discipline preventing us from playing our strongest team, again I don't know how you can disagree with that, as he would have almost certainly played tonight if he was available for selection.

Arfield cant be blamed for tonight performance but he is 100% to blame for not being available for selection.

6 minutes ago, simplythebestest said:

With him missing, we relied on Ejaria and Coulibaly. It's proof we don't have the strength in depth required to take this league. January is a golden opportunity to bring in the creative attacking midfielder we sorely need. One last dip into dodgy Dave's warchest, send Sadiq back and bring in someone like Solanke on loan and we might nick the league. Kent and barisic coming back in won't do any harm either.

Jack wasn't much better to be honest mate, but you are right about strength in depth...the only other options available tonight were to bring on Halliday or McCrorie and no harm to either of them, they are not the type to change a game!

A fit Graham Dorrans might have helped but I think we do need a quality number 10/attacking midfielder, one that isnt a winger!!

12 minutes ago, Del said:

The red card might not have cost us the game on Sunday but his absence hurt us big time tonight!

Another example of poor discipline preventing us from playing our strongest team and we drop points.

I am sick of it!

What's really hurting us is the one with the shit attitude and constantly getting reds, leaving us with ten men and constantly missing games as a consequence. Who was also shite tonight before it and appeared to be totally disinterested.

Start a fucking thread on that, as opposed to scapegoating someone who does burst a gut and made one fucking mistake.

Fucking unreal!

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

What's really hurting us is the one with the shit attitude and constantly getting reds, leaving us with ten men and constantly missing games as a consequence. Who was also shite tonight before it and appeared to be totally disinterested.

Start a fucking thread on that, as opposed to scapegoating someone who does burst a gut and made one fucking mistake.

Fucking unreal!

I dont disagree, but at the same time, we could have played for 900mins with 11 men, including Morelos, and not scored tonight.

The big difference was our poor midfield, which is why I highlighted Arfield's absence, although it wasn't just him, it was more the discipline of our team in general.

Lafferty got booked almost as soon as he came on for a daft challenge and then was lucky not to get sent off for arguing with the ref, Candeias has been unlucky recently but again is always liable to get booked for talking back to officials.

11 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Arfield wouldn't have done fuck all tonight. 

We had almost every single attacking player available on the park and had what, 3 or 4 shots that needed saving if you were lucky?

Against 10 men for a large section of the game as well ffs.

I dont agree with that.

He regularly makes runs in behind and looks like link up with Morelos/Lafferty, we had noone do that tonight, it was simply looking to cross it as our central midfielders/attacking midfielders, either sat at the half way line passing it from side to side, or stayed out wide trying to cross it!

We really missed someone in the hole tonight, that would carry the ball to the defenders, something that he has done really well in recent weeks in my opinion.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Rossiter and McCrorie must be terrible in training because we had two imposters playing ahead of them even without Arfield.

One is made of chocolate and the other is more of a defensive midfielder...who in my opinion isn't as good as Jack!

3 minutes ago, Del said:

I dont agree with that.

He regularly makes runs in behind and looks like link up with Morelos/Lafferty, we had noone do that tonight, it was simply looking to cross it as our central midfielders/attacking midfielders, either sat at the half way line passing it from side to side, or stayed out wide trying to cross it!

We really missed someone in the hole tonight, that would carry the ball to the defenders, something that he has done really well in recent weeks in my opinion.

We didn't miss him in the semi against aberdeen, or livi away, or killie at home did we? Those were all the exact same type of game as tonight was.

14 minutes ago, Del said:

I dont agree with that.

Futile chat but I agree, he’d have exploited the space when we were a man up. Not a doubt about it for me. I’m not sure why we didn’t appeal to have him available tbh. 

5 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

We didn't miss him in the semi against aberdeen, or livi away, or killie at home did we? Those were all the exact same type of game as tonight was.

Arfield didnt start in the semi final against Aberdeen as he was coming back from injury, but that was a weird game, we had no striker lol

Livi away was a dress rehersal for tonight, our style of play was wrong and our subs made it even worse, I remember at one point we had Barasic, Kent and Middleton all on the left hand side almost holding hands, playing high crosses in for Morelos! We should have learnt from that match but tonight shows we havent.

Kilmarnock at home was a freak result...watch the 2mins recap and look at who the player is in the hole, making the runs into the box i.e. exactly what we missed tonight...Scott Arfield...

1 minute ago, Del said:

Arfield didnt start in the semi final against Aberdeen as he was coming back from injury, but that was a weird game, we had no striker lol

Livi away was a dress rehersal for tonight, our style of play was wrong and our subs made it even worse, I remember at one point we had Barasic, Kent and Middleton all on the left hand side almost holding hands, playing high crosses in for Morelos! We should have learnt from that match but tonight shows we havent.

Kilmarnock at home was a freak result...watch the 2mins recap and look at who the player is in the hole, making the runs into the box i.e. exactly what we missed tonight...Scott Arfield..

You think Killie was a freak result? No chance :lol:

More results like Killie, Livi, the semi and tonight are ahead of us unless something chances asap or we bring in genuine quality for the midfield in January. 

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

STop blaming players that aren’t on the park 

He was a massive loss simples he is always on the penalty spot waiting for the ball his sending off was wreckless IMO even though he tried to pull his knees up we missed him tonight and is a lesson learned for him.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Morelos getting sent off cost us the game plus chopping and changing the team.

He was never scoring tonight we could have sent the damn busters in and we wouldn't have scored just a horrible game with a ref that would stop a blade a grass getting tackled.

The amount of posts I've seen  on here saying Arfield is shite I doubted anyone would miss him. It has taken until tonight for some to realise what he brings to the team 

Blaming him for indiscipline and tonight's result is poor though.

Maybe now his ball winning and breaking forward play will be more appreciated

7 hours ago, Del said:

I am sick of it!

Spot on.

As soon as Aberdeen scored it was game over.

We dont have a creative midfielder to grab the game by the scruff of the neck, dictate play and take the game to the opposition.

For all his close ball control Eejaria is still fat too ponderous. Middleton is young and understandably  inconsistent, Jack is effective rather than decisive and Coullibaly seems to have lost all confidence.

As soon as Arfield was sent off on Sunday I knew we’d struggle against a well drilled Aberdeen.

After their goal, they simply parked the bus.

Arfield ain’t a creative genius but he makes that team tick and provides the heartbeat if not the brains in the midfield. You realise what he brings to the team when he isn’t in it.

Of course it doesn’t help that our striker decided to skelp one of them in the face for no reason whatsoever.

5 hours ago, Band of Brothers said:

He was a massive loss simples he is always on the penalty spot waiting for the ball his sending off was wreckless IMO even though he tried to pull his knees up we missed him tonight and is a lesson learned for him.

No need for him to make the tackle. It was only going to end one way. It wasn’t as if the ball was bobbling around and up for grabs, it was clearly under the keepers control.

His sending off might not have specifically lost us the game tonight but it certainly affected how we set up the team. 

Just now, beararse said:

No need for him to make the tackle. It was only going to end one way. It wasn’t as if the ball was bobbling around and up for grabs, it was clearly under the keepers control.

His sending off might not have specifically lost us the game tonight but it certainly affected how we set up the team. 

It was one of those challenges he was committed to and certainly never went into hurt the keeper but I think he is really important for us.

i also thought grezda and candieas were tripping over each other on the right wing we really need that proper AM and Arfield has been doing well in his positioning imo.