Cousin to sign?

Saudibear

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it by your smilie that your happy with this signing Frankie. I havent seen the guy at all. Read a few opinions on here about him but I think most are judging him on his stats history rather than actually watching him.

Mate, I literally know hardly anything about his qualities...

However, I do have a few French guys in my lab (as well as a friend in Switzerland) who tell me he will be a decent signing. I'll trust their judgement initially IF the information above proves correct.

:)

Most of Walter's signings this time round seem to have proved the majority of people wrong in regard to being pre-judged. Let's hope this guy's the same.

Going over old ground I know, but why him over Naismith, who is tried and tested in Scotland with his whole career ahead of him? This boy is 30 isnt he?

Still wouldn't surprise me to see Naismith in the near future.

In Glasgow for signing talks and a medical tomorrow.

(Source - a guy I know who told everyone about Cuellar signing the previous night)

Tomorrow will mean too late for the champions league deadline which someone said closes tonight? As that right or wrong?

I knew that we needed someone to fill in considering Boydie and JCD are out of action for a wee while and the amount of game we are playing, but i really was thinking it was gonna be the wee man! i just feel like most fans on here about it. But am sure this guy will do good for our team and hopefully Naismith will arrive soon :pipehorse:

In Glasgow for signing talks and a medical tomorrow.

(Source - a guy I know who told everyone about Cuellar signing the previous night)

Tomorrow will mean too late for the champions league deadline which someone said closes tonight? As that right or wrong?

The deadline passes midnight on the 9th of august.

No hint in the papers at all. Frankly I am sceptical, would prefer Naismith, but who knows?

The Daily Rebel is carrying a story about Cousin signing for £750K...

Doesn't mention he's in Glasgow but as I say the fella supplying the info is usually accurate. :)

Id be happy about this, it would give us options up front .

So far Ive been impressed with LM operating in either flank defensively and doing a job up front when the need arose but i would like a target man alongside Boyd to help with the unattractive side that Boyd doesnt like getting involved in.

A Hateley/McCoist type partnership if you will, could really let Boydy off the leash.

If he joins I will welcome him, he gives us another option and thats what its all about.

Daily Record report today, doesn't sound like he's had a good time recently.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/footbal...-name_page.html

9 August 2007

£1.5 MILLION STRIKER DAN TO JOIN GERS TODAY

EXCLUSIVE

By James Traynor And Gary Ralston

FRENCH hitman Daniel Cousin jetted into Glasgow last night and is expected to become a Rangers player today.

The 30-year-old Lens star will cost £1.5million but sources in his home country insist the Ibrox club are getting him on the cheap.

Cousin, who has scored 38 goals in the last couple of seasons, is a powerful attacker in the mould of former Rangers hero Mark Hateley.

It's believed he passed a medical last night and that only minor details remain to be sorted out before he officially joins Walter Smith's squad.

Assuming there are no last-minute snags, he should be signed in time to play in the Champions League qualifying battles with Red Star Belgrade.

And Rangers supporters could get their first look at him in Saturday's home game against St Mirren.

The first signs that he might get the move he craves came when Lens agreed he would no longer have to play in their home matches.

Cousin has been given a torrid time by Lens fans and insists fears over his own safety sparked an unusual request to be used in away games only.

He went on as a substitute in Saturday's 1-0 loss at Bordeaux but was due to remain sidelined when Lens host PSG on Sunday night Rangers made their move.

Cousin's problems started last season when he netted just four times in 30 starts and the home crowd regularly booed him - on one occasion as he stepped up to take a penalty.

He claims crazed fans have tried to attack him at his home.

Cousin finally snapped during a goalless draw with Nice when he flashed a V-sign at supporters, forcing Lens to transfer-list him.

He later apologised but still feared he would be forced to walk the gauntlet of hate every time he played at the Stade Bollaert.

It was a difficult situation for coach Guy Roux. Frustrated by the hitman's lack of availability, he is happy to cash in on the Gabon international before the transfer window shuts at the end of this month.

Explaining his problems at Lens recently, Cousin said: "There are people who have come to my home several times trying to attack me in front of my family.

"One broke my car, another launched rocks at my windows.

I don't want to stay at Lens."

The striker added that if he was forced to stay, the first thing he would do was look for a new house.

He'll be doing that even quicker than expected now - but in a different country.

Guest therabbitt

not overly impressed with this potential signing, although i think that with the start Lee McCullloch has made, we should all keep our opinions on players open....

Daily Record report today, doesn't sound like he's had a good time recently.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/footbal...-name_page.html

9 August 2007

Cousin, who has scored 38 goals in the last couple of seasons,

Cousin's problems started last season when he netted just four times in 30 starts

I'm not sure they have their sums right