Are we approaching a settled team?

Keeper - McGregor

Defence - Tavernier Goldson Worrall Barisic

Midfield - Jack McRorie Arfield

Forward - Candeias Morelos Kent

As the title suggests, are we at last nearing our first choice starting eleven? Everyone (including me) will have their own opinions on the odd position here or there, but am thinking that only a fully fit Dorrans coming back in for McRorie might be Gerrard's only preference.

Add this to a very strong bench last night and we are looking good for the rest of the season - if daft arse can remain on the pitch and not be suspended.

I think when Kamara is fit then Mccrorie has a battle on his hands. I'd personally prefer Katic to Worrall too.

But yeah think this is the team for bigger games. At Ibrox, can see us going with Defoe and Morelos in games, particularly against bottom 6 teams.

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think when Kamara is fit then Mccrorie has a battle on his hands. I'd personally prefer Katic to Worrall too.

But yeah think this is the team for bigger games. At Ibrox, can see us going with Defoe and Morelos in games, particularly against bottom 6 teams.

Flat 4-4-2 at Ibrox against bottom 6 teams rather than the diamond, thought we looked a lot better once we went to that against St Mirren.

If Morelos and Defoe were somehow to form a partnership then I think Candias would be sacrificed, but ATM if Worrall can stick to the simple things then I would agree that this is our strongest 11 going forward, even though I prefer Katic, but it will still be horses for courses and injuries will happen and opportunities will arise for others to stake a claim, lovely problem to have.

2 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

If Morelos and Defoe were somehow to form a partnership then I think Candias would be sacrificed, but ATM if Worrall can stick to the simple things then I would agree that this is our strongest 11 going forward, even though I prefer Katic, but it will still be horses for courses and injuries will happen and opportunities will arise for others to stake a claim, lovely problem to have.

I prefer Katic to Worrall and it would be a shame to lose Candeias as his workrate has been pretty good recently.  He's had more better games than bad ones IMO. 

However,  I think Defoe and Morelos worked relatively well together in the game against St Mirren so perhaps more games together would improve their partnership.  

1 hour ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Flat 4-4-2 at Ibrox against bottom 6 teams rather than the diamond, thought we looked a lot better once we went to that against St Mirren.

No

disrespect every cunt with our strongest team and strongest formation every single game.  

It should always be about us and not who we are playing 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

No

disrespect every cunt with our strongest team and strongest formation every single game.  

There has to be some compromise when we play the weaker teams. We have a huge first team squad (enough for two good teams) and they will all need some game time at some point or another. From that 11 in the first post add Foderingham, Katic, Halliday, Middleton, Grezda, Dorrans, Murphy, Flanagan, Coulibaly, Davis, Defoe, Lafferty, McAuley and now Kamara and Polster - and even Lee Wallace!

That's a first team squad of 27. We can then add development squad players like Burt, Houston, Beerman, Atakayi, Kelly, Dallas etc who have made the breakthrough at times and we have a massive stable.

Out on loan we have Hardie, McRorie, Alnwick, Rossiter, Barjonas, Herrera, Dodoo, Holt, Hodson & Docherty. I'd imagine we are contributing to the wages of a few of those too?

1 hour ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Keeper - McGregor

As the title suggests, are we at last nearing our first choice starting eleven? Everyone (including me) will have their own opinions on the odd position here or there, but am thinking that only a fully fit Dorrans coming back in for McRorie might be Gerrard's only preference.

Add this to a very strong bench last night and we are looking good for the rest of the season - if daft arse can remain on the pitch and not be suspended.

Yes we are but when needed Davis,Katic and Defoe to come in.

some games won’t require McCrorie and jack so Davis will come in (albeit he’s not up to speed at the moment)

2 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Keeper - McGregor

Yeah , I would say this isn't far from it . Maybe Halliday for Barisic as a thought . But it was pleasing to have a strong bench last night with plenty of options .

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

No

We need to have a 2nd option tactically to turn to, 4-3-3 is our best formation without doubt but we are at times predictable and have struggled against teams who have parked the bus.

It is still all about us but the more options we can choose from the better for us.

3 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Keeper - McGregor

Yes, I think we are mate.

Others will have a huge part to play as we chase 55 but the team you have listed will be the key men as we battle it out for the league title.

The great thing is we now have strength in depth.... can't help but think we would would have beat Aberdeen in that cup semi if we had Defoe and Davis in our ranks..... we would probably have more league points too but it is what it is and we go on with what we've got.

13 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

St Mirren were fucking shite though and are going straight down.

I haven't read the rest of thread yet so this may have already been covered....

Regardless of whether they're effing poop or not,  doesn't change the players ability to form a partnership through more game time and these are the particular games that they want to take advantage of to give them the chance to improve building up to the relatively stronger teams.  

We don't exactly have the luxury of more games at present - considering we are nearly coming to end of season come April(only 8 domestic games left I think not including the cup games)so this helps in meantime,  I would imagine. That's even if Morelos stays for next season.  We also need to improve Defoe fitness.  

I'll trundle myself back to the kitchen now.