Gerrard, we have made progress

backup

I've not been his biggest fan since Christmas, seems to have run out of ideas - although this lacklustre sqaud have been the main problem. Let him offload a lot of the deadwood and allow him another couple of transfer windows - that said if we are in the same points gap this time next year, he has to walk on.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Has he learned anything this season? Doesnt look like it

He can only piss with the cock he’s got. What could he have done differently today? It was Worrall’s pointless free kick that led to their first goal and Tav’s lazy defending that cost us the second, what the fuck can Gerrard do about that? 

20 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You're missing the point, singular results mean nothing, in helicopter sunday and walters last season we lost more OF games than won, and still won the league, people are banging on about progress because the tarriers arent putting 5 past us, yet they are ignoring the fact we are worse off domestically than at this point last season, and our team was worsr last season 

You brought Dick Advocaat into the equation so how much did he get to spend in his first season compared to Gerrard? 

19 minutes ago, King Jela said:

He can only piss with the cock he’s got. What could he have done differently today? It was Worrall’s pointless free kick that led to their first goal and Tav’s lazy defending that cost us the second, what the fuck can Gerrard do about that? 

Two players who have made numerous mistakes this season and have shown at times they arent good enough, worrall especially after the killie away game

Yet they play 90mins every game, theres a gerrard mistake right there

18 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

You brought Dick Advocaat into the equation so how much did he get to spend in his first season compared to Gerrard? 

Again point missed, i simply used wee dick getting pumped 5-1 as a means to show that singular results mean nothing, tarriers pumped us by 5 last season, this season they havebt, yet here we are still out of all competitions, league pretty much done, and april hasnt started yet

Progress isnt defined over results against one team, its the full season, and domestically we are worse now than we were this time last season 

20 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Again point missed, i simply used wee dick getting pumped 5-1 as a means to show that singular results mean nothing, tarriers pumped us by 5 last season, this season they havebt, yet here we are still out of all competitions, league pretty much done, and april hasnt started yet

Progress isnt defined over results against one team, its the full season, and domestically we are worse now than we were this time last season 

So if we finish 2nd this season there's been no progress despite us coming in 3rd last term? 

1 hour ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I've not been his biggest fan since Christmas, seems to have run out of ideas - although this lacklustre sqaud have been the main problem. Let him offload a lot of the deadwood and allow him another couple of transfer windows - that said if we are in the same points gap this time next year, he has to walk on.

The deadwood is mostly his signings now, do you trust him to not buy anymore deadwood? 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The deadwood is mostly his signings now, do you trust him to not buy anymore deadwood? 

So what do you recommend Jim ,sack Gerrard and replace him with who, it is the easiest thing in the world to criticise give me your man to take us forward.

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Not if we finish with less points, relying on teams being worse instead of us being better isnt progress, its luck

So every season you have to have more points than the last in order for progress to have been made? So if we win the league next year with 83 points, but then finish second the following year on 87 it's alright because 'we've made progress'?

Any cunt who can't see there has been an improvement since Warburton/Murty/Pedro/Murty is fucking clueless.

Also, 'progress' doesn't mean finished article. 

10 minutes ago, pcbear said:

So what do you recommend Jim ,sack Gerrard and replace him with who, it is the easiest thing in the world to criticise give me your man to take us forward.

Ive never said sack gerrard, i just think his name and soundbites get him so much leeway compared to other managers, domestically we are worse off than last year, having spent more money, thats not progress

7 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

So every season you have to have more points than the last in order for progress to have been made? So if we win the league next year with 83 points, but then finish second the following year on 87 it's alright because 'we've made progress'?

Any cunt who can't see there has been an improvement since Warburton/Murty/Pedro/Murty is fucking clueless.

Also, 'progress' doesn't mean finished article. 

So if we finish with less points than last season, can we say that pedro and murty were successful as well? 

The hard facts are that at this point last season we were still in the scottish cup, had more points in the league, and spent less money, theres no ifs or buts there, gerrard has less points than pedro/murty got and didnt get as far in the domestic cups

9 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Ive never said sack gerrard, i just think his name and soundbites get him so much leeway compared to other managers, domestically we are worse off than last year, having spent more money, thats not progress

how are we worse off? because we are further behind them?

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

So if we finish with less points than last season, can we say that pedro and murty were successful as well? 

The hard facts are that at this point last season we were still in the scottish cup, had more points in the league, and spent less money, theres no ifs or buts there, gerrard has less points than pedro/murty got and didnt get as far in the domestic cups

Did I point out the flaw in your logic re: points or not because I'm pretty sure to fuck I did?

We've lost, what, one game all season by more than a single goal? There's the European run, we're a clear second in the league, we haven't been outplayed by any cunts domestically this season and, bar the scum games, the games we've lost or drawn have been with us having all the pressure and not being able to break teams down rather than being opened like a tin of beans like under the previous managers. Some of the football we've played at times has been the best football we've seen at the club in years.

Today would have been a four or five nil under the previous 3 in the dugout. We're a good way away from where we need to be but there has been clear fucking progress and I stand by the comment that anyone who thinks there hasn't is clueless.

we are a point better off, we have closed the gap in the old firm games from 5-0's to 2-1 or 1-0 victories, we have won our first league game against them for gods know how long, we have cemented 2nd place (last year at this time we were level on points having played 1 more than the sheep), we had a very decent euro run.

i realise people will look at that and say "aye but we are Rangers" etc etc, but the progress is there to see for those who wish to see it. if they dont, they wont.

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

So if we finish 2nd this season there's been no progress despite us coming in 3rd last term? 

Tbh winning nothing is failure 

Unless Rangers win trophies .Progress is meaningless for me 

It's splitting hairs which season is worse .Last or this 

They are both abject failure 

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Two players who have made numerous mistakes this season and have shown at times they arent good enough, worrall especially after the killie away game

Yet they play 90mins every game, theres a gerrard mistake right there

Who does he play instead? Flanagan instead of Tav? Katic maybe instead of Worrall or who else, McAuley? Hes had one transfer window with money to bring in more quality depth. 

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

we are a point better off, we have closed the gap in the old firm games from 5-0's to 2-1 or 1-0 victories, we have won our first league game against them for gods know how long, we have cemented 2nd place (last year at this time we were level on points having played 1 more than the sheep), we had a very decent euro run.

i realise people will look at that and say "aye but we are Rangers" etc etc, but the progress is there to see for those who wish to see it. if they dont, they wont.

Until second is confirmed it absolutely is not guaranteed. 

6 hours ago, cushynumber said:

how are we worse off? because we are further behind them?

Well thats a start yeah, the scottish as well we got further last season 

Put it another way, from games against the top 6 this season we have 18 points from a possible 42, thats a point every 2.33 games, so 6 games against the top 6 to go, if we continue that form and even say we beat motherwell away on sunday (highly unlikely given our form) we'll end the season on way less points than pedro/murty/nichol got us last time around 

We are struggling to make 2nd place this season, make no mistake, for the spend last summer thats criminal

6 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Did I point out the flaw in your logic re: points or not because I'm pretty sure to fuck I did?

We've lost, what, one game all season by more than a single goal? There's the European run, we're a clear second in the league, we haven't been outplayed by any cunts domestically this season and, bar the scum games, the games we've lost or drawn have been with us having all the pressure and not being able to break teams down rather than being opened like a tin of beans like under the previous managers. Some of the football we've played at times has been the best football we've seen at the club in years.

Today would have been a four or five nil under the previous 3 in the dugout. We're a good way away from where we need to be but there has been clear fucking progress and I stand by the comment that anyone who thinks there hasn't is clueless.

The reason it wasnt 4 today is because the tarriers missed the chances, if it was 4 at HT no one would have complained, once again we went to parkhead and shat the bed until the pressure was off

When was the last big game gerrard won? 

4 hours ago, King Jela said:

Until second is confirmed it absolutely is not guaranteed. 

Given our record against Hibs, Kilmarnock, Aberdeen, and celtic thus far, I absolutely agree.  We could find points very hard to come by after the split.  If Morelos and Kent get 3 games bans then it becomes even more difficult.  

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Well thats a start yeah, the scottish as well we got further last season 

Put it another way, from games against the top 6 this season we have 18 points from a possible 42, thats a point every 2.33 games, so 6 games against the top 6 to go, if we continue that form and even say we beat motherwell away on sunday (highly unlikely given our form) we'll end the season on way less points than pedro/murty/nichol got us last time around 

We are struggling to make 2nd place this season, make no mistake, for the spend last summer thats criminal

We're 10 points away from reaching our total from last season with 7 games to go, so unless we lose every single one of them we won't be finishing on WAY LESS points, that would surely suggest a deficit of 10 - 15 no? 

6 points ahead of Killie, wouldn't exactly say we're struggling to seal 2nd tbh. 

We are exactly where we should be. 

Archived