Gerrard, we have made progress

backup

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

Well yes it is an improvement.  It's the closest we have came to winning a game at their shitehole in years.

It's not massive progress, but it's there to see.

We have only been beaten by more than 1 goal once all season, that's progress wheter you want to admit it or not.

Apart from, drawing 0-0 at parkhead last year? Or 1-1 the previous year, 

And you do realise we could lose every game 1-0 and its not progress, 

This stage last season we had two more points and a scottish cup semi final to play, fast forward a year, a lot of expenditure, and we call that progress? Its nowhere near good enough, once again we showed up at parkhead and shit the bed until there was no pressure, utterly brutal first half

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Apart from, drawing 0-0 at parkhead last year? Or 1-1 the previous year, 

And you do realise we could lose every game 1-0 and its not progress, 

This stage last season we had two more points and a scottish cup semi final to play, fast forward a year, a lot of expenditure, and we call that progress? Its nowhere near good enough, once again we showed up at parkhead and shit the bed until there was no pressure, utterly brutal first half

I don't think in either of those games we really looked like we could win it.

We haven't lost every game 1-0 so that's a moot point.

I believe we have made progress this year, you don't.  I doubt that is going to change.

Just now, magic8ball said:

Could it not be that we have improved defensively as a unit .

Individual errors cost us today .we were not cut open and dragged all over the place like on a number of occasions in recent seasons 

We were cut open today, the tarriers werent as clinical as before, they still created the chances though, 

Just now, gogzy said:

Tav had an amazing chance and Morelos had an even better chance that he fucked wide. Not including the unreal reactionary save from Gordon to keep another Morelos chance out. We "should've" won that day easily.

Gerrard has one hand tied behind his back because of what funds he is given to spend on players in comparison to what the scum have spent these past years.  

With one or two better players in January, especially with a leader, I believe next season will see us back up there

5 minutes ago, gogzy said:

We haven't lost every game 1-0 so that's a moot point.

I believe we have made progress this year, you don't.  I doubt that is going to change.

The 0-0 draw we played them off the park in the 2nd half, we kept a clean sheet with a defence of declan john, David bates, Danny wilson and james tavernier, with fod in goals, 

4 minutes ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

Gerrard has one hand tied behind his back because of what funds he is given to spend on players in comparison to what the scum have spent these past years.  

With one or two better players in January, especially with a leader, I believe next season will see us back up there

The same financial defence wasnt used for previous managers, gerrard has spent more than the last two managers combined, 

Last season we finished with 70 points.  Right now we have 60 points with 7 games left to play.  Given our poor record against top six teams this season I think we'll finish around the same points mark. 

The biggest difference seems to be defensively (although you wouldn't think that reading this forum).  Last season we conceded 50 league goals but this year we've conceded 24 so that's a considerable improvement.  

A few quality additions throughout the team I do think we'll reach the 80 point mark next season.  We need a quality CB to replace Worrall and more quality going forward particularly a number 10.  

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The same financial defence wasnt used for previous managers, gerrard has spent more than the last two managers combined, 

Maybe so, but as a manager he is far better than the last 2 combined.  For example look at the difference in Morelos and Tav (yes, I know they both fucked up today - I'm talking generally) between this season and last.  

And while every Rangers manager to date has spent money on shite, what makes a great manager is finding the player or players that can make a difference, players that  get fans out of their seats.  Something I think Gerrard will do (hopefully) in the summer.  

And considering the past few years - the charlatans in the boardroom, those not good enough in the dug out, we are virtually starting (again) from scratch - I think progress is definitely there

8 minutes ago, TMB said:

Last season we finished with 70 points.  Right now we have 60 points with 7 games left to play.  Given our poor record against top six teams this season I think we'll finish around the same points mark. 

The biggest difference seems to be defensively (although you wouldn't think that reading this forum).  Last season we conceded 50 league goals but this year we've conceded 24 so that's a considerable improvement.  

A few quality additions throughout the team I do think we'll reach the 80 point mark next season.  We need a quality CB to replace Worrall and more quality going forward particularly a number 10.  

So if we have only conceded half the goals we did last season, why are we two points worse off

Id rather concede 100 goals but score 200 fact is we are in a worsr position domestically now than we were at this time last season, there's no argument in that, we are

1 minute ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

Maybe so, but as a manager he is far better than the last 2 combined.  For example look at the difference in Morelos and Tav (yes, I know they both fucked up today - I'm talking generally) between this season and last.  

And while every Rangers manager to date has spent money on shite, what makes a great manager is finding the player or players that can make a difference, players that  get fans out of their seats.  Something I think Gerrard will do (hopefully) in the summer.  

And considering the past few years - the charlatans in the boardroom, those not good enough in the dug out, we are virtually starting (again) from scratch - I think progress is definitely there

In what way is he better than the previous 2, given we are worse off domestically after spending so much last summer

It depends on how you look at it.

Three games against them this season. One win, lost two and both of those by a single goal- and it should never have been a loss at all today really.

Last season we were getting routinely gunned by four or five goals. That’s progress to me. 

Our problem isn’t that we are any worse than them- it’s that we can’t show it consistently enough.

4 minutes ago, Bydo said:

It depends on how you look at it.

Three games against them this season. One win, lost two and both of those by a single goal- and it should never have been a loss at all today really.

Last season we were getting routinely gunned by four or five goals. That’s progress to me. 

Our problem isn’t that we are any worse than them- it’s that we can’t show it consistently enough.

Last season we were routinely gunned by them, except the 0-0 at their shitehole and the ibrox 3-2

1 minute ago, Bydo said:

Depends on how you look at it.

Three games against them this season. Lost two and both of those by a single goal- and it should never have been a loss at all really.

Our problem isn’t that we are any worse than them- it’s that we can’t show it conscientiously enough.

And that's the small club mentality that alot of our fanbase seem to have picked up over the last few years

End of the day a defeat to them (or anybody for that matter) is still a defeat. Aye we played better 2nd half but even before we went down to 10 men we could've easily been 3 down, we were shockingly bad first half, the taigs coming off the gas let us back into the game.

We're now sitting on the last day of March with potientially 3 suspensions for the rest of the season, out of the remaining cup and 13 points behind the taigs, we're a damn sight worse than them & any fan who can't see that is fucking blind

11 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

And that's the small club mentality that alot of our fanbase seem to have picked up over the last few years

End of the day a defeat to them (or anybody for that matter) is still a defeat. Aye we played better 2nd half but even before we went down to 10 men we could've easily been 3 down, we were shockingly bad first half, the taigs coming off the gas let us back into the game.

We're now sitting on the last day of March with potientially 3 suspensions for the rest of the season, out of the remaining cup and 13 points behind the taigs, we're a damn sight worse than them & any fan who can't see that is fucking blind

And with Killie only 6 behind😞

Just now, LiverpoolBlue said:

Because we, most of us I mean, feel a confidence we didn't have last year.  

Why? Cause of the gerrard name? Tbh i dont feel confident going into any game given how shite we have been against the top 6, the split has the potential to be a disaster for us 

Just now, Ivybank said:

And with Killie only 6 behind😞

Personally I don't see us getting caught but given our form I wouldn't be overly surprised & if we do Gerrard won't be here next season.

Going into Wednesday night with Defoe isolated upfront with Candeias 1 side & Grezda the other against Hearts isn't a good start anyway, really wouldn't be surprised if they beat us

29 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So if we have only conceded half the goals we did last season, why are we two points worse off

Id rather concede 100 goals but score 200 fact is we are in a worsr position domestically now than we were at this time last season, there's no argument in that, we are

It’s weird that we’ve been so much better defensively yet that hasn’t translated in to more points.  We’re roughly scoring the same amount of goals.

9 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Personally I don't see us getting caught but given our form I wouldn't be overly surprised & if we do Gerrard won't be here next season.

Going into Wednesday night with Defoe isolated upfront with Candeias 1 side & Grezda the other against Hearts isn't a good start anyway, really wouldn't be surprised if they beat us

Why are you constantly banging out about Gerrard leaving? It's like you're desperate for it to happen :lol:

45 minutes ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

If he has one hand tied behind his back what does the like of the sheep, hibs and killie have? Head to head with the scum we are 3 points behind them but in actual fact its 13 points in the league so we have lost 10 more points against the rest.

Hibs have spent about 600k on transfers in the last 3 years yet we still have not beaten them this year?

How many millions has Gerrard been given not only in the transfer market but in extra wages but we are where we are

Not disputing there has been progress but getting sick of the calls that we need 4 or 5 players for 3-5 million to complete in the SPL.

He has signed 19 players since the summer yet only 5 made the starting lineup today.

With him signing Davis and Defoe in the January window I dont know if I trust his judgement if he is given more money in the summer.

Just now, TMB said:

It’s weird that we’ve been so much better defensively yet that hasn’t translated in to more points.  We’re roughly scoring the same amount of goals.

Because scudding motherwell for 7 at ibrox, Hamilton for 4 etc means fuck all when we've only scored something like 16 goals against the rest of the top 6,

Archived