Dave King Statement

BeargerNo.1

9 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

You asked if I was unhappy with the transfer windows?

Didn't realise you were wanting the opinion of majority thoughts. Whether they were or weren't is irrelevant to what you asked me.

Defoe - I was on the fence due to his past as a player anyway, but I wasn't enamoured with Davis and I'm still not. 

So yes, is still the answer to your original question to me. 

And that's fair enough if you were disappointed by our signings both in the summer and winter (at the time). But I genuinely think that was the minority view. With the benefit of hindsight, we absolutely could have invested the money better.

10 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Meh. They all have their own versions of guff that are relevant to them and their expectations.

Maybe King should just tell us the truth then, we are where we are and we won’t be getting any better anytime soon. We might have the occasional great year where we win a league title but it will only be maybe 1 in every 4/5 years. While the scum march past our world record league titles and we just become another club in scottish football. 

Because as things are going after 3 years that’s what it’s starting to look and feel like. 

10 minutes ago, backup said:

The South Africa-based businessman, who revealed he’s made more than £30million available to Rangers since 2015, has already been asked to guarantee against losses of up to £7m next season before the SFA agreed to grant the Light Blues a licence to play.

this is from a good while back?

54 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

It can’t go tits up this season.

Everyone needs to know that, from Gerrard downwards. If it adds more pressure, then great, that’s what Rangers is about. 

I don't think it will go tits up personally, I do think if we get 3 or 4 quality players in the right positions then we wont be far away. Of course I cant know this but that's what I prefer to think. It will be an important season and that's for sure but if it doesn't work out then what can you do? It might be heresy to say it on here but if we fail to stop 10 in a row then Rangers aren't suddenly going to stop existing and we will still be supporters. That's not being defeatist, I really hope we stop 10, but outside of Scotland no one will even register the fact that it happened. 

2 minutes ago, backup said:

Nah, he is on Red and White Kop Liverpool FC Forum at the moment !

I was thinking there would be no way on earth he would ever read anything on this or any Rangers forum, but then again, 1 of his best friends and confidantes is a long term member and poster on this very forum. Perhaps BA could advise 'Dave' of this thread and enlighten us with his response?

2 minutes ago, backup said:

So, where is and how does this £30 million accrue....simple answer it is bollox 🧙‍♂️

its the same smoke and mirrors when he says all the money goes into the first team....aye it does in salary etc not in 20m transfer kitty

1 minute ago, CoopsLaud said:

I was thinking there would be no way on earth he would ever read anything on this or any Rangers forum, but then again, 1 of his best friends and confidantes is a long term member and poster on this very forum. Perhaps BA could advise 'Dave' of this thread and enlighten us with his response?

😱😂

The team has improved and the squad is 2 or 3 decent players short of turning those draws that have proved so costly into wins IMO.

It's blatantly obvious King and the board the don't have a bottomless pit of money but for me they are clearly men with the club at heart and rather than slaughtering them we should be grateful for the time and money they have put into the club.

Just now, Real Ranger said:

The team has improved and the squad is 2 or 3 decent players short of turning those draws that have proved so costly into wins IMO.

It's blatantly obvious King and the board the don't have a bottomless pit of money but for me they are clearly men with the club at heart and rather than slaughtering them we should be grateful for the time and money they have put into the club.

I just think you're trolling us now. good one.

3 minutes ago, backup said:

You are seriously having a giraffe !

They wont. For instance bate Borisov are about to win their  14th title in a row . Did you know that? And now that you do, do you care? No,if youre honest. And that's how much the rest of the world will care if they do 10. It means fuck all really. It will hurt at the time but we will move on.

1 minute ago, Real Ranger said:

We all have the club at heart doesn’t mean we would be any good at running it. 

Can we agree that this is the current chairman’s last throw of the dice. 

No league title he has to step aside and let someone else take the reigns. 

1 minute ago, MurrayWilson said:

They wont. For instance bate Borisov are about to win their  14th title in a row . Did you know that? And now that you do, do you care? No,if youre honest. And that's how much the rest of the world will care if they do 10. It means fuck all really. It will hurt at the time but we will move on.

Away take a huge fuck to yourself, you’ve got to be fishing  

It will hurt for a time but we will move on, 😂thats comedy gold mate. 

Will you be telling us next when they go past us in league titles won, that will just be a moment of hurt as well 😂

Brilliant mate. 👍

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Away take a huge fuck to yourself, you’ve got to be fishing  

It will hurt for a time but we will move on, 😂thats comedy gold mate. 

Will you be telling us next when they go past us in league titles won, that will just be a moment of hurt as well 😂

Brilliant mate. 👍

I really hope it doesn't happen, but for me that's what I will do. I will be gutted but the following season I will be back watching my team. I don't really know what other way you would deal with it to be honest.

Just now, MurrayWilson said:

I really hope it doesn't happen, but for me that's what I will do. I will be gutted but the following season I will be back watching my team. I don't really know what other way you would deal with it to be honest.

A lot of taigs will be getting their teeth knocked back their throats for a start. Because everytime they try and rub it in to my face that will be the response  

How you can say them doing 10 in a row (even tainted) is just another thing I honestly can’t comprehend. . 

14 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

You're at it!

I wouldn't even insult a 5 year old with that drivel.