*** The Official Kilmarnock v Rangers Match Thread ***

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Can bet your bottom dollar if we scrape a last minute winner there'll be disorder on here. 

Could win 5-0, and there would be folk complaining that it wasn’t 6. And that it was Barasic’s fault. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sub Genius said:

I know it won’t be popular with the Alfie fan club, but I’d start as we finished last season with Arfield playing off Defoe and Jones in Kent’s role on the left with a midfield three of Davis, Kamara and Aribo behind them.

Shut up.

12 times we scored v killie last season. Alfie got ten of those 

8 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Disagree.

To an extent it doesn’t matter what they did, and St Johnstone at home vs Killie away is apples and oranges. 

3 points is all that matters. Doesn’t matter is it goes in off someone’s arse in the 94th minute. We need to break the Killie hoodoo, and keep pace with the filth.

Nice to score 7....but 1-0 does the job!

3 points are all that matters in this league!

1 hour ago, SPWF said:

Why would any Rangers fan not be in “the Alfie fan club”, as you call it? He’s our top scorer, one of our most important players and our most valuable asset. 

I honestly despise half the cunts in our support :lol:

Who said I wasn’t?

19 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

You mean the Defoe / Arfield combo that drew a blank against Progres on Thurs?

Morelos is our top scorer, best player and batters goals in against Killie left right and centre last season. He should and will start. 

I’ve already said I think there’s a pretty good chance Morelos will start today, but personally I think we saw the best of Arfield when he linked up with Defoe at the end of last season.

I’m not sure Morelos and Defoe have the same understanding.

18 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Shut up.

12 times we scored v killie last season. Alfie got ten of those 

Which is why I think he’ll probably start today, but . . . we failed to record a single league win against them last season despite his goals.

He might guarantee goals, but it doesn’t necessarily follow that he guarantees wins.

As said before, the most coherent and assured we looked as a team last season was when he was out and Defoe and Arfield linked up superbly.

1 minute ago, Sub Genius said:

Which is why I think he’ll probably start today, but . . . we failed to record a single league win against them last season despite his goals.

He might guarantee goals, but it doesn’t necessarily follow that he guarantees wins.

As said before, the most coherent and assured we looked as a team last season was when he was out and Defoe and Arfield linked up superbly.

The fact that we scored 10+ goals vs them last season and only managed 1 win in the cup says more about the mentality and/or the rest of the teams play more than anything 

2 minutes ago, Sub Genius said:

Like Thursday night?

You mean when the league was already over? 

The most assured we looked as a team last season was when there was fuck all to play for, that's why we won most of those games, there was no pressure, wasn't a case of we found the perfect formation/players and that's what we should stick with. 

A 23 year old Morelos needs to be starting every single game he is available ahead of a 36 year old Defoe who is here on loan

2 minutes ago, SPWF said:

If you don’t realise that that phrasing insinuates that you aren’t in the “Alfie fan club”, then this is a pointless discussion.  

Nonsense.

The Alfie fan club I was referring to are those supporters who can’t see past him, despite the fact it can be argued we looked better as a team when he was absent at the tail end of last season.

It doesn’t mean I’m not a fan of his - it’s preposterous that any Rangers supporter wouldn’t be - but the manager started Defoe ahead of him on Thursday night so I’m clearly not alone in believing that he’s not as guaranteed a start as some - the Alfie Fan Club - believe.

6 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

The fact that we scored 10+ goals vs them last season and only managed 1 win in the cup says more about the mentality and/or the rest of the teams play more than anything 

If you offered me a minimum of ten goals against each team in the league, I’d sign for that right now. We were top scorers last season. That was not our problem.

Just now, Colin Traive said:

If you offered me a minimum of tens goals against each team in the league, I’d sign for that right now. We were top scorers last season. That was not our problem.

Yep that was pretty much my point and that Morelos should be starting as he is not our problem at all

8 minutes ago, Sub Genius said:

Yes,Those goals were the reason we didn’t win those games last season..

Nonsense.

The Alfie fan club I was referring to are those supporters who can’t see past him, despite the fact it can be argued we looked better as a team when he was absent at the tail end of last season.

It doesn’t mean I’m not a fan of his - it’s preposterous that any Rangers supporter wouldn’t be - but the manager started Defoe ahead of him on Thursday night so I’m clearly not alone in believing that he’s not as guaranteed a start as some - the Alfie Fan Club - believe.

Quality mental gymnastics there. Unfortunately you’ve still came across as someone with the mental capacity of a punch drunk stroke victim. 

Signed: President of The Alfie Fan Club. 

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

You mean when the league was already over? 

Sure the league was effectively gone but Aberdeen still had the chance to pip us for second place and Hibs, Hearts and Kilmarnock were all vying for a European spot and games against the Beasts are never meaningless.

The idea that no one bothered their arse against us is just nonsense.

1 minute ago, SPWF said:

Quality mental gymnastics there. Unfortunately you’ve still came across as someone with the mental capacity of a punch drunk stroke victim. 

Signed: President of The Alfie Fan Club. 

Come across, dear boy.

Signed: Chief of the Grammar Police.

Archived