*** The Official Kilmarnock v Rangers Match Thread ***

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, left winger said:

It’s a new pitch, isn’t it?

It's not about the actual pitch surface, mate! It's more to do with knowing what the individual opponents are strong/weak at in their game, plus the knowledge of their surroundings in certain areas of the pitch.

1 hour ago, Ozblue said:

I think Katic was hard done by last season, although  I will counter that by saying he did make mistakes that cost us on a few occasions, but no more than Worrall did. Now people will probably not agree with me but at the moment I think Goldson is the player who should be on the bench today because he's made some bad decisions lately, both in his tackling and positioning, but I can't see Gerrard having Katic & Edmundson as a pairing due to them being the youngest and least experienced two.

Katic is always a threat to nick a goal, and Edmundson seems to have the ability to ping 30-40 yard diagonal passes which could be a godsend against the Killie tactics.

Just my opinion, but I'm fairly sure it will be Goldson & Edmundson to start.

Katic is a goal threat at set pieces and corners, the only cb since Clint Hill to make a menace of himself in the box.

1 minute ago, Ozblue said:

It's not about the actual pitch surface, mate! It's more to do with knowing what the individual opponents are strong/weak at in their game, plus the knowledge of their surroundings in certain areas of the pitch.

Reading the post I replied to - think it is.

New pitch at Kilmarnock, new manager, couple of players gone, couple in. Nah - I don’t think we need Gregg Stewart’s knowledge of Kilmarnock on the pitch.  If he’s good enough, though, we play him

Going by your argument, should we also make sure we play him against Aberdeen? 

15 minutes ago, left winger said:

Reading the post I replied to - think it is.

New pitch at Kilmarnock, new manager, couple of players gone, couple in. Nah - I don’t think we need Gregg Stewart’s knowledge of Kilmarnock on the pitch.  If he’s good enough, though, we play him

Going by your argument, should we also make sure we play him against Aberdeen? 

At no time did I say that he should play or not play. I was merely pointing out that if he does play then it's got more to do than the pitch. In answering your question about whether Stewart should play against Abereen, the answer is, NO, I don't.

8 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

At no time did I say that he should play or not play. I was merely pointing out that if he does play then it's got more to do than the pitch. In answering your question about whether Stewart should play against Abereen, the answer is, NO, I don't.

Think we’ve just read the post differently 👍

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I think this could be a struggle today, we have the players, i dont think gerrard has the system yet, arfield out left, 3 centre mids that want to drop deep to start the moves, we end up with our striker isolated

I really hope he plays a different left mid and plays arfield just off the striker, jack, aribo and arfield would be my midfield 3

I know it won’t be popular with the Alfie fan club, but I’d start as we finished last season with Arfield playing off Defoe and Jones in Kent’s role on the left with a midfield three of Davis, Kamara and Aribo behind them.

1 minute ago, left winger said:

Think we’ve just read the post differently 👍

I will certainly agree on that, mate! 👍 It wouldn't be a surprise though if Stewart came on as a sub if things aren't going to plan as he is capable of  causing damage in tight spaces. Him getting chopped down inside the box would not be out of the question, but hopefully we are home and hosed by that time.

7 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Hi grab the win 1 p or 9, let the knicker wearers on forums get upset but we know from Joe till sept 2nd 1 0 or 14 we play we won and then beat them we are least 3 clear 

No idea how someone can still function enough to type when that mwi 😂

Archived