Gerrard post match

Misteral

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GA1972 said:

Without even clicking play that title makes me not want to watch, poor excuse if we’re blaming the penalty decision as they should’ve had one as well 

He's fucking right. Sorensen should have been sent off and we were denied a stone wall penalty.

Blaming VAR is not good enough. Telling Tav not to put the ball in the box in the 93rd minute or bringing King on for Jack gets you top of the table tonight Steve.

My favourite player to watch for 15 years. not my favourite manager tonight. As much as Tav is to blame, Gerrard is equally naive at times.

4 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

He's fucking right. Sorensen should have been sent off and we were denied a stone wall penalty.

Both teams should’ve had a pen

Saying Sorensen should’ve been sent off is clutching at straws, if he was a Rangers player and got sent off for the foul after he got booked we’d be absolutely fuming 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Blaming VAR is not good enough. Telling Tav not to put the ball in the box in the 93rd minute or bringing King on for Jack gets you top of the table tonight Steve.

My favourite player to watch for 15 years. not my favourite manager tonight. As much as Tav is to blame, Gerrard is equally naive at times.

Aww fuck off. What did Gerrard do wrong tonight? Never put on Brandon Barker? He set us up well tonight and we looked very confortable apart from 2 mistakes.

Honestly, the guy got us to the fucking group stages 2 years in a row and has won already against a bug european side and some cunts still wanna blame him for a defenders mistakes.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Aww fuck off. What did Gerrard do wrong tonight? Never put on Brandon Barker? He set us up well tonight and we looked very confortable apart from 2 mistakes.

Honestly, the guy got us to the fucking group stages 2 years in a row and has won already against a bug european side and some cunts still wanna blame him for a defenders mistakes.

Playing for a draw in injury time is the right thing to do. Not pushing everyone forward for a corner in the 92nd minute. And then not keeping possession in the 93rd when we have a free kick. Those are managerial choices.

He's right in what he says but we've been there so many times. Been there, experienced that, and experiencing it again. We've all seen this so many times but as disappointing as it is there's a long way to go and we're good enough to go through if we just stop the stupid mistakes.

And I'm not surprised he didn't say we desperately need a right back who can defend.

2 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Why should they have had a penalty? If it was the Shagger tackle,you're wrong,their player dived. If it was Goldson's 'handball',you're wrong again as he had his arms by his side,wi no movement toward the ball.

Replays on McGregor tackle clearly showed he clipped the striker even if their player was looking for it. McGregor did do a good job of looking like he’d pulled out the tackle though

Goldson one was never a penalty but would’ve been given by VAR based on some of the handballs we’ve seen in the CL

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

Replays on McGregor tackle clearly showed he clipped the striker even if their player was looking for it. McGregor did do a good job of looking like he’d pulled out the tackle though

Goldson one was never a penalty but would’ve been given by VAR based on some of the handballs we’ve seen in the CL

No it didn't,even the commentators said he should have been booked for the dive.

No it wouldn't,there wasn't even a real appeal from their players.

2 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

From the two times I watched it, McGregor makes no contact.

2 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

No it didn't,even the commentators said he should have been booked for the dive.

Initially they did, I thought the same but they showed a slow mo where there was clear contact 

Not that I’m complaining he didn’t get it  but it’s piss poor trying to say we were hard done by with decisions tonight. If we blame the ref every time we have  poor result it has less impact when we actually do get robbed by poor officials 

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

Initially they did, I thought the same but they showed a slow mo where there was clear contact 

Not that I’m complaining he didn’t get it  but it’s piss poor trying to say we were hard done by with decisions tonight. If we blame the ref every time we have  poor result it has less impact when we actually do get robbed by poor officials 

bollox

1 minute ago, Blumhoilann said:

Point is VAR could have gone against us as well so that  is bullshit  deflection tactics from Stevie G 

Steven Davis gave a more honest answer

It's not good enough.  From the team and from Gerrard.  

Playing miles below capability in important games and the manager as yet unable to inspire the players to give far better accounts of themselves in enough big games will not be good enough to win trophies.    Too many still on a learning curve and not climbing it fast or well enough.   Too many coasting.   Too many not prepared to be brave enough to play right to the best of their talents on a consistent enough basis.     

All that is happening here is Rangers is the experimental testing ground for a manager still in the early stages of gathering managerial experience.  Operating with too many players who talk a talk but when it comes to delivering winning results on a consistent enough basis they don't deliver.     That's not trophy winning form or form which gets Rangers beyond the group stages of the EL.    Its just playing at it from too many - including the manager - who are not 'at it' to anywhere near the level needed to get Rangers a league title or even qualification beyond the EL group stages.

Too harsh?   Probably.    Let's see if any trophies are won this season and if we get out of the EL group stage.    If no trophies and its drop out of Europe in the group stages then another end of season 'we're making progress' statements are all we will hear, just like last season.     

Wolves managed an away win tonight against a very good side.    Wolves, with next to no recent European experience.  Good for them.   And Rangers, with all the football history, pedigree and glitz of a big name manager cannot muster enough to beat an ordinary looking side from Switzerland who didn't even try to put 10 men behind the ball.  Even against a side that plays more open football - as it was expected to - the so-called stars of Rangers were simply not up to it.    Nowhere near up to it.   For that Gerrard himself must assume a fair bit of the blame.  

It's not good enough no matter how the manager tries to deflect away with excuses and reasons.    

4 minutes ago, RobertN said:

Point is VAR could have gone against us as well so that  is bullshit  deflection tactics from Stevie G 

Steven Davis gave a more honest answer

Gerrard more or less got the tactics right,it was the players who f**ked up and Steve Davis admitted it.

...and if your Grannie had baws,she'd be your Granda.

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Looking for a winner at the death wasn’t the reason we lost tonight and if folk think it was then they need to stop watching football. 

CB, I have watched football a long, long time and I've seen many world class teams play it out for a draw away from home and then win at home. It was naive. We gave up a free kick in a dangerous area and then ultimately a goal, both in the last 90 seconds. If we had simply kept the ball we would be sitting top of the league.

Even Davis said it was naive.

Archived