Gerrard post match

Misteral

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

We were seconds away from a draw which would have left us top of the group. Instead all 4 teams have 3 points.

Not a good performance but not the end of the world. A bit of perspective is required.

The perspective is Stevie G needs a kick in the baws.

Blame Tav, Gerrard, the ref or whoever you like but it does not take away the fact that as a team we were absoloutly terrible last night. Poor passing, unable to control the ball and terrible defending.     Where have we seen this type of performance before?  Yes exactly - KILMARNOCK  - LIVINGSTON - HAMILTON.  What do they have in common?   You've guessed it -  a horrible plastic pitch which should not be anywhere near the professioal game. We, for one, just cannot perform on this type of surface and it is time it wa s banned from the professioal game.  

12 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

Wolves managed an away win tonight against a very good side.    Wolves, with next to no recent European experience.  Good for them.   

Wolves, a squad that plays top class teams week in and week out and only cost 92 million to assemble.

11 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

He needs to take cunts off who aren’t pulling their weight like Ojo. Also think him mentioning VAR is a dig at the cunts who were officiating. 

Having seen some blatant pens get turned down by VAR this season the chances are they wouldn’t have ruled against the Ref anyway. 

Just now, siamthedanger said:

It's no laughing matter sonny Jim. Davis should be captain. 

I know some dont think a strong captain matters but in the past we have had some right narky moaning sore faced bastards as captains and the difference between them and players like Tavernier is they were all winners. Davis is never captain material either but then none of this squad are.........

I

32 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

I know some dont think a strong captain matters but in the past we have had some right narky moaning sore faced bastards as captains and the difference between them and players like Tavernier is they were all winners. Davis is never captain material either but then none of this squad are.........

I think Ryan Jack could be.  Missed him big time when he went off.

15 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

It's not good enough.  From the team and from Gerrard.  

Playing miles below capability in important games and the manager as yet unable to inspire the players to give far better accounts of themselves in enough big games will not be good enough to win trophies.    Too many still on a learning curve and not climbing it fast or well enough.   Too many coasting.   Too many not prepared to be brave enough to play right to the best of their talents on a consistent enough basis.     

All that is happening here is Rangers is the experimental testing ground for a manager still in the early stages of gathering managerial experience.  Operating with too many players who talk a talk but when it comes to delivering winning results on a consistent enough basis they don't deliver.     That's not trophy winning form or form which gets Rangers beyond the group stages of the EL.    Its just playing at it from too many - including the manager - who are not 'at it' to anywhere near the level needed to get Rangers a league title or even qualification beyond the EL group stages.

Too harsh?   Probably.    Let's see if any trophies are won this season and if we get out of the EL group stage.    If no trophies and its drop out of Europe in the group stages then another end of season 'we're making progress' statements are all we will hear, just like last season.     

Wolves managed an away win tonight against a very good side.    Wolves, with next to no recent European experience.  Good for them.   And Rangers, with all the football history, pedigree and glitz of a big name manager cannot muster enough to beat an ordinary looking side from Switzerland who didn't even try to put 10 men behind the ball.  Even against a side that plays more open football - as it was expected to - the so-called stars of Rangers were simply not up to it.    Nowhere near up to it.   For that Gerrard himself must assume a fair bit of the blame.  

It's not good enough no matter how the manager tries to deflect away with excuses and reasons.    

Great post mate.

15 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Blaming VAR is not good enough. Telling Tav not to put the ball in the box in the 93rd minute or bringing King on for Jack gets you top of the table tonight Steve.

My favourite player to watch for 15 years. not my favourite manager tonight. As much as Tav is to blame, Gerrard is equally naive at times.

No tactical switch stops tav been a retard mate. He sold the jerseys and unless we can get something in Portugal or Rotterdam has probably cost us qualification.

2 minutes ago, BookWorm said:

You should start the campaign to get it done. 

@King Jela the man for that.

TBH if Tav was honest with himself he knows he is no captain and as a defender he makes some very basic and embarrassing mistakes. Even his recent penalty takes weren't convincng.

I think mentality he is fucking done.

10 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

@King Jela the man for that.

TBH if Tav was honest with himself he knows he is no captain and as a defender he makes some very basic and embarrassing mistakes. Even his recent penalty takes weren't convincng.

I think mentality he is fucking done.

Davis would be a far stronger captain and I agree @King Jela  needs to get the ball rolling on this one.

7 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

McGregor?!

18 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Stewart for Jack was a huge mistake and for that SG has to be questioned  

Agreed King for Jack and Stewart for Ojo was the way to go.

Archived