Beat Feyenoord

G.E.C.

Just now, eejay the dj said:

I hope we don't go with that mentality though

This group is there to be won now . And we would avoid the very best of the teams that are left .

Let's qualify as winners . Cmon

Given that the last group match at home is on the Thursday after the cup final, it would be good to have that as a party night at Ibrox with our first silverware under Gerrard and qualification secured so I think he’ll go all out to win in Rotterdam.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are in a fantastic position in the group......... and I honestly feel we are good enough to go on now and win it...... what an achievement that would be.

So proud to be a Bear tonight...... thanks to Stevie Gerrard and his squad.

Looking at the rules I don’t think winning against Feyenoord guarantees us qualification unless Young Boys get something against Porto.

Porto, Young Boys and us could all end up on 10 points (if Porto win their 2 games and Young Boys beat us). In that scenario it goes to a mini table of head-to-head - since we would have got the most points against Feyenoord (which would be removed) we would end up third.

that won’t happen though!

2 minutes ago, KeepBelieving1872 said:

Looking at the rules I don’t think winning against Feyenoord guarantees us qualification unless Young Boys get something against Porto.

Porto, Young Boys and us could all end up on 10 points (if Porto win their 2 games and Young Boys beat us). In that scenario it goes to a mini table of head-to-head - since we would have got the most points against Feyenoord (which would be removed) we would end up third.

@Rfc52 show this to the wee man, it will blow his mind. 😂😂😂 

8 minutes ago, KeepBelieving1872 said:

We are ahead of Porto on head to head and a win in Rotterdam would guarantee that only Young Boys could finish above us, assuming they beat Porto and won at Ibrox.

10 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

We are ahead of Porto on head to head and a win in Rotterdam would guarantee that only Young Boys could finish above us, assuming they beat Porto and won at Ibrox.

Yeah ahead of Porto on head-to-head but if 3 teams are on the same point it becomes triple head-to-head.

and we might only have 4 points from the games against Porto & Young Boys. Whilst Young Boys could get 6 from us and Porto 6 points against Young Boys.

1 minute ago, KeepBelieving1872 said:

Yeah ahead of Porto on head-to-head but if 3 teams are on the same point it becomes triple head-to-head.

and we might only have 4 points from the games against Porto & Young Boys. Whilst Young Boys could get 6 from us and Porto 6 points against Young Boys.

You cannot go out to a team with an inferior head to head FFS!

Thats like saying Livi are the best team in Scotland because they beat the scum or that Scotland became world champions when they won at Wembley in ‘67.

Just now, Colin Traive said:

You cannot go out to a team with an inferior head to head FFS!

Thats like saying Livi are the best team in Scotland because they beat the scum or that Scotland became world champions when they won at Wembley in ‘67.

You can “FFS”. And that comparison makes no sense at all!!

Us, Porto and Young Boys could be on 10 points. And all 3 teams could have a better head-to-head against 1 of the 2 other teams.

1) we would have a better head to head than Porto

2) porto would have a better head-to-head than Young Boys

3) Young Boys would have a better head-to-head than us.

so someone has to go out and it’s worked out from triple head-to-head - i.e exclude the Feyenoord results (from which could have 6 points)

33 minutes ago, KeepBelieving1872 said:

That’s correct

21 minutes ago, TMB said:

We're good enough to beat Young Boys and Feyenoord.  Just any kind of result against either team should be enough.  I think we'll qualify for the knockouts. 

I think it will go down  to YB. A home game to qualify, I'll take that. Feyenoord away is a big call, can't confidently see a result there.

28 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Still a tough run, we kept it together tonight, winning in Feyenoord will be a tough ask. If it goes down to YB at Ibrox, what a game that will be.

The Scottish way. All down to a nail-biting last game make or break situation. Bring it on I say.

44 minutes ago, KeepBelieving1872 said:

You can “FFS”. And that comparison makes no sense at all!!

Us, Porto and Young Boys could be on 10 points. And all 3 teams could have a better head-to-head against 1 of the 2 other teams.

1) we would have a better head to head than Porto

2) porto would have a better head-to-head than Young Boys

3) Young Boys would have a better head-to-head than us.

so someone has to go out and it’s worked out from triple head-to-head - i.e exclude the Feyenoord results (from which could have 6 points)

You just know we’re going to go out to that don’t you? 😂😂

2 hours ago, Ger_onimo said:

Is that right?

This reminds me of last year and all the maths and what not and the what ifs and so ons. Ended up at NY RFC watching the last game needing results and we fucked it up big time to be fair. I am much more confident this year, Was on the phone after the game tonight to my mate who had us all but dead and buried after Young Boys result. We can do this this year!!

Archived