Nathan Patterson

6 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing us try that diamond Hivs played last night. Just for games after Arfield has travelled for Canada. Get Defoe and Morelos up top together with Tav slotted in behind. Could shoot loads and with either foot. 

After seeing your last 2 posts have you been on the swally since last nights game?

10 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing us try that diamond Hivs played last night. Just for games after Arfield has travelled for Canada. Get Defoe and Morelos up top together with Tav slotted in behind. Could shoot loads and with either foot. 

Fucking right mate that's the answer too our terrible form. 

Just now, Laudrup1690 said:

You’ve said move tav to left back which is a ludicrous statement and play a different  formation where for 95% of this season we have won!

How are we getting Patterson in the team then? And Tav more shots? 

And I'm still waiting to hear how good Patterson is from the penalty spot. 

26 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

How are we getting Patterson in the team then? And Tav more shots? 

And I'm still waiting to hear how good Patterson is from the penalty spot. 

Well Paterson doesn’t get in the team at the moment because he hasnt proved anything to say he’s better than tav yet!

simply really 

I go to watch development team regularly.......he's outstanding and should be phased in instead of Tav. He's a better defender and is also good going forward.

Also really pissed off at Barjonas possibly going out on loan.....he is well capable of playing in first team.

28 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Well Paterson doesn’t get in the team at the moment because he hasnt proved anything to say he’s better than tav yet!

simply really 

7 minutes ago, Spencer65 said:

I go to watch development team regularly.......he's outstanding and should be phased in instead of Tav. He's a better defender and is also good going forward.

Also really pissed off at Barjonas possibly going out on loan.....he is well capable of playing in first team.

Barjonas for Jack too?

26 minutes ago, Spencer65 said:

Barjonas needs to.  Docherty cant get a game and he's apparently been excellent in training, so if Barjonas moved up to Dicherty's spot when he goes next month then we would expect a similar amount of game time. 

That's simply not enough competitive football at this stage in his career which means he needs to go out on loan. Hopefully to an spl team where he would get a game. St mirren or Livingston etc...

Rangers Football Club are delighted to announce that Nathan Patterson has signed a new contract, extending his stay at the club until summer 2022.

The 18-year-old full back has worked his way through the ranks at Rangers Academy, joining the Light Blues at the age of 8.

Now a regular for the Development Squad, the right-back has featured in this season’s excellent UEFA Youth League and Challenge Cup runs and has regularly been training with Steven Gerrard’s first-team.

Patterson represents Scotland at under-19 level, recently starring in the European Championships winning a group containing Germany. He has four caps and has scored once after coming through the ranks playing at under 16, under-17 and under-18 level previously.

A delighted Patterson said: “I am obviously delighted because I have been working hard and that is what you want to achieve, a new contract and you want to stay here for as long as you can and push on.

“I feel as if I have got a great chance at this club, it is a huge club and it is the club I support so obviously I want to stay here and try and make my place in the team.”

Sporting Director Ross Wilson said: “Our academy is important to us and it’s pleasing to see a number of our young players working tirelessly to impress Steven and the first team coaching staff, Nathan being one those.

“We have been clear that if players sufficiently impress then an opportunity will come if it’s earned and deserved.

“Nathan is a player that I have been aware of for some time and now observing him up close he is certainly developing strongly and we are excited about his potential.”

3 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He’s the only youth team player I’m totally convinced will play for us regularly in the first team.

Said for a few months would put money on Patterson to have one of the best careers in our academy. 

Archived