***** The Official Rangers V St Mirren Match Thread *****

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Vision said:

A think Kent has been contributing but not enough imo RW is the problem position and Aribo has done well there but not the position he was originally brought in for,

Ojo is that player but is'nt doing it at the moment.

The problem with Aribo and Ono (deliberate spelling) is they frequently get past the defender with their pace but always have to turn back onto their left foot and the opportunity to get the ball in quick is gone, we need someone on the right who is right footed, it's not rocket science.

3 minutes ago, goaaaal said:

Happy we won but far too flat tonight allowing them to regroup with our slow forward play.

Some of the bookings for our players tonight bordered on ridiculous.

Referee was baby faced Nick Walsh. He is always anti-Rangers. Between him, Clancy, Collum and Madden we're in an uphill struggle to win the league this year.

As you mentioned it's the small unnoticed (IMO sleekit) decisions like yellow cards that can make a difference. 

Tonight went exactly how I expected it. First league game back so a bit rusty, missing our best player and one of our most influential players and captain as well as going up against a very organised and stuffy side. This was never going to be a 4/5-0 game unless St. Mirren got someone sent off.

This is one people will complain about tonight and forget in May. 3 points is literally all that matters now and we got it tonight without really getting out of first gear.

Personally I just want us to beat Hearts now on Sunday but my longer term prediction is that we're 4 or more points ahead of celtic going into the split.

6 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Referee was baby faced Nick Walsh. He is always anti-Rangers. Between him, Clancy, Collum and Madden we're in an uphill struggle to win the league this year.

As you mentioned it's the small unnoticed (IMO sleekit) decisions like yellow cards that can make a difference. 

Which of the bookings could be argued about tonight ? 

12 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Davis should have been booked for halfing one of their players on the break at the half way line, Leave the paranoia to the taigs eh.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

The lack of ST Mirren bookings in the first half?

Outwith tonight the lack of bookings most of our opponents get particularly early on in games.

Sorry I've maybe picked you up wrong but I thought you were complaining about either of our yellows tonight 

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Davis should have been booked for halfing one of their players on the break at the half way line, Leave the paranoia to the taigs eh.

Aye let the opposition away with whatever they want as long as Davis isn't booked eh?

In a more general sense the refs I've stated always seem to be against us.

What are your thoughts on Clancy's performance in our last game?

48 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He’s barely put in a shift the last few games he has started.

Yes I know he’s not Morelos, and they play different games, but apart from Hibs away in December you have to go back to the Hamilton game in October where he’s had a really good game.

He won us the game tonight.

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

Aye let the opposition away with whatever they want as long as Davis isn't booked eh?

In a more general sense the refs I've stated always seem to be against us.

What are your thoughts on Clancy's performance in our last game?

What exactly did the opposition get away with tonight?  

Archived