Has there ever been a Rangers team with less heart

Dave Hedgehog

56 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Team can't be built around players who were already part of a losers team. Need a complete new set of players. You'd think we would know better with the shining example our current captain  is.

The way Advocaat and Smith 2nd time around is how teams should be built.

Well that's not clearly going to happen

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Davis was always a loser, he just got carried by winners under walter, it showed under mccoist when he was captain, probably our second worst top flight captain after tav tbh

Seriously.....so Davis was a loser before he came to us in 2007.....yip he was what 22 at the time.....you seriously make no sense at times 

9 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Seriously.....so Davis was a loser before he came to us in 2007.....yip he was what 22 at the time.....you seriously make no sense at times 

For us yeah he was, neat and tidy player, made a contribution, but never one to step up and carry his teammates when needed, why walter fucked him wide right, why under ally we fell apart when naismith got injured (what i wouldnt give for his attitude in our guys right now) and why he's continued to be a silent wee mouse since coming back 

Just remember, Walter played both mcculloch and edu in centre mid before davis, that says it all

That's not true and you know  it.....Edu played a small percentage of games and Jig played on the left....if you are quoting the 2007/2008 season then yes  he played on the right....after that he predominantly played centre 

4 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

That's not true and you know  it.....Edu played a small percentage of games and Jig played on the left....if you are quoting the 2007/2008 season then yes  he played on the right....after that he predominantly played centre 

The 08/09 season we had fergie, mendes, mcculloch, edu and thomson, not a chance davis played centre before they did

Following season we still had guys like mendes for half a season, edu, mcculloch, thomson, 

Lafferty played mostly on the left as well, not mcculloch

Davis barely got a sniff under walter in centre mid, even ally didnt play him there and he was a fucking awful manager

30 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The 08/09 season we had fergie, mendes, mcculloch, edu and thomson, not a chance davis played centre before they did

Following season we still had guys like mendes for half a season, edu, mcculloch, thomson, 

Lafferty played mostly on the left as well, not mcculloch

Davis barely got a sniff under walter in centre mid, even ally didnt play him there and he was a fucking awful manager

Jig and Edu did not keep Davis out a central midfield berth in 2009/2010....the season before yes not the season after 

3 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Than this current team? 

Lack of ability can be overcome.

Lack of heart and fight can’t.

Im 46 and I don’t recall a Rangers team so lacking in fight. 

Its harder to take than simple lack of talent.

Yes 

Ally 

Warburton 

Pedro 

Murty 

Im 55 and not counting sides since we were demoted can honestly say this by far is the worse. Even in the early 80's we were capable of winning the odd cup,this lot of bottlers and imposters will never win anything,and our captain is i am afraid a serial loser.

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The same season he got us to the CL last 16 and only went out on away goals? The season where the players knew he was leaving long before the season finished

Absolutely no comparison, 

Ok....is that the same season WE Rangers never won a game in 11....your hard on for Mcleish at times is embarrassing....he took over a top quality squad which was under performing and did superb for a spell....he then failed miserably...end off

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Lost to Stirling Albion when they were bottom of the third division and they didn’t have their manager there because he was getting married that day.

I unfortunately was there that day,Stirling is my home town and local publican gave me a ticket for the stand which housed home fans. That match was the reason i quit going to watch Stirling (which i did now and then) the abuse and filth flung at McCoist and our players was shocking. Stirling fucking Albion ffs.   They also held up some pathetic banner at our 140 year celebration when we happened to be playing them again. Glad to see them still floundering in the bottom tier,my hope is they will eventually do a East Stirling and drop out altogether.

If you've lived long enough and watched Rangers as long as I have, then the answer is unfortunately yes, and on a number of occasions, and under some of our best managers and players!

Needed extra time to beat Forfar in a LC semi final at an almost deserted Hampden!

5 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Ok....is that the same season WE Rangers never won a game in 11....your hard on for Mcleish at times is embarrassing....he took over a top quality squad which was under performing and did superb for a spell....he then failed miserably...end off

Never won a game in 11, that included CL games, the run was poor but it needs context, it wasnt 11 domestic games

And yes it was the season that WE Rangers were shite domestically, however what mcleish did for us previously should have counted for something, it didnt, 2 titles, 3 league cups and 2 scottish cups, and the fans still wanted him gone 

Financially eck was in a different league from any other manager, his last season our backline was made up of free transfers and youth players, his keeper also, his midfield had ricksen (who he converted from right back) and ferguson (only back due to selling boumsong for 8mill) and buffel, the rest were cheap options, up top he had bosmans and novo for a couple hundred grand, 

Gerrard has spent more on centre halves than eck likely did on the whole team that played the cl last 16

Whats gerrard won for us that allows him leeway people give him

Eh? The team and the manager that blew 10iar, when it was easier to win it, then compounded it by a woeful Scottish Cup Final display and defeat v Hearts comes close.

Yes they won 9, but fucked up 10 by gutless performances in the 2nd half of that season.

I remember these things, it wasn't always rosy posy under Walter Smith et al.

I honestly caant get my head round it. We go and play amazing in europe return and dont turn up.

A dont wanty hear all this shit now like oh our style of play suits us better in europe fuck right of with these comments and I'm speaking  to myself here as I have been saying that.

I FUCKING KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS THESE FUCKING PLAYERS SEE A BIG SHOWCASE EUROPEAN EVENT AND GO OHHH I AM RIGHT UP FOR THIS BUT CANT GET THERE SAD SMELLY SHITEY PATHETIC ARSES UP FOR A DOMESTIC COLD RAINY GAME. 

We have a team full of cowards.They dont like it tough and they have been sussed.Gerrard has to realise we are in Scotland and are still playing 70s football here and are allowed to bully and kick anyone trying to play football.That is why the national team also never qualify for anything.This is probably why we do well in europe,refs dont allow bruisers kicking players all over the place.

10 hours ago, DBBTB said:

If people want to make these overdramatic threads about how this is the worst and most heartless team ever then that’s fine but at least sleep on it first before stating it because it isn’t even close to being any of those things.

We had a team a few years ago that finished third in the Championship, lost 6-1 to Motherwell in the play offs and conceded 3 goals in 20 minutes to blow a 2 goal lead to Alloa in the Challenge Cup. That’s as bad as it gets.

It’s very true, that team was far worse.

We’re in the last 16 in Europe, it’s not the worst team in ability or heart by far.....it’s the frustration about how bipolar the match attitude/performances are when you go from showing amazing fight and battle to beat Braga on their own patch after a dismal performance in Perth to then giving up the Scottish cup without a fight.

Its this switching that is so frustrating.

Archived