The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

Just now, Colin Traive said:

He can fight his own corner but I think he was challenging your cherrypicking of the rules.

Glad to see you’ve now acknowledged that “null and void”, although not specified in the rules, is an option. That’s progress.

You can’t have complete discretion yet still have no go areas.

I've never said it wasn't an option, simply that its not under consideration. The SPFL have their position and, unless UEFA insists otherwise, will be sticking with it.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, The Dude said:

And the Champion club is the one with most points at the end of the Season.

The season will officially be declared over shortly. celtic will have the most points at the end of said Season.

Tell me, what circumstances would the SPFL have that aren't already covered in the existing rules (playoffs, one-title decider after teams finish level) would they need to alter the end of the season to a different time than after the final league game?

The season is clearly defined as 38 games in the rules.

Giving them the league will have lawyers rubbing their hands with glee (fully sanitised of course)

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

They're the holders so seems fair to award them it for this season too.

Probably favourites for next season so best to give them it for 19/20 and 20/21 at same time.

Doubt it’s in the rule book but they can use it for toilet paper now apparently.

Just now, dummiesoot said:

The season is clearly defined as 38 games in the rules.

Giving them the league will have lawyers rubbing their hands with glee (fully sanitised of course)

With the board having discretion to adjust that if necessary.

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Nope. Not the two hour rule. That's a different rule. Race goes X number of laps or two hours. Whichever is completed first.

If a race is red flagged after a certain distance and doesn't restart it is rolled back to the previous completed lap and the result from there stands. It isn't voided, it doesn't get reorganised. The result stands and th bookies pay out despite the race not finishing the originally mandated distance.

That of course IS written clearly in their rules, before the season starts. Our rules do not have such a contingency.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The rule book IS updated and reissued every year.

There's nothing in the rules about declaring champions which mentions 38 games. Simply most points at the end of the Season and the SPFL's definition of season is pretty clear.

Again, not my analysis but the advice being given to clubs by the SPFL. Who I'm sure have had legal advice on their position - as will clubs.

You've bought into the premise that this is the correct interpretation of the rules and definition,  and an acceptable course of action. That much is clear.

Yet you still cant insert a phrase based on the definition of the word season that when inserted into rule c13 doesnt render the sentence illogical. The notion of reduced games isnt there in the wording, and if you assume it to be it contradicts entirely the rest of rule c13.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You've bought into the premise that this is the correct interpretation of the rules and definition,  and an acceptable course of action. That much is clear.

Yet you still cant insert a phrase based on the definition of the word season that when inserted into rule c13 doesnt render the sentence illogical. The notion of reduced games isnt there in the wording, and if you assume it to be it contradicts entirely the rest of rule c13.

Because it's the position of the SPFL and the one clubs are aware of. I don't know, maybe you're more qualified than the SPFL's lawyers and those at clubs but I've got a bit more faith in their reading of it than an anonymous forum user.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Our rules DO have that contingency.

Where do our rules clearly and unequivocally state that. I think you will find it has been written by a lawyer which means it is as clear as mud.

Otherwise you would not be getting this continual grief.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They wont.

I think they have to finish the league whether its june or july. Scrap the scottish cup and internationals . CL and EL and concentrate on finishing league seasons.  They think this will peak soon (hopefully) and life will return to normal in a couple of months .

This could be a close season and do pre season training before starting again . Flow from this season with a few week break in August  straight into next .

Just now, The Dude said:

Because it's the position of the SPFL and the one clubs are aware of. I don't know, maybe you're more qualified than the SPFL's lawyers and those at clubs but I've got a bit more faith in their reading of it than an anonymous forum user.

You're the one promoting it. I think it's being fudged to suit an outcome they want rather than is in the rules.

It seems the crux of it is around the terms used in the definition of the word Season. Repeatedly ive asked how it can be that a reduction in games is perceived to be applicable (certainly doesn't say that there) when this notion if inserted into a stated rule specifically highlighting 38 games becomes contradictory within itself. I've not had one response which clarifies this point.

I doubt I know more than spl lawyers but I know enough that they dont always get things right. More of a layman's approach from me than a know it all cunt you see 👍

17 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

I think they have to finish the league whether its june or july. Scrap the scottish cup and internationals . CL and EL and concentrate on finishing league seasons.  They think this will peak soon (hopefully) and life will return to normal in a couple of months .

This could be a close season and do pre season training before starting again . Flow from this season with a few week break in August  straight into next .

They're not finishing it. They don't think there will be any football until August. Add the time to get players fit and play nine rounds of games and there's not enough time to play next season. 

23 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Where do our rules clearly and unequivocally state that. I think you will find it has been written by a lawyer which means it is as clear as mud.

Otherwise you would not be getting this continual grief.

So the contingency must be unequivocal? 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

What a load of absolute pish 😂

Tell you what though, for someone who insists he won't even read my posts to go out of his way to watch a podcast I'm on (that he bitched and whined about) is really something.

I watched one mate . Your ugly face was too much to watch any more :mutley:

And to be fair . On every thread ya numtie , you insist on hogging the fucking thing with your opinions . Rammed down everyone's throats so impossible not to read some .Most are the same bullshit mind

At least most of us can stand back from a disagreement . You have a hard on over  every one . You are not right in your mind tbh

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I watched one mate . Your ugly face was too much to watch any more :mutley:

And to be fair . On every thread ya numtie , you insist on hogging the fucking thing with your opinions . Rammed down everyone's throats so impossible not to read some .Most are the same bullshit mind

At least most of us can stand back from a disagreement . You have a hard on over  every one . You are not right in your mind tbh

You seem upset that someone on a forum posts their opinions. Isnt that the point of forums? If you don't like seeing my posts, put them on ignore. 

Ach it's easy to take shots at how someone looks as you anonymously hide behind a pseudonym on the Internet. Do you usually watch football podcasts to see how other men look? Bit of a creepy one that. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You seem upset that someone on a forum posts their opinions. Isnt that the point of forums? If you don't like seeing my posts, put them on ignore. 

Ach it's easy to take shots at how someone looks as you anonymously hide behind a pseudonym on the Internet. Do you usually watch football podcasts to see how other men look? Bit of a creepy one that. 

Ok mate  I was pulling your chain . I take the ugly bit back . I'm into women so what you look like means nothing to me

Lets just leave it at that . I know I would be here all day with you . enjoy your day Dude

Archived