The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Dude said:

So should we all just insists its null and void until we get a decision?

You seem to have a real problem with fairness and common sense.

In this sport, a contest uncompleted does not count and is restarted.

The result at the time when it was halted is irrelevant.

I really can’t see how anyone can’t grasp this.

1 minute ago, writingranger said:

I don't want to paint you into a corner as it would be as unfair to null the the league as to declare the winners, and you are only saying what you are hearing. What I'm looking for is the justification/logic that the spfl will use if and when they announce their decision. That may be particularly the case if it flies in the face of an approach agreed across europe. L

Think their view is null and void creates more problems than declaring the season early. If there's a blanket approach arcross Europe it will likely change here but if it's left to leagues, it seems more are heading towards some sort of early finish rather than just voiding it.

Just now, Colin Traive said:

You seem to have a real problem with fairness and common sense.

In this sport, a contest uncompleted does not count and is restarted.

The result at the time when it was halted is irrelevant.

I really can’t see how anyone can’t grasp this.

What's fair about depriving Raith Rovers promotion? Through no fault of their own is the season ending but you think they should be stuck in a lower division for another season. That's not common sense or fair.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aye, truckers and F1 drivers have similar levels of fitness.

Truckers are regularly driving at 200+ mph wheel-to-wheel and experiencing huge g-forces, massive weight loss and incredible physical strain. It's just like driving along the M8 at 60.

Never seen an F1 driver looking fucked after a race though, or breaking sweat for that matter. :lol:

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

But they are. They cant legislate for every possible scenario and, iirc, this will be the third time that competitions have been suspended in 120+ years of league football in Scotland, the complete inability to schedule the remainder of the season isn't something you'd likely have a specific rule in place for

Which is exactly why I dont believe that this will go the way you expect. Or at least not without one hell of a fight.

These are completely unexpected events, and I dont think people will accept that the rules are in place to account for it.

Only way I can see this going ahead is if they put it to a vote of the member clubs, and the clubs agree to do it.

Radio Scotland just now.  Someone has been talking to the SFA and SPFL and they have warned that the game in Scotland is likely to be off until the summer.  They are intent on not allowing this season to impact next season ie, next season will not be rolled back to accomodate this season running late.  They are NOT minded to void the leagues without awarding titles to teams currently ahead in the leagues.

If this is really their thinking I fully expect legal action to be taken against the governing bodies.

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Never seen an F1 driver looking fucked after a race though, or breaking sweat for that matter. :lol:

Aye they do.  It sometimes gets to 40+ degrees in those cars and the drivers are wearing multiple layers with no breeze or AC 🙂

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What's fair about depriving Raith Rovers promotion? Through no fault of their own is the season ending but you think they should be stuck in a lower division for another season. That's not common sense or fair.

What is fair about relegating Partick Thistle who are two points adrift at the bottom with a game in hand?

It is not a cut and dry issue. 

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aye, truckers and F1 drivers have similar levels of fitness.

Truckers are regularly driving at 200+ mph wheel-to-wheel and experiencing huge g-forces, massive weight loss and incredible physical strain. It's just like driving along the M8 at 60.

Trucks are limited to 56mph 

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Think their view is null and void creates more problems than declaring the season early. If there's a blanket approach arcross Europe it will likely change here but if it's left to leagues, it seems more are heading towards some sort of early finish rather than just voiding it.

It’s not just a matter of giving the scum a trophy though,is it?  Their is prize money up for grabs and you are handing them free passage into champions league even though mathematically we could still catch them.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There's fuck all fair about it but it is what it is.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

What is fair about relegating Partick Thistle who are two points adrift at the bottom with a game in hand?

It is not a cut and dry issue. 

That's the one that's going to cause them most problems (I've said it a couple of times tbf). There's no cut and dry solution but this is the one they're aiming for.

I reckon Partick v QOTS may end up in a playoff between the two at the earliest possible date.

2 minutes ago, Dickie said:

It’s not just a matter of giving the scum a trophy though,is it?  Their is prize money up for grabs and you are handing them free passage into champions league even though mathematically we could still catch them.

The mathematically being able to catch them thing is a red herring. If the season is ended those game don't matter. They don't exist anymore and will never be played. The season will be based on the games that have been played.

Just now, The Dude said:

That's the one that's going to cause them most problems (I've said it a couple of times tbf). There's no cut and dry solution but this is the one they're aiming for.

I reckon Partick v QOTS may end up in a playoff between the two at the earliest possible date.

Aiming for probably, but I dont think it will happen without one hell of a fucking fight.

I think they will be forced to a middle ground. Reduced relegation, some form reconstruction and a promotion of teams and no champions named.

I think the TV companies are likely to accept for a year due to trying to be seen to help out in the aftermath of the virus.

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

But not through anything physical 👍

Over 1g in braking, acceleration and in the corners.  It most certainly is through physicality.

Footballers - 1440 calories per game.

F1 drivers - will burn as many as 1,500 calories

Archived