The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If you don't promote four, your just inviting more challenges. Doing that makes the league too big for four Old Firm games a season and Sky won't let that happen.

You just said a few minutes ago it’s their league and they can do what they want,now your saying sky control it,I think you need to go lie down in a darkened room.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Fuck off.

That's what they're saying on Radio Scotland.  Some guy has been talking to the SFA and SPFL and they're minded not to void the league.  They wont delay the start to next season and they're minded to award titles on current positions but that may change depending on the outcome of the UEFA meeting on Tuesday.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

We will have to wait and see how it plays out.

I think we can all remember what happened when the SPL had a plan for how to deal with the unprecedented Rangers scenario and then what happened when public outcry got involved. Two very different outcomes.

I think it is far too early to count on what the SPFL has in mind, they will be listening to the building outcry and be very mindful of what the fall out will be.

There will be a FAR bigger fallout if they don't get nine than there will be if Hearts get relegated. As much as we might not like it.

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The mathematically being able to catch them thing is a red herring. If the season is ended those game don't matter. They don't exist anymore and will never be played. The season will be based on the games that have been played.

The season was  surely was based on 38 games?  If these are not completed then I really don’t see how any decisions could be made.

I’m sure that the SFA/SPFL will be guided by their rule book, with which, the competition is run.

Unless there is a clause in there to support decisions such as this being taken, they have a  few choices I imagine.  Award titles and relegate clubs on current standings, which I’m sure would be challenged (perhaps legally) by those negatively impacted upon.  Void the competition with no award given or play to a conclusion at a date TBC.

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

We're living in a completely unique and unprecedented world. Nothing will be decided anytime soon. Nothing will be set in stone. Everything will be open to change. Everything will be challenged and counter challenged.

This will run and run for a long long time. There will be no quick and easy fix.

Tuesday and UEFA's meeting with all the constituent league will give us a pointer what they're minded to do.  I think all leagues will try to follow the same route.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If you don't promote four, your just inviting more challenges. Doing that makes the league too big for four Old Firm games a season and Sky won't let that happen.

I think they'll promote and say 2, fuck Dundee and those below them giving a top 14 league for a season. 39 games then 6 after a break. That gives 4 OF games and 45 game season.

Drop a cup, play the other one with no replays, and reduce the winter break.

Only teams moaning would realistically be those missing out on title, or those challenging for promotion. Winners and teams not relegated counter that as they're delighted.

None of it in rules, rules dont matter, but I think this unfortunately would get support of a vast majority of clubs.

Similar approach replicated down the leagues.

Just now, Dickie said:

You just said a few minutes ago it’s their league and they can do what they want,now your saying sky control it,I think you need to go lie down in a darkened room.

Because the TV contract hinges on their being four old firm games a season.

1 minute ago, Coop said:

That's what they're saying on Radio Scotland.  Some guy has been talking to the SFA and SPFL and they're minded not to void the league.  They wont delay the start to next season and they're minded to award titles on current positions but that may change depending on the outcome of the UEFA meeting on Tuesday.

Some guy aye? Fuck Radio Scotland.

1 minute ago, Coop said:

Tuesday and UEFA's meeting with all the constituent league will give us a pointer what they're minded to do.  I think all leagues will try to follow the same route.

It will be but it won't end there. Can't see any football for a long time.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think they'll promote and say 2, fuck Dundee and those below them giving a top 14 league for a season. 39 games then 6 after a break. That gives 4 OF games and 45 game season.

Only teams moaning would realistically be those missing out on title, or those challenging for promotion. Winners and teams not relegated counter that as they're delighted.

None of it in rules, rules dont matter, but I think this unfortunately would get support of a vast majority of clubs.

The football authorities are not putting back next seasons start date if they can avoid it.  They'll get rid of this season one way or another before fucking up two season in a row.

1 minute ago, Coop said:

There's the issue over next seasons European places.  Will that be decided on last seasons finishing positions or this seasons?  This meeting on Tuesday between UEFA and all the European leagues will give everyone a better idea what they're minded to do.

You're right about that. Of course it would be the same issue with declaring winners now. I guess I just don't trust the powers that be to do the right thing for the right reason.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Why fuck dundee?

1 minute ago, Coop said:

I think the SPFL and SFA will look down south and to UEFA when deciding what approach to take.  If the rest of Europe goes with voiding their leagues then they'll follow suit.  If the rest of Europe decides to hand out the prizes based on current positions then Scotland will follow suit.

England is probably the one league where no one would really have an issue with crowning Liverpool champions This season. 

But most other leagues are close and have large rivalries at the top (Barca/real etc) no way the rest of the teams in the other leagues are going to just accept this imo 

and if every other league declares null and void, I don’t think England (the so called best league in the world) would deviate from the rest, and in turn Scotland and the rest of uk would so what England do 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

There will be a FAR bigger fallout if they don't get nine than there will be if Hearts get relegated. As much as we might not like it.

This country is split down the middle basically. 50% us, 50% them and the others are basically neutral so can be left out of the equation.

They will be raging if they dont get the league, we will be raging if they do get it when it was in our hands to have the points gap down to 4 pts with a good few games to go.

They will find a middle ground to state that there are no champions this year, but basically find a way to state that 9 in a row can be achieved next year and its an unbroken run, which would be fair enough.

This gives them the chance to continue the pursuit of the 10 in a row, which is what they care about, but they dont have to piss us all off by awarding them a league which had not been won in a 38 game season. 

1 minute ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

you know fuckall same as the rest of us, yet you’re going on as if you’re the centre of all knowledge cos you write a pishy blog for the rebel. Fucking beat it man, scaremongering dobber.

Well said mate. Couldnt have put it better myself.

1 minute ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

you know fuckall same as the rest of us, yet you’re going on as if you’re the centre of all knowledge cos you write a pishy blog for the rebel. Fucking beat it man, scaremongering dobber.

Maybe, we'll soon find out.

Although clearly you do know fuck all, I've not written for the Record in a year.

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Depends on the rules of the race.

it’s on completed course or the race is void and should be no different from any sporting competition, if they set of to see who get the furthest like the javelin then you don’t finish the coursing you don’t need too, leagues  are won when it’s completed, if a club in any sport have mathematically won it before all games played then why don’t they just stop the rest of the games ?

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

It will be but it won't end there. Can't see any football for a long time.

This season is effectively over.  How it 'ends' is still up in the air but the SFA will be guided by UEFA and what comes out of the Tuesday meeting.  Just my take.  I don't think we'll see 53 leagues come up with 53 unique solutions.

Archived