Jump to content

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Why didn’t he resign then?

OK I dont know if he did or didn't.

My point being its unclear what he tried to change or influence in the first half of his year on the Board, and criticise him off the back of it. Maybe he could have resigned for that or other matters, or maybe it was safer to keep the seat at the table.

I've little time at all for Robertson, he's weak as fuck. But all this blatant shenanigans kicked off in March imo, its harsh to claim he did fuck all until on his way out. Thats unclear.

And I sern to have responded part reply to Dude on this reply to you. Fuck knows why I did that 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Lance Armstrong of football.  rick roberts 2 days ago The Lance Armstrong of football. A common call from celtic fans desperate to try and overstate Rangers FC use of then-legal tax

...and entry to the lucrative Champions League... I've always suspected that the rush and process to get all this done, regardless of the consequences for others, has been the primary driving for

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

And she got her way for a long time. It was only once she didn't she shouted corruption.

There was no cry of corruption when the SPFL approved their temporary groundshare at Tynecastle and moved their fixtures around so they weren't scheduled to play at home because they forgot to order seats. Of course, oor Ann had a seat on the board when that was going on.

I'm not interested in her or Hearts.

Is it a closed shop unless you have an allegiance or leaning towards the scum?

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, The Dude said:

In that it's a closed shop? Only to those who dont get their way.

Robertson's complaints are similar. Sitting on a board for a year and waiting until youre on the way out before saying 'oh by the way, this lot are fucking hopeless/corrupt' doesn't really give you much credibility. It's a bit like dumping your bird then telling her she was ugly anyway.

FFS, could you not just have said that 20 pages ago?!

:mutley:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bluechip said:

That is fair enough in parts.

 

But why would you not write about a football club that has lied and cheated it's whole history. More recently to get to their tainted 8 3/4 titles, jogging along as if their the bees knees and untouchable. They are untouchable because people like you and your fellow press and media colleagues refuse to link it to how they have behaved the last 45 or more years and beyond. They have carte blanche to do as they like because they are unchallenged from all corners, press, media, politicians etc. etc. 

Because they arent Rangers. If you want to read about celtic, there's plenty other sites cater to it.

They should be closed down and stripped of all titles, if, as it will be proved, they covered up child abuse. 

Chelsea covered up child abuse (and admitted it). To date they havent been shut down.

So in summary, football club wins multiple football trophies while said football club hides its dark history. Why is that not connected to football writers writing about their footballing  history?  So you see a pattern here. Football is mentioned a lot. 

Again, it's nothing to do with Rangers.

The always cheated never defeated mantra about sums them up. Deny and deflect is how they survive. If you in any way had any sympathy for Rangers Football Club, then you would go after this corrupt football club with no mercy. 

If I had sympathy for Rangers I would write about child abuse at other clubs? Or just celtic?

I suppose it is hard to put your head above the parapet when you are unsure the reaction of their more diseased fanatics. They have previous for frightening referees, football players, relatives of family of CSA victims, etc. etc. 

I couldnt give a fuck if it annoys celtic fans. Theyve spent the last three years trying to get me sacked. Im far more concerned for the victims. Not to mention I'm a football writer, not a crime one. 

All this is IMHO. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Well I also defended BP9 from the mountains of hate he gets every time he posts.  He just doesn't post much anymore.

I step in to defend people when they are being dog piled.  I've done it for many members on this forum and will continue to do so.

I should just stay quiet and let the barrage of abuse continue aye?

Hit a wee nerve Gogzy😄.You do what your good at mate ..See lots of fellas taking abuse on here but he does seem to be your pet  .Just how I see it and thought it for yonks

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Is it yesterdays date on the article itself? Might be something to do with the RSS feed not pulling them quickly enough.

I will let you know next time I receive one but you know that you and Cameron (I think that's his name) have found the information elsewhere and therefore, it's not an exclusive and that makes it old news and certainly not journalism.

I'm sure you have watched Spotlight. Isn't it your dream to do undercover investigative work and come out with that one piece that no-one else has? 

To me, the movie version of Michael Keaton, Mark Ruffalo & Rachel McAdams was journalism at its best. You won't find it arguing with Bears 24/7, that's for sure.

I know, you've told me you are furloughed which would make your supposed David Roberston exclusive illegal. No?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

OK I dont know if he did or didn't.

My point being its unclear what he tried to change or influence in the first half of his year on the Board, and criticise him off the back of it. Maybe he could have resigned for that or other matters, or maybe it was safer to keep the seat at the table.

I've little time at all for Robertson, he's weak as fuck. But all this blatant shenanigans kicked off in March imo, its harsh to claim he did fuck all until on his way out. Thats unclear.

And I sern to have responded part reply to Dude on this reply to you. Fuck knows why I did that 😁

I can't remember what the number of consecutive meetings where they hadn't been approved were. I'm sure it was over 10. Some may have pre-dated his tenure. My view on this stuff is it is safer to be away from it by resigning in protest than being part of the mess, although the  most astonishing thing is that it seems the most of the member clubs thought this was all fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Having read the last few pages it seems this has ended as many predicted,  well done to you, I hoped when it went to court it might be different, but once the judge put it back to the SFA arbitration panel I feared the worst but still hoped for the best.

I was very stupid to keep the slightest of hope, it was always going to end like this I now realise. Once you have a panel chosen 'from a list appointed' by the SFA that you must pick your representative from and also the fact that the 3 person panel will be kept secret it means their verdict will never be challenged  and no one will know who made the decision means you can agree with the people who put you on the list and pay you for doing the job you get picked to do.

Two totally corrupt organisations in Scotland the SFA and SPFL run our game and we can do nothing about it, the cabal are now back in full control and we might as well get used to it.

I hope tomorrow this thread is closed, it is now no longer relevant, Hearts/PT have accepting it and we now wait for the next outrageous thing one or both of these organisations make us  hold our heads in our hands and think WTF. 

Amen to that!

mark1963 and Bears r us like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I will let you know next time I receive one but you know that you and Cameron (I think that's his name) have found the information elsewhere and therefore, it's not an exclusive and that makes it old news and certainly not journalism.

I'm sure you have watched Spotlight. Isn't it your dream to do undercover investigative work and come out with that one piece that no-one else has? 

To me, the movie version of Michael Keaton, Mark Ruffalo & Rachel McAdams was journalism at its best. You won't find it arguing with Bears 24/7, that's for sure.

I know, you've told me you are furloughed which would make your supposed David Roberston exclusive illegal. No?

Most stuff published anywhere isn't exclusive when theres a constant publishing cycle. Quotes often come from one source and are then reproduced elsewhere (unless its come from a presser etc when multiple sources will have the same quotes). That's nothing new and has been happening in journalism since before I was born.

No, that couldnt be further from my dream. My dream is to write about football, which is why I started to write about football rather than any other genre. If I wanted to do undercover investigative work, I'd have aimed for that. That said, I've come out with pieces that no-one else has throughout my career so far (coincidentally I applied for my first voluntary gig writing about fitba seven years ago today) and will no doubt come out with many more before I call it a day.

Not every journo has months at a time to work on an undercover story etc. Investigative journalism in and of itself is a little bit different tbh.

No wouldn't be illegal. Like I also said, I'm working one day a week this month as we gradually return from furlough. No idea why you've said 'supposed' exclusive. I posted the video on here the other day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I can't remember what the number of consecutive meetings where they hadn't been approved were. I'm sure it was over 10. Some may have pre-dated his tenure. My view on this stuff is it is safer to be away from it by resigning in protest than being part of the mess, although the  most astonishing thing is that it seems the most of the member clubs thought this was all fine.

15 I think.

He couldn't have been there for all as you say.  Resigning could have highlighted that issue but nothing would have happened. That turned out fairly trivial to all the post covid  corruption im glad we learned of for the dossier, we wouldn't if he'd left, evenif it was futile in the end.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Having read the last few pages it seems this has ended as many predicted,  well done to you, I hoped when it went to court it might be different, but once the judge put it back to the SFA arbitration panel I feared the worst but still hoped for the best.

I was very stupid to keep the slightest of hope, it was always going to end like this I now realise. Once you have a panel chosen 'from a list appointed' by the SFA that you must pick your representative from and also the fact that the 3 person panel will be kept secret it means their verdict will never be challenged  and no one will know who made the decision means you can agree with the people who put you on the list and pay you for doing the job you get picked to do.

Two totally corrupt organisations in Scotland the SFA and SPFL run our game and we can do nothing about it, the cabal are now back in full control and we might as well get used to it.

I hope tomorrow this thread is closed, it is now no longer relevant, Hearts/PT have accepting it and we now wait for the next outrageous thing one or both of these organisations make us  hold our heads in our hands and think WTF. 

Hearts/Partick picked one of the three and both sides had to agree on the third. The panel was also made up of QCs. Any impropriety could see them struck off. Hearts and Partick know who they are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Upcoming Events

    • 06 December 2020 12:00 Until 14:00
      0  
      Ross County v Rangers
      Global Energy Stadium
      Scottish Premiership
      Live on Sky Sports Football

×
×
  • Create New...