Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

why would money not change that?

Because if we swap one defensive mid for another, the likelyhood is we'll still play the same one dimensional way that restricts the chances of us spreading the goals amongst the team

Even walter had more goalscoring threats

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

We getting the Transfer Forum back soon lads (and ladette)? @gogzy @GabrielTomato @DBBTB @Sparkle

When the transfer window opens mate.  If we are linked to a player then start a thread in here for the time being.  Might give us something new to talk about in BD :lol:

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Because if we swap one defensive mid for another, the likelyhood is we'll still play the same one dimensional way that restricts the chances of us spreading the goals amongst the team

Even walter had more goalscoring threats

The difference being we would have an extra... lets say 4m (Kamara) for the like for like midfielders. Add 2m more and we get a decent right winger for 6m.

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The difference being we would have an extra... lets say 4m (Kamara) for the like for like midfielders. Add 2m more and we get a decent right winger for 6m.

It doesnt matter who we buy for right wing, our team isnt set up to get goals across the board, 

Walter played with a striker, a number 10, two wide mids who pushed right into the box and a box to box mid,

Gerrard plays with a striker, two number tens who seemingly dont get near the box, and two attacking fullbacks who, even if they do get up and support, wont be battering defenders out the way in the box

At home, against everyone bar the tarriers we should be playing a 4132, actually put men in the opposition box, not 3 mids fannying around the halfway line while one striker deals with a penalty box that has 4 defenders in it

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

It doesnt matter who we buy for right wing, our team isnt set up to get goals across the board, 

Walter played with a striker, a number 10, two wide mids who pushed right into the box and a box to box mid,

Gerrard plays with a striker, two number tens who seemingly dont get near the box, and two attacking fullbacks who, even if they do get up and support, wont be battering defenders out the way in the box

At home, against everyone bar the tarriers we should be playing a 4132, actually put men in the opposition box, not 3 mids fannying around the halfway line while one striker deals with a penalty box that has 4 defenders in it

All I said is buy an attacking right-winger that can score with the Kamara money. Stay negative if you want to or look at ways to improve the squad.

5 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Gerrard doesn't play with wingers

So why do people say Arfield, Hagi & Aribo are wasted playing out wide if they didn't actually play out wide?

And I actually agree that the gaffer doesn't use wingers properly.

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

All I said is buy an attacking right-winger that can score with the Kamara money. Stay negative if you want to or look at ways to improve the squad.

Ive just told you a way to improve the squad lol, playing 3 sitting cm's at home to shite like killie is dung, we should treat the rest of Scottish football with the contempt it deserves and plah two strikers, play 3 attacking mids, stop being afraid of them

Fact is can we trust gerrard to spend wisely, last season he brought in jones, hastie, ojo, barker, kent, while having middleton and to an extent candieas, 7 wingers then proceeded to play a system that doesnt use them

Teams sussed us out by winter, and they'll do the same again if he doesnt try something different 

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

So why do people say Arfield, Hagi & Aribo are wasted playing out wide if they didn't actually play out wide?

Because they are asked to start out wide, take the ball with a defender booting lumps out of them from behind, and come inside 

Arfields best attributes was to push up through the centre and support the striker, hagi and likely Aribo look like the type of guys that should be floating about getting pockets of space between opponents midfield and defence, so they can link up with morelos, play off him, or get the ball and drive towards the opposition backline

Instead we get guys like davis, kamara etc giving them the ball and providing no forward support, so they need to hold on to the ball until our fullback gets up the park instead, 

15 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Players should be looking for space to accept a pass and with  teams playing  so narrow against us the only space is out wide

3 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Players should be looking for space to accept a pass and with  teams playing  so narrow against us the only space is out wide

The reason those three had to cut inside mate is because they are not wingers and that is where the gaffer got it wrong. go and sign a proper right-winger.

I get the impression everyone wants to be a #10 in our team.

18 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Yup. I've seen him have some fantastic games against celtic and in Europe ... then would go to Dens Park or Tynecastle and cost us a goal being a dizzy bastard. 

Hamilton at ibrox, fucking amoruso the 2nd

50k Kamara last January to around October time I keep, after that he we truly brutal and like aribo struggled to show any fight, both passengers and luxury players at time towards the end.. both struggled under the pressure, tavnerier, goldson, who else buckled?

People forget our collapse could have been serious enough to see Gerrard dissapear and that squad fall part even more, COVID 19 has gave gerrard another full year imo to get it right.

COVID19 will dictate every single decision made ofr the next full year atleast... 

10 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Looking at that squad we still have plenty of trimming to do, especially that LW. RW is a disaster. 

At least Jordan knows the script with Goldson....

Out of all those players for RW and LW only Kent is good enough, that’s a joke and it’s not even with hindsight plenty people myself included said the likes of Barker, Jones, Stewart and Hastie weren’t good enough, our recruitment for these positions has been shambolic, let’s hope Wilson does a better job than Allen 

18 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Looking at that squad we still have plenty of trimming to do, especially that LW. RW is a disaster. 

At least Jordan knows the script with Goldson....

We need a CM, RW and a striker. 

That LW outside of kent can all be sold. 

Jones, Barker, Murphy, Hastie, Stewart, Davis, Docherty could all go tomorrow and not be missed contribute nothing to the squad, I’d be moving as many of these on as possible. 

Kamara, Tav and Goldson i’d sell and look to replace if any decent offers come in.

Not included any of the youngsters as I can’t see many breaking through next season, probably loan deals best for them, including both McCrorie’s(last chance for Ross though) 

1 hour ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Jones, Barker, Murphy, Hastie, Stewart, Davis, Docherty could all go tomorrow and not be missed contribute nothing to the squad, I’d be moving as many of these on as possible. 

Kamara, Tav and Goldson i’d sell and look to replace if any decent offers come in.

Not included any of the youngsters as I can’t see many breaking through next season, probably loan deals best for them, including both McCrorie’s(last chance for Ross though) 

We’re not going to be able to move on 6-7 players who will be on high wages and not good enough for our first team.

Hopefully, if Wilson can move on Barker, Hastie (on loan) and Docherty, we can free up some wages. Stewart/Jones/Davis could be useful if used correctly, but none can be classed as starters.

Murphy I feel has shown enough to be given another chance 

2 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

We’re not going to be able to move on 6-7 players who will be on high wages and not good enough for our first team.

Hopefully, if Wilson can move on Barker, Hastie (on loan) and Docherty, we can free up some wages. Stewart/Jones/Davis could be useful if used correctly, but none can be classed as starters.

Murphy I feel has shown enough to be given another chance 

It’s the DOF job to move them on, Murphy, Jones and Docherty we should be able to shift easy enough they will have interest in them, getting rid of Barker, Stewart  and Hastie will be harder and I fear we may be stuck with Davis due to his age.
None of these players are good enough a few goals for Murphy in a pish league one doesn’t change this. 

Archived