Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

He’s not better than Turnbull well pre injury anyway, Turnbull was hitting double figures from midfield for a pish Motherwell side 

I would take a gamble on Turnbull. Looks like the best young Scottish player of the generation.

1 minute ago, Blue_Devil said:

The new Dorrans. Playing in the EPL doesn't automatically make you good enough. He is behind Brown and McGregor for Scotland, so chances are he would be behind them on the park.

Brown has retired welcome to 2020 in other news there's this bug going around the globe atm be careful

16 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

The new Dorrans. Playing in the EPL doesn't automatically make you good enough. He is behind Brown and McGregor for Scotland, so chances are he would be behind them on the park.

Like how Davie Robertson was the best Scottish left back of his time but didn’t get a game ahead of Tom Boyd. 

Nothing to so with ability and all to do with management opinions. 

31 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

I never said it did and Brown doesn’t play for Scotland..

5 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Really hope we don't waste money on Hickey. Think he is vastly overrated. Kenny McLean is another one I don't rate. 

The madness of some people suggesting Ross McCrorie for CB also. Did people see him for us at CB? Jamie Murphy is another one who people somehow think is going to be a big player. For me he is passed it and a spell in the arse end of England isn't going to convince me otherwise 

I'm a right moody bastard this morning.

What do you mean this morning m8🤣🤣

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Demanding way more is what happens when big clubs approach teams about players mate it will always happen.

I agree about the lack of talent floating around but those that are about we should be trying to get.

Ferguson I don't think is worth more than 2million my issue is these days we don't even try to negotiate etc we fuck around.

If we bid it'll probably be around 800k cause that's how we approach shit these days

A bit of a contradiction m8....you say you really rate Ferguson but then say he isn't worth anymore than £2million....you don't get much for £2million in the modern day market m8👍

15 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I wonder if he chose them over us or perhaps our interest was just paper talk?

Possibly paper talk. Lazy journalism linking Gerrard with an LFC player out of contract ? Looks a decent player. Nantes finished 13th in Ligue 1, so he certainly isn't going there for medals or European football.

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

That's rubbish mate your kidding yourself on 

Lewis Ferguson wouldn't make there bench hes a better player than Turnbull who they wanted last summer

Question marks about how Turnbull will recover from his injury. But pre injury Turnbull is on a different level to Ferguson. 

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

Question marks about how Turnbull will recover from his injury. But pre injury Turnbull is on a different level to Ferguson. 

I honestly thought at the time that Turnbull would be the best of a generation. Injury may have ruined him?  Blessing at the time as the fenians had won that battle. 

Find it almost unbelievable that someone would assume Lewis Ferguson would be better.

People rate Turnb

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Only ever seen them both against us and Ferguson was miles better. Turnbull was fucking wank against us and gave away at least 2 of the three goals in the 3-0 game at Fir Park iirc

Spot on. He was gash.

People rate Turnbull because of his goal return and work around the box which is admirable but he isn't great at the dirty work and ball winning/retention, something Ferguson does really well.

Archived