Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Broxi said:

Do they? Genuinely can't think of anybody other than Fleck which was 10 years ago and he took ages to come good later. 

Yeah you end up hearing about them joining some pish first division outfit after us. They have never made it because they are poor players 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Yeah you end up hearing about them joining some pish first division outfit after us. They have never made it because they are poor players 

Either that or Murty has a selection of Premier League ready players he's keeping secret for his next interim spell

Also Patterson was not 'great' against Stranraer. 

Like every single time a youth player plays, great instantly replaces the word competent. 

He was solid and put a couple of crosses in, he did absolutely nothing special whatsoever. I'm not knocking the boy at all, like I said he did his job. To claim he was great is just the usual over-hyping the youth nonsense for making a 5 yard pass. 

16 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Like every single time a youth player plays, great instantly replaces the word competent. 

He was solid and put a couple of crosses in, he did absolutely nothing special whatsoever. I'm not knocking the boy at all, like I said he did his job. To claim he was great is just the usual over-hyping the youth nonsense for making a 5 yard pass. 

Until he got booked he was the best player in the park and then went into his shell. 

12 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Went on a few good driving runs forward too. Played with confidence, imagination  and ambition which the rest of the team lacked that particular game. Unfortunate to be dropped for next game was the general consensus as far as I remember.

Think there’s over-hyping a youth player, then there’s under-selling them too. It was a crap game but he was great compared to his lacklustre teammates.

8 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Went on a few good driving runs forward too. Played with confidence, imagination  and ambition which the rest of the team lacked that particular game. Unfortunate to be dropped for next game was the general consensus as far as I remember.

Think there’s over-hyping a youth player, then there’s under-selling them too. It was a crap game but he was great compared to his lacklustre teammates.

He played very well and was our top one or two performers on the night. Dont think he could have done much more on a debut, when so many others dropped levels. He especially drove us forward, 1st half. 

Tough crowd on a young lad. 

21 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He played very well and was our top one or two performers on the night. Dont think he could have done much more on a debut, when so many others dropped levels. He especially drove us forward, 1st half. 

Tough crowd on a young lad. 

Tbf, either of us could’ve been our top performer, we were beyond dreadful

20 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Tbf, either of us could’ve been our top performer, we were beyond dreadful

Aye, but I was busy skelping my weans for giving the middle finger to Stranraer fans whilst you munched the equivalent bodyweight of their supporters in Rangers burgers.

The boy played well ffs 😁

On 12/06/2020 at 07:56, eskbankloyal said:

Re: McLean he seems to have broken into the Norwich team now so unlikely to be a goer.

We’re trying to sign a midfielder miles ahead of McLean & all the other garbage we’ve been linked with. Isn’t a household name or one many would recognise but he’s absolutely top notch and just what we need.

Hate doing this as I normally share everything I can but I can’t say anymore cause the club are keeping their business low key but suspect it’ll end up in the press over the next few days/week

Its been a few days and no media has caught on to your rumour @eskbankloyal, fancy just letting us know? 🤣🤣 I'll happily take a DM. 😘

3 hours ago, OzGers said:

Its been a few days and no media has caught on to your rumour @eskbankloyal, fancy just letting us know? 🤣🤣 I'll happily take a DM. 😘

Fuck that man, if he’s as good as being made out and the club are doing their utmost to do low key business then we should just be patient, posts like this from eskbank just give us a little bit of excitement/hope 

18 hours ago, Marky. said:

He was never gonna play against st mirren as flanagan needed game time before tynecastle

And patterson was never gonna play at tynecastle as we had already been shite there once and had the ability to be shite there twice (and a third as it turned out) 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

He was never gonna play against st mirren as flanagan needed game time before tynecastle

And patterson was never gonna play at tynecastle as we had already been shite there once and had the ability to be shite there twice (and a third as it turned out) 

I agree entirely. Circumstantially, he was never likely to play on from Stranraer, but that was indeed unfortunate, as his performance wouldn't have suggested he needed dropped anyway.

5 minutes ago, Marky. said:

I agree entirely. Circumstantially, he was never likely to play on from Stranraer, but that was indeed unfortunate, as his performance wouldn't have suggested he needed dropped anyway.

The stranraer game is a red herring, given just how shite they were and how they werent even interested in attacking, its alright saying Patterson did well going forward etc, but he was never tested once at the back 

I still say flanagan should have got all the game time before tynecastle, and even the full 90 there as well, hearts bitch slapped us around the place that second half and we severely lacked anyone who could bite back

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The stranraer game is a red herring, given just how shite they were and how they werent even interested in attacking, its alright saying Patterson did well going forward etc, but he was never tested once at the back 

I still say flanagan should have got all the game time before tynecastle, and even the full 90 there as well, hearts bitch slapped us around the place that second half and we severely lacked anyone who could bite back

Don’t disagree with you. Think the manager was in a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation. I do think St Mirren would likely sit back in the same way that Stranraer did, maybe not quite to the same extent but I don’t recall us tested. That being said, things were just poor all round from the team at that period of time, I‘m trying not to recall any of it! 😅

9 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

He should’ve been booted out the door before being considering, he’s dreadful

Regarding Paterson, ibrox is a awful place to try and break through as a youth player too much pressure, too much of the fans not willing to accept that young players will make mistakes. Hopefully he gets a good loan move where he plays. 

Archived