Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Colombian media reporting Morelos is close to signing for Leicester 

Always thought this would happen. 

Rodgers clearly rates him and has self belief that he can control him. 

Hopefully we get as much money as possible.

1 minute ago, GabrielTomato said:

Always thought this would happen. 

Rodgers clearly rates him and has self belief that he can control him. 

Hopefully we get as much money as possible.

If it’s a club like Leicester it’s probably too good a price to turn down. 

Being honest, as much as we all love him, he can go. We’ve not won a trophy with him in the side, his record against the Taigs is woeful and he goes missing from January onwards.

Shame, because he’s a hell of a player from July-December...

I honestly think he’s a busted flush for us with the Scottish media and everyone else gunning for him.

It will be painful but I think if we invest the money we receive for him he will be better away from us and we’ll be better off without him.

It will be nice to have some flexibility and unpredictability back in the team, it will do us good... unless we sign another inflexible and unstoppable striker who can only operate on his own.

Es tiempo de la información deportiva en 'Señal de la Mañana' junto a Camilo Pérez. Alfredo Morelos llegaría al Leicester de Inglaterra. Estamos al aire en ‘Señal de la Mañana’ por

It is time for sports information in 'Señal de la Mañana' with Camilo Pérez. Alfredo Morelos would arrive at Leicester in England. We are on the air in ‘Sign of the Morning’ for

3 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

Fekir apparently coming in mate

No another short ass , we need someone who can really lead the line unless we are changing the system to two up front and  the wee Fekir can play alongside  a real centre forward he will struggle  against the dreaded parked bus .

https://colombia.as.com/colombia/2020/06/13/futbol/1592081904_453829.html

The vast majority of clubs in the world are experiencing difficult times on economic issues. That is why several will have to sell to their stars, knowing that they will not be able to demand the same value that they asked for before the pandemic. According to the Scottish press, Rangers would be thinking of selling Alfredo Morelos for half his value.

A few weeks ago the sports director of the club, Ross Wilson, had said that the team would have no desire to sell the Colombian, however, with the crisis that thought would have changed. Rangers were originally willing to sell it for € 30 million, but now they would not miss out on an offer of € 15 million.

Photo by Alfredo Morelos

Alfredo Morelos

Rangers Forward Colombia

Statistics

Leicester, first candidate

The Daily Star reported that Leicester asked about the Buffalo. The English team would be interested in the Colombian player and with the new value he could sign him for next season. Brendan Rodgers, coach of the English, knows the Colombian striker, as he faced him several times when he was a celtic coach.

Alfredo Morelos will wait for the best offer for now. The Premier League would be the closest destination, however, Atlético de Madrid also sounds. The Buffalo would like to be in the elite of European football. In Rangers he has already managed to be a scorer, recently was nominated for best player of the year and was the ideal XI of the season.

1 minute ago, Always Rangers said:

https://colombia.as.com/colombia/2020/06/13/futbol/1592081904_453829.html

The vast majority of clubs in the world are experiencing difficult times on economic issues. That is why several will have to sell to their stars, knowing that they will not be able to demand the same value that they asked for before the pandemic. According to the Scottish press, Rangers would be thinking of selling Alfredo Morelos for half his value.

A few weeks ago the sports director of the club, Ross Wilson, had said that the team would have no desire to sell the Colombian, however, with the crisis that thought would have changed. Rangers were originally willing to sell it for € 30 million, but now they would not miss out on an offer of € 15 million.

Photo by Alfredo Morelos

Alfredo Morelos

Rangers Forward Colombia

Statistics

Leicester, first candidate

The Daily Star reported that Leicester asked about the Buffalo. The English team would be interested in the Colombian player and with the new value he could sign him for next season. Brendan Rodgers, coach of the English, knows the Colombian striker, as he faced him several times when he was a celtic coach.

Alfredo Morelos will wait for the best offer for now. The Premier League would be the closest destination, however, Atlético de Madrid also sounds. The Buffalo would like to be in the elite of European football. In Rangers he has already managed to be a scorer, recently was nominated for best player of the year and was the ideal XI of the season.

If they are quoting from the Daily Star then I’ll file under garbage 

3 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

No another short ass , we need someone who can really lead the line unless we are changing the system to two up front and  the wee Fekir can play alongside  a real centre forward he will struggle  against the dreaded parked bus .

Morelos height, or lack of, has had absolutely zero effect on his ability to lead the line for us. He’s run plenty of centre halves with five or six inches on him in height absolutely ragged with his workrate and physicality. 

Would rather employ peter tobin as my odd job man than trust Rogers.
I would think it was a ruse to unsettle Alfie and his beloved tramps get 9 out of 10 titles.
Believe it when the cheque clears through the bank account.
We just stiffed Leicester of a £3million rated player for cross border development fee quoted at 250K.

Still hope he stays for 55 and is giving them the hand across the neck (it's over gesture) around March 2021.

I think if we sold Alfredo and our system changes, depending on his fitness, we might be able to squeeze a bit more out of Defoe. 

Personally I think it’s difficult for our players to switch from our long standing one man up front target man who can gather any old hoof ball or cross into him, to: playing through balls into the feet of our main striker and moving the ball around the box quickly and intelligently.

This is why I think Defoe struggled the few times he was given a chance, our players didn’t know how to properly feed him - or play with two up front.

All I know for sure though is the same thing hasn’t worked for two years and it would be stupid not to change our approach. I’m not saying there’s been absolutely no progress, but I’ll only see real progress when we lift 55

Archived