Ferry with Big Wes

Misteral

11 minutes ago, LV said:

He did injure himself in that match.

I dont think Gerrard would hold it against him. He himself got sent off after about 40 seconds once. More likely is that he didn't shown enough in training or was off the pace on his return. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

I dont think Gerrard would hold it against him. He himself got sent off after about 40 seconds once. More likely is that he didn't shown enough in training or was off the pace on his return. 

Did you watch that match ? His wild tackle done his knee he was out until December .

Just now, LV said:

Did you watch that match ? His wild tackle done his knee he was out until December .

I was at it. It was an idiotic tackle and didn't help us at all. My point was that Gerrard probably didn't judge him too harshly on the tackle alone - more that he's not shown enough when he returned to fitness. As others have said he was making a real difference in some of the early season games, it would be good to see him get back to that level. 

Honestly will never understand fans slating certain players.

Nothing but respect for Wes. He came in, did a job in the Championship. I remember even before McGregor had signed that he was one of the only players in the squad that most people said they'd be happy with still having in the team. We had the chance to sign McGregor for free which we were obviously going to take. Bad luck for Wes but he has remained an absolute constant professional while not playing, and if you believe what he says about Gerrard then all the more reason to be impressed. 

If a player comes and gives it 100% and acts professionally then I will have absolutely nothing bad to say about them

• 2 weeks later...

Archived