Ferry with Big Wes

Misteral

Only watched half so far.

Comes across as a very likable guy and always gave his all. 

Always remember when i was in the broomloan and Wes kept trying to pass it when there was no pass on (obviously Warburtons directive). It was fairly common, but one week was particularly bad. The whole stand was screaming 'GET IT TAE FUCK' - well it was the family stand! He looked petrified as he wanted to hoof it but couldnt.1

The next game he came out and didnt clap the fans as he normally did, big Wes in a cream puff😂😂

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, wully said:

The save from nae neck is as good as anything ive seen.

Good keeper and likeable big guy. Also very professional if he's being treated like that by Gerrard and still answering the call when required. Good luck to the big man.

11 hours ago, dee9 said:

Doesn't seem like he has much time for gerrard.

Claiming he didn't allow him to train with the rest of the squad. 

I don't understand that. Only thing that makes sense with that treatment is if he's a bad influence or he's disrespected the manager or something like that - which to my knowledge he hasn't?

I think it's bad management, because if you need to call on him, he's had no involvement with his team mates in training, maybe doesn't respect the manager, has a bad taste in his mouth etc and a goalkeeper at Rangers you might not have a shot to save for an hour but need to maintain concentration and pull off a worldly out of nothing. 

It's not a good move.

I don't watch these interviews cos Ferry is a wee taig bastard - but does he say why he didn't allow him to train with the squad? 

3 hours ago, Cedrick said:

The Pedro goalie coach after all the shambles of his sessions joining in a training game and being unreal was funny 👍🏻😂, good to hear he couldn’t speak highly enough of Greegs on and off the park, must be hard for these lads to grit their teeth and show respect towards the fans when the treatment he took was a fucking disgrace 

If he done what McGregor does 90% of the time there would be riots in the stands 😂

He served a purpose but ultimately we had to upgrade. Looking back at his time with us he never stepped out of line or disrespected the club. As a no2 he was always a capable backup and reliable enough to call on. 

I wish him all the best but our focus should now be on Robbie McCrorie and seeing where he fits in long term. 

6 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

He served a purpose but ultimately we had to upgrade. Looking back at his time with us he never stepped out of line or disrespected the club. As a no2 he was always a capable backup and reliable enough to call on. 

I wish him all the best but our focus should now be on Robbie McCrorie and seeing where he fits in long term. 

B49CBE4F-1676-4064-9D78-82CE25944E97.jpeg

11 hours ago, wully said:

The save from nae neck is as good as anything ive seen.

He was the right type of signing at the time, good pedigree winning the league with Swindon, England 19s, and Premier league youth teams background,  good type of bosman back in the championship. He will plat championship level and wouldnt be suprised to see him at QPR.

For my lifetime ive lucky enough to have seen great central defence partnerships, however wes had the likes of Russel fucking Martin and Davie Bates infront of him we have to remember....

14 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Decent from open goal to clarify that. Enjoy listening to the podcasts, always very fair IMO 

Naw I’m no having that, fair? Kevin Kyle and Si Ferry canny wait to slaughter us. Only cunt that speaks decent of us is Slaney. 

Ive patched it ever since Oli McBurnies favourite old firm game was the 3-2 win at the piggery when Aluko scored the opener and the place fell silent. 

10 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Have to say, Si Ferry comes across pretty well in all these interviews. I don’t get the impression he’s that bothered about the taigs either, despite playing for them at youth level 

This. Seems very interested in our former players’ careers and tries to get as much detail as possible. 

As some say, we needed to upgrade and once McGregor was back the writing was on the wall.

it’s a shame majority of his time here that be had awful defensive partnerships.  

Gerrard probably thought he was too laid-back and not showing enough signs of being an out’n’out winner.  Didn’t mind him as a guy at all, decent keeper but could probably see why he might give off that persona.

Another serial loser who would never have been near our club in normal circumstances. Don't have any ill feeling towards him, but couldn't give a fuck now that he's gone either. 

Think that just leaves our shitebag "captain" as the last of the bargain basement dross brought in by Warburton and Frank "the best in the business" Mcparland.

1 hour ago, CR3 said:

Gerrard probably thought he was too laid-back and not showing enough signs of being an out’n’out winner.  Didn’t mind him as a guy at all, decent keeper but could probably see why he probably gives off that persona.

I think it also shows why Gerrard gets through so many players as a manager. 

One criticism of him has to be that he makes judgements on players without giving them a chance/after 1 mistake. Whilst Wes doesn’t fall into that category, the likes of Jones, Katic, Murphy, Doherty do.

Jones in particular is a strange one, playing well and makes a bad error of judgement in an important game. Then gets bombed out of the squad full stop, despite some great performances e.g. Midytland 

1 hour ago, plymouthranger said:

Jones in particular is a strange one, playing well and makes a bad error of judgement in an important game. Then gets bombed out of the squad full stop, despite some great performances e.g. Midytland 

He did injure himself in that match.

Archived