What ever happened to rosettes?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, real boydie9 said:

The evening citizen was a great paper for giving out free souvenirs for big games. 

Screenshot_20210213_123529.jpg

Evening-Citizen-Poster-Rangers-Sandy-Jar

Here's some more, managed to filter out some horrible green and white ones that they did.

https://www.google.com/search?q=evening+citizen+posters+rangers+&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjZiIPm8ObuAhWgBGMBHadoB7QQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=evening+citizen+posters+rangers+&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQA1DkgAZY2owGYNCQBmgAcAB4AIABXogBiAWSAQE5mAEAoAEBqgELZ3dzLXdpei1pbWfAAQE&sclient=img&ei=m8gnYJnPBqCJjLsPp9GdoAs&bih=649&biw=1366&rlz=1CATTSD_enGB940&safe=strict

On 21/06/2020 at 06:02, The Widow's Son said:

I know that fashions and tastes change in almost everything - these days, you notice practically every fan wears a team jersey from one era or another, many the latest offering.  If you look at old pictures, you see quite a few of the punters wearing shirt and tie, plenty of bunnets, the odd pipe too.  And what ever happened to rosettes?  I had a Rangers rosette all those years ago and many others did too - you almost never see a Rangers rosette these days although I have seen some tasty King William rosettes through the years.  And those heavy wooden "rickets" that made such a noise when you swung them.  Come away the Rangers!!

Same as the flags that were at the half way lines many years ago. Confined to History.

On 21/06/2020 at 12:02, The Widow's Son said:

I know that fashions and tastes change in almost everything - these days, you notice practically every fan wears a team jersey from one era or another, many the latest offering.  If you look at old pictures, you see quite a few of the punters wearing shirt and tie, plenty of bunnets, the odd pipe too.  And what ever happened to rosettes?  I had a Rangers rosette all those years ago and many others did too - you almost never see a Rangers rosette these days although I have seen some tasty King William rosettes through the years.  And those heavy wooden "rickets" that made such a noise when you swung them.  Come away the Rangers!!

It became uncool 😄like all the old codgers like us 😉

On 13/02/2021 at 12:48, My Fathers Scarf said:

Was it the pink times that came out at 6pm on a Saturday with all the match reports on it. Tried to google for a picture of it.

It was your Saturday night after a big game .Fucking loved it 

Getting pissed up the park with a bag on cans ,best mates and copy of this .Those days 🥰

Archived