A tenner to have you cardboard cutout in the stand

53 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Theres only so many times you can go to the well before it dryed up, they still have there biggest revenue stream in ST's coming in plus there will be virtually no operating costs until we start filling the stadium, my expectations will never lessen but a bit of reality in this situation goes a long way. 

If we need to sell a star player to fund ourselves then so be it, this is what we need to do now whether you like it or not. 

There's not only so many times, much of it is optional so its down to the individual.

Most would renew STs, I get that. Merchandise is purely optional. Spend as much or as little as you want. I've bought two kids strips, others won't have bought anything. Mygers is far from perfect, but as a cost for me if I deduct my TC 20 bucks then its only another score which hopefully gets me more chance of the tickets I want- finals/semis and euro. I'm happy to pay that twenty. I'll maybe get my kids their pics on this mural, don't know yet.  But why shouldn't the club make options for me to decide on how to spend my money? 

We still have our squad and management wages plus loads of other staffing costs. Payroll is what, 2/3 of our season's overall revenue? Take out hospitality, some sponsorship, matchday income and there will be a huge whole to fill. And bear in mind there was talk of there being a shortfall last season so it'll be worse yet this season.

I'd rather the club came up with options for raising income than failed to buy a needed player or sold a top player. Your way lessens our chances of winning a much needed title.

That's the reality of it.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

There's not only so many times, much of it is optional so its down to the individual.

Most would renew STs, I get that. Merchandise is purely optional. Spend as much or as little as you want. I've bought two kids strips, others won't have bought anything. Mygers is far from perfect, but as a cost for me if I deduct my TC 20 bucks then its only another score which hopefully gets me more chance of the tickets I want- finals/semis and euro. I'm happy to pay that twenty. I'll maybe get my kids their pics on this mural, don't know yet.  But why shouldn't the club make options for me to decide on how to spend my money? 

We still have our squad and management wages plus loads of other staffing costs. Payroll is what, 2/3 of our season's overall revenue? Take out hospitality, some sponsorship, matchday income and there will be a huge whole to fill. And bear in mind there was talk of there being a shortfall last season so it'll be worse yet this season.

I'd rather the club came up with options for raising income than failed to buy a needed player or sold a top player. Your way lessens our chances of winning a much needed title.

That's the reality of it.

Like I said in a previous post im hardly outraged by it just seem's like time and time again there asking for money off people who have already giving the club so much, I personally think they should have gave the option to ST holders to go on the mosaic for nothing and anybody else that wants in needs to pay it. 

I think the fact MYGERS has been a bit of a farce so far hasn't helped the current feeling of animosity. 

1 minute ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Like I said in a previous post im hardly outraged by it just seem's like time and time again there asking for money off people who have already giving the club so much, I personally think they should have gave the option to ST holders to go on the mosaic for nothing and anybody else that wants in needs to pay it. 

I think the fact MYGERS has been a bit of a farce so far hasn't helped the current feeling of animosity. 

The mosaic is for the SJ front. Weve 45k ST holders.  There likely wouldn't be space for everyone. Maybe we should make more mosaics,  all at the clubs expense? Then the complaints come in about wasting money that could be spent on salaries and transfers.

Or the club offer it to folk at a tenner a go and those interested will whilst those disinterested don't. Almost certainly at no cost to the club.

Spot on about mygers, I've said that's behind much of the general animosity I see at the moment.

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The mosaic is for the SJ front. Weve 45k ST holders.  There likely wouldn't be space for everyone. Maybe we should make more mosaics,  all at the clubs expense? Then the complaints come in about wasting money that could be spent on salaries and transfers.

Or the club offer it to folk at a tenner a go and those interested will whilst those disinterested don't. Almost certainly at no cost to the club.

Spot on about mygers, I've said that's behind much of the general animosity I see at the moment.

Your correct about there being to much to put on it but they are hardly going to be out of pocket making a couple of banners. 

Really liked the suggestion someone made about letting the RSC's in to put flags and banners around the stadium but that doesn't seem to be happening. 

18 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Your correct about there being to much to put on it but they are hardly going to be out of pocket making a couple of banners. 

Really liked the suggestion someone made about letting the RSC's in to put flags and banners around the stadium but that doesn't seem to be happening. 

Mate to make waterproof banners that burns images of tens of thousands onto them would be a fortune. Its not needed if some fans are happy to pay.

I liked that idea too, but operationally I'm not so sure. Would clubs from all over the UK, NI etc send it and leave it at the club, or bring it down before each game? Leaving it out permanently wouldn't work, you know some wee beggar scroat would break in just to steal / ruin them. Maybe UB could store them and display / remove them at each game.

My 9mnth old grandson is in another country. I have a pic of him in a Rangers kit. I've gone for the fan mosaic so he can be there 'in some way'.

Also aware many fans can't or don't want to participate but, personally, I'm glad I can do this for him and the Club.

Hoping the Club make a photo available of the whole mosaic so people can look for their pics. (Don't fancy trying to freeze Sportscene every 2 seconds)

Each to their own...and hope everyone comes out of this mess in  good way.

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Surely the least the club can do is send you a wee email saying you're roughly in this section of the stand? Cunts be pausing their teles every 3 seconds watching

😂

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Cannae see it myself but ma da has sent a picture of the dog in :lol: Obviously the most Rangers da hing ever but he's convinced they'll give you a rough idea of where your picture is haha

😂, class mate 👍🏻😂, hope it’s the front row 😂

although not my cup of tea, I don't have an issue with this. The club won't be making gate receipts  for the foreseeable and have to be creative in retail sales, its not that different to the buy a brick scheme they did (May well still do, idk) I'm sure there's bears abroad, foreign bears or bears with kids that would love something like this. 

Hope morelos and the queen paid their tenner, though

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Looks pish. Individual images look too small and Im not sure the angle will allow for folk to make out faces if the camera pans over that way during a game.

No the best.

Aye it’s poor mate 

3 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Shite 

6516F85B-3BC6-461D-A741-FF7BF54DF7DD.png

Folk greeting about the club trying to gain revenue with little things like this are laughable. So, however, is that. Half-arsed rubbish. 

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Folk greeting about the club trying to gain revenue with little things like this are laughable. So, however, is that. Half-arsed rubbish. 

Arguing with yerself there mate 😂

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

Arguing with yerself there mate 😂

Lol. Wouldn't be the first time.

No really mate, the club should be doing things like this, just not fucking it up when they do. Looks stupit. 

Archived