Stewart Robertson.... Again

falkirkNS

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Certainly no ignorance on my part. While some might want to claim certain parts of the British Army's history for the UVF. The UVF were no more part of the Army as Hearts or Falkirk were..

mate we don't all have to agree on the uvf but there's countless songs about they guys sacrifices and historical references to.them in songs and literature 

3 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

You give off heavy mass shooter vibes mate 😂 take a day off from the internet.

I am ex Army if that helps, i only do the "Internet" forum as this every few days if lucky, unlike the dude, who seems like he has Rangers media notifications every second of  a 24 period along beside his shite antagonising military history spout.  

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

mate we don't all have to agree on the uvf but there's countless songs about they guys sacrifices and historical references to.them in songs and literature 

Mate, I've absolutely no issue agreeing that the sacrifice made by them sits alongside any others and in no way am I trying to take away from that. But to say the UVF was a 'legitimate' part of the British Army during WWI isn't accurate. Many of its members signed up but the same can be said of many groups across the county who signed up and fought alongside friends, neighbours, colleagues, political allies, team-mates and all sorts of others they were linked. 

Either way, there's also songs sung about the modern version, which to my original point is a proscribed terrorist group which was the complaint about BLM. 

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Mate, I've absolutely no issue agreeing that the sacrifice made by them sits alongside any others and in no way am I trying to take away from that. But to say the UVF was a 'legitimate' part of the British Army during WWI isn't accurate. Many of its members signed up but the same can be said of many groups across the county who signed up and fought alongside friends, neighbours, colleagues, political allies, team-mates and all sorts of others they were linked. 

Either way, there's also songs sung about the modern version, which to my original point is a proscribed terrorist group which was the complaint about BLM. 

Maybe shouldn't jump in half way through then am away ae bed 🤣

4 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Youll be here all fucking night wi that wan mate, enjoy and good night

Just pointing out a fact.  This debate has been had year on year on this forum and he will always point to the modern version during the troubles. 

14 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

They were a legitimate part of the British Army commissioned by Kitchener himself. 

They weren't. There's no disputing many of their members joined the 36th Ulster Division but there were also many who weren't in the UVF. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They weren't. There's no disputing many of their members joined the 36th Ulster Division but there were also many who weren't in the UVF. 

A very large percentage came from the UVF , which became the Ulster Army made up mainly of young men from the Shankill area to say they were not a legitimate part is just semantics. 

2 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

you mention you think the UK has a racism issue and I said I don’t think Scotland has, even though the stats will tell you it’s ten times the issue up here than sectarianism. I do see sectarianism regularly but never racism and was just saying the only time I see it is from an Asian friend and it’s a whole lot more than just his prejudices. 

I also believe Racism is both systematic and personal with prejudices being just one driver amongst others such as hate, paranoia, jealousy or whatever.

Another issue in this country is the policy makers (usually white lefty middle age liberals) don’t think there can be racism against whites, whether that’s systematic or personal. 

Sorry I don’t live in Scotland so can’t comment further on that other than to say national statistics will always be far more accurate that one persons personal experience.

I’m also centre right not on the left and believe that last point to be false for the reasons I’ve listed in the other post. 

Going to leave it there though if you don’t mind 👍🏻

7 hours ago, The Dude said:

dude is ok guy tells it how it iz

6 hours ago, peter huistra said:

A very large percentage came from the UVF , which became the Ulster Army made up mainly of young men from the Shankill area to say they were not a legitimate part is just semantics

Ignore him man, he’s a fukkin mongo 

Just now, Blue Nosed Babe said:

I think we should lock this. It is embarrasing now.

It wasn't embarrassing when posters were suggesting our players were being hoodwinked/lying about by a Marxist plot to subvert capitalism and promote an anti-white agenda?

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It wasn't embarrassing when posters were suggesting our players were being hoodwinked/lying about by a Marxist plot to subvert capitalism and promote an anti-white agenda?

It was and that's why it kept getting locked.

On 21/07/2020 at 05:11, southcoastbear said:

And on what basis are you, Actually,  basing this statement .

Most on this forum who appear to be taking issue with this object to the BLM support being used rather than the clubs own anti racism  program  everyone anyone.

So it appears  while some things may be simple  the basic premise of your statement is flawed and its inference somewhat objectionable.

What does it matter whos campaign is being used?  Again, you are either pro racism or anti racism.  There is no mystical 3rd option

Archived