Welcome to Rangers, Leon Balogun

Goldson is cracking in Europe, it's just domestically he doesn't give players the respect they deserve on the park, no sure about the new lad but his stats dont look overly impressive.

But then it has been said, there's lies, damn lies and then statistics so as Bears r us said , time will tell

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were dealt a shit hand with Katic getting injured. This guy looks decent enough competition to me. Could conceivably end up 1st choice or 4th choice. Not worried about him being a failure atm though 

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why? We had 4 centre halves last season, one injured a lot, we rotated between 3 of them, had the best defensive record along with the tarriers

This season we have 5 centre halves, 2 injured, so why not rotate between the other 3, if thos guy walks right into the team what does that say to edmunson who's spent a season working with us, learning, observing etc, whats the point in buying a young guy like him just to shaft him rotten

Right, hold on a second....

You admit that last year we had 4 centre halves, 1 of which was injured, but we got by via rotating the 3 fit ones.

This year, we have 5 centre halves, 2 of which are injured, leaving us with  3 fit ones, same as last year.

You think it was a mistake to sign this 5th centre half.

So you are actually advocating having one less fit centre half this year, and basically no cover for the position should one of them get injured or suspended.

I really am struggling to see your point, and am at the point where I think you are confused and no longer understand your argument.

16 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why? We had 4 centre halves last season, one injured a lot, we rotated between 3 of them, had the best defensive record along with the tarriers

This season we have 5 centre halves, 2 injured, so why not rotate between the other 3, if thos guy walks right into the team what does that say to edmunson who's spent a season working with us, learning, observing etc, whats the point in buying a young guy like him just to shaft him rotten

Time will tell, n you will at some point during the season say thank god we signed balogun, because of injury or suspension or even just to rest someone thts had to play alot of minutes

The folk moaning about the signing would be the very same Folk saying we should have signed a CH  if we played at Aberdeen or Kilmarnock with Bassey or Mayo at the Back and lost.

As soon as Katic got injured we required back-up and i’m glad it’s someone with Experience.

48 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

What if yer aunty had baws, 

What if morelos and defoe get injured, we are more likely to run out of strikers that centre halves going by previous seasons, 

You would be the first on here to lose you shit if we didn’t sign a c.b then got a injury and say went into scum game with mayo and edmundson as our c.b.

Dont know why your getting your knickers in a twist,we had 4 c.b and one is out now for at least 6 months so we signed another on a free on a year contract.

Can we not just be happy we've signed a centre back with a decent reputation who brings experience? Our scouting network knows more than some of the posters on here.

I think some of our fans would still argue if we signed Ronaldo. The same negative fans who get on our players backs after 60 seconds in a game and moan about the pies --- but keep attending and buying them every week...😴

59 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We had an injured helander for most of last season and gerrard was able to rotate between edmunson and katic to the point we had the joint least goals conceded and had some damn good euro defensive performances 

So why this season could bassey not have rotated with edmunson

Our defence did not need strengthened katic injury or not, we've scored 8 pre season goals, conceded none, 

Have you seen Bassey? Inexperienced and raw. Not been overly impressed tbh, unsurprising he's looked ropey considering the step up.

One injury to CG or GE and we'd be in the shite. Inexperienced core of defence in a vital season.

There'd be calls for Gerrard's head for doing nothing when he knew he'd 2/4 experienced CHs out. Justified criticism. 

Mate surely your not basing our defensive needs and cover on 3 pre seadon games?

19 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Sky reporting it's a  one year deal with an option on a second,  good bit of business and gives us time to sort ourselves out  with Katic and Helander.

Plenty motivation to secure a longer contract too.

Stop being sensible 

16 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

You would be the first on here to lose you shit if we didn’t sign a c.b then got a injury and say went into scum game with mayo and edmundson as our c.b.

Dont know why your getting your knickers in a twist,we had 4 c.b and one is out now for at least 6 months so we signed another on a free on a year contract.

He's always moaning mate hardly ever a positive post from him 

7 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Fair enough as Gerrard wanted cover there. Never heard of the chap but as he is free I see no problem.

Just need another centre forward now.

We need more than just a centre forward.

37 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Right, hold on a second....

You admit that last year we had 4 centre halves, 1 of which was injured, but we got by via rotating the 3 fit ones.

This year, we have 5 centre halves, 2 of which are injured, leaving us with  3 fit ones, same as last year.

You think it was a mistake to sign this 5th centre half.

So you are actually advocating having one less fit centre half this year, and basically no cover for the position should one of them get injured or suspended.

I really am struggling to see your point, and am at the point where I think you are confused and no longer understand your argument.

We had bassey, edmunson and goldson before today, theres the 3 to rotate

24 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

We had 5, goldson, edmunson, katic, helander, bassey, more than enough to cope in scotland 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We had bassey, edmunson and goldson before today, theres the 3 to rotate

Pretty sure that Bassey is considered to just be the cover for left back and has been shunted into the middle for a few minutes because we dont have appropriate cover in the middle.

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Have you seen Bassey? Inexperienced and raw. Not been overly impressed tbh, unsurprising he's looked ropey considering the step up.

One injury to CG or GE and we'd be in the shite. Inexperienced core of defence in a vital season.

There'd be calls for Gerrard's head for doing nothing when he knew he'd 2/4 experienced CHs out. Justified criticism. 

Mate surely your not basing our defensive needs and cover on 3 pre seadon games?

You ask me about basing our defensive needs on pre season, in the same post you form an opinion on a new signing based on pre season 😂😂

Edmunson was inexperienced and raw last season, didnt do him harm when called upon, 

34 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Time will tell, n you will at some point during the season say thank god we signed balogun, because of injury or suspension or even just to rest someone thts had to play alot of minutes

Gerrard rest someone 😂😂, goldson and tav sold more jerseys than castore will yet never once got rested

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Was stated day he signed he can play centre half, 

“I prefer left-back, but I am willing to do a job anywhere, if I am honest."

Good point, dont even need a new striker as he can play up there if needed.

Seriously though, his coaches at Leicester stated he could play at the back, but would be better if part of a back 3:-

“He can play centre-back, ideally in a back three. I was very sorry to see him leave and I know Rangers have a very talented player and is only going to get better."

If we were to play him as part of a back 3, it would still mean that at current standings with the injuries, we would not have any cover.

Archived