World Snooker championships 2020

1 minute ago, JamieD said:

Don’t understand it. There’s no other sport where luck is considered disrespectful. 

There isn’t another sport where players take pride in calling their own fouls ,compare that to football when players on both teams claim the throw in etc 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, GOAT said:

Selby saying O’Sullivan was disrespectful to him and snooker because he hit a couple of hit and hopes.  Thoughts?

Selby irritated by a couple of hit and hopes? It’s a fucking sight more irritating watching him tuck in behind the yellow again and again and again and again.

7 hours ago, magic8ball said:

There isn’t another sport where players take pride in calling their own fouls ,compare that to football when players on both teams claim the throw in etc 

That’s not really true. Golf, tennis, and particularly cricket all have aspects of this. 

13 hours ago, SteveEarle said:

He looks like he must be the grandson of Jimmy Johnstone:hmmm: Stunning day of snooker though! Hope Ronnie can turn it on this weekend. If anyone deserves another work title it's him.

I don't think the ginger nugget is one of them, sure someone on here said that, he was very unlucky but think he will be back.

3 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

I don't think the ginger nugget is one of them, sure someone on here said that, he was very unlucky but think he will be back.

This could be the boost he needed,He made the break through about 5years ago and has slipped a bit in the last couple of years .

He is the best Scottish player to emerge since McGuire ,I don’t know McGill personally but he’s friend of a friend and unlike McGuire he’s a really focused and clean living guy so it’s hard to say why his career stalled ,who knows he might have popped his cherry 3 or 4 years ago ,This run will give him some self belief that he can compete again at the highest level 

31 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

How could the crown not have been in from the start?

They were there first day then government restrictions came in for 14 days ,Today is first day they have been allowed back in ,Being honest I haven’t missed the crowds ,There’s usually some tit sitting in the same seat for the full event wearing daft jumpers or T-shirt’s 

14 hours ago, JamieD said:

Don’t understand it. There’s no other sport where luck is considered disrespectful. 

Selby was just being a greeting faced wee wean. Couldn't handle the fact that he should've won that match and chucked it away. 

What was it he lost? 50k? 

75k for the loser and 125k for the loser of the final. Or is it 125k for the loser of the semi and 250k for the loser of the final?

14 hours ago, JamieD said:

Equivalent of Federer complaining about Djokovic drilling returns and going for every shot when Djokovic is about to lose a set.

Aka ridiculous and would never happen.

15 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

They were there first day then government restrictions came in for 14 days ,Today is first day they have been allowed back in ,Being honest I haven’t missed the crowds ,There’s usually some tit sitting in the same seat for the full event wearing daft jumpers or T-shirt’s 

Theres a guy and a woman who I have watch grow old sitting in the same seats every year😂

Slightly off topic. back in 2001 I had a fiver on Feargal O'Brian @ 80/1 to win the UK Championship (IIRC).( I don't know why, I must have read something somewhere about him).  He gets to the final and is leading 8-2 (19) at the end off first session. I had surprise tickets for my girl for the last session (only £20 each on line I'm sure) and off we headed to Ally Pally excited as fuck  in the old motor.  We'd never been to a match before.  I have to say the atmosphere was fucking brilliant but unbelievably O'Brian went on to blow it 9-10.  Stupid Irish bastard. 

17 hours ago, Misteral said:

Slightly off topic. back in 2001 I had a fiver on Feargal O'Brian @ 80/1 to win the UK Championship (IIRC).( I don't know why, I must have read something somewhere about him).  He gets to the final and is leading 8-2 (19) at the end off first session. I had surprise tickets for my girl for the last session (only £20 each on line I'm sure) and off we headed to Ally Pally excited as fuck  in the old motor.  We'd never been to a match before.  I have to say the atmosphere was fucking brilliant but unbelievably O'Brian went on to blow it 9-10.  Stupid Irish bastard. 

My pal the other year had a bet on that big John Higgins. Told him he should of known better 

17 hours ago, Misteral said:

As I started reading this I thought to myself this doesn't have a happy ending as O'Brian has never won anything that big 🤣🤣

Fucking gutting for you all the same m8

On 15/08/2020 at 14:22, TheKingObv said:

Equivalent of Federer complaining about Djokovic drilling returns and going for every shot when Djokovic is about to lose a set.

Aka ridiculous and would never happen.

To be fair, when Djokovic did that at the US open in 2011 Federer was sore as fuck about it. 

I notice nobody has mentioned this all week but the World Senior's has been on the BBC red button. Stephen Hendry and Jimmy White are just about to break off in the first of the semis if anyone is bored this Saturday afternoon. Both have been playing really well all week too.

1 hour ago, Jamie0202 said:

I notice nobody has mentioned this all week but the World Senior's has been on the BBC red button. Stephen Hendry and Jimmy White are just about to break off in the first of the semis if anyone is bored this Saturday afternoon. Both have been playing really well all week too.

Started watching it and thought....fuck me they are an unappreciative mob this lot, that shot from White deserved a clap....I was thinking their would be some crowd in after last week🤣🤣

12 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Started watching it and thought....fuck me they are an unappreciative mob this lot, that shot from White deserved a clap....I was thinking their would be some crowd in after last week🤣🤣

Aye I'm not sure why there's still no crowd. I thought they would have been allowed after last week's final. Not really heard an explanation either.

Archived