Is it us

Spencer65

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

First of all what was your previous name mate ? You know we all like to know these details. 😁

Their 2nd goal would certainly have been ruled off side if we had VAR, not seen the replay of the first.

I was hoping that someone would put up them both so that we could see them again. I would like to see the view the linesman had of the 2nd, was it a clear view across the park? 

VAR would be worse. 

Faceless people behind a video screen giving the decisions..... 

Would you expect that to work in our favour? 

1 hour ago, Spencer65 said:

Listen if u don’t criticise/evaluate when we get things wrong we will always be losers

I take it you’ve never played sport at a decent level because every top sportsman or team are self critical and look to improve 

Having said that when we beat them 5-1 I was raging cause we took the foot of the gas so I guess it’s a mindset 👍

Firstly, I've been on here longer than most and have never felt a need to change my user name.

Secondly, played the game all my life mate and didn't stop competing until I was 46. Golf became an easier at that point.

I might talk pish sometimes but I most certainly played the game.

3 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

VAR would be worse. 

Faceless people behind a video screen giving the decisions..... 

Would you expect that to work in our favour? 

I completely understand what you are saying, but surely that would have been so clear cut they would not have said that was on side. 

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Firstly, I've been on here longer than most and have never felt a need to change my user name.

Secondly, played the game all my life mate and didn't stop competing until I was 46. Golf became an easier at that point.

I might talk pish sometimes but I most certainly played the game.

So u don’t think it’s productive to criticicise a performance when when without a doubt you’ve/we’ve failed

Surely if you’ve played the game u know that analysis of of faults in a performance is essential to improving?

2 hours ago, Born Sinner said:

Cba with blaming the ref.

If we were good enough the fine margins wouldn’t matter.

How true that statement is.

Taking the chances we create takes bad refereeing out of the equation

I've been reading forever it seems that one day we're going to absolutely crush someone.

We create enough chances every game to absolutely crush everyone but unless you take your chance you're going to crush absolutely no one and results like today become the norm,,,,,,,,,again.

We keep making keepers look good.

Kent's miss today is a classic example of missing a guild edge chance , Arfields as well.

Kent takes another touch and he's clean through instead he snatched at it and hit it straight at the keeper , same with Arfields chance/chances , two chances to put it away and missed both.

3 minutes ago, Spencer65 said:

So u don’t think it’s productive to criticicise a performance when when without a doubt you’ve/we’ve failed

Surely if you’ve played the game u know that analysis of of faults in a performance is essential to improving?

My analysis of the game mate is Goldson made a mistake that cost us, the linesman made an error and two Hibs players should have seen red by the ref. 

I actually thought we played some nice football at times today. Although I always felt we need a third at 2-1 and that is where we need to improve.  We are not ruthless enough.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

My analysis of the game mate is Goldson made a mistake that cost us, the linesman made an error and two Hibs players should have seen red by the ref. 

I actually thought we played some nice football at times today. Although I always felt we need a third at 2-1 and that is where we need to improve.  We are not ruthless enough.

Agree with all of that and prob I’m clutching at straws but if you’ve got the game taped watch how far the guy who gets the flick on is off before he comes back and plays it on

Also if Kent takes a touch he then rolls it in

ifs and buts however it’s things like this that might cost us the league

No Surrender 

2 hours ago, Spencer65 said:

Listen if u don’t criticise/evaluate when we get things wrong we will always be losers

I take it you’ve never played sport at a decent level because every top sportsman or team are self critical and look to improve 

Having said that when we beat them 5-1 I was raging cause we took the foot of the gas so I guess it’s a mindset 👍

What you say is correct, but it’s not the job of the supporter to criticise constantly when we don’t win and even when we do win at times. There are no positive threads at all. Everything so negative. 

50 minutes ago, Spencer65 said:

Send me the link to contribute 

:thumbsup:

Much Appreciated!

@Zetland will send you a PM with our PayPal and bank account details.  

In the meantime, here's another cheerful page...

And some Great Memories from our Glory Days...

:rangers:

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Some of the challenges from their players were hellish and should have resulted in yellow cards well before they got any, it gives them another chance to try and 'do' one of our players before they get booked

Where the fuck is our player that dishes it back? That’s one if our biggest problems....nobody goes ‘take that for your troubles ya cunt’ ....

You can empty a guy whilst winning the ball fairly ....

We are too fucking nice!

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

Where the fuck is our player that dishes it back? That’s one if our biggest problems....nobody goes ‘take that for your troubles ya cunt’ ....

We are too fucking nice!

I was thinking this earlier...because we don't have a player like Souness or Thomson to take things by the scruff of the neck, then we need Gerrard or our board to be more vocal. There is no protection for our players at the moment. Morelos once again assaulted away from play and Hagi could have broken a jaw or nose.

1 hour ago, beararse said:

We are too fucking nice!

That is a good question, my concern is that IF we had a player or players who did put themselves about they would be off in an instant. 

I am not sure we would get of with anything unfortunately, look at some of the things the Hivs players got of with today, I think all of their back 3 had at least one challenge on one of our players that should have been a yellow but it was only yellow for the next bad one, if they had been given the first as they should the second would have been red. Alfredo gets fouled and maybe said something back, I am not sure, and he instantly gets booked.

What I agree 100% with is as a Club we have decided not to challenge the SFA/SPFL about referees and I believe until we do that in a really strong way we will never get a fair deal. Ever since TLB caused the referee strike decisions have gone their way.

I should add we had enough chances to win the game in spite of the ref/linesman, but that is another argument.     

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

I was thinking this earlier...because we don't have a player like Souness or Thomson to take things by the scruff of the neck, then we need Gerrard or our board to be more vocal. There is no protection for our players at the moment. Morelos once again assaulted away from play and Hagi could have broken a jaw or nose.

I agree but they have obviously decided to not do that and it is disgraceful IMO, we are now sitting ducks to be fucked up by any ref/linesman who wants to do that.

We are weak at the top and I am sick of it to be honest.  

Archived