For those of us that have no time for the national team

GOAT

Nationalist, terriers and all that stuff is a red herring. I used to love watching the national team in the late 70s but just lost interest. The Tartan army did become a bunch of parochial anti Rangers bigots more recently, but not exclusively so. There has just been no sense of the Scotland team carrying any sense of pride or support within scottish football as a whole. The whole structure and approach needs ripped up root and branch and real attempts to involve supporters of all clubs and the general public in supporting and caring about the national team.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To answer the OP, aye it does piss me off a bit.

I have never went as far as 'hating the national team', but I have formed an absolutely Lazer focussed, borderline obsessive level of apathy to international football, or football in general outside of Rangers to be honest.

I've decided I'm gonna force myself to watch the Scottish national team again to form some kind of emotional connection to it again.

On 09/10/2020 at 09:01, MaddistonKnight said:

My antipathy goes back to the mid 00s.

Fat wanks in timberlands, socks at their ankles, poorly fitted kilts and Glengarrys. Usually "supported" Falkirk or some other small team. Funny at first, not so after 25 years. And imagine fucked decked up like that, in a pub, for a fucking qualifier against Macedonia!

I was in Amsterdam many years ago . Seen a lot of jacobite kilt wearing, timberland wearing  pussies in one of the bars while i was out chasing  . Just happened to tell them this and was very lucky i survived the night :lol:

28 minutes ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

I used to love going to

internationals , ive seen pele puskas maradona you name it great memories but now i could,nt even tell you who was who, and i dont care.

i

My sentiments exactly mate.

I never liked international football, I asked my Dad to take me to a Scotland game when I was a kid and we went to Scotland vs Lithuania I think, I was bored out my mind, the songs were pish, just a boring experience compared to going to Ibrox.

So most of my life I just wasnt interested when Scotland played, I'd watch a game in the pub but never cared about the result

Then it got to the point that the tartan army were obviously hijacked by nationalist english hating wankers, and were booing Rangers players. Now I'm at the point that my indifference towards the national team has turned to bitterness and I hope they get pumped every time they play

I used towatch them up until the late 1980s but have had little or no interest since.My antipathy towards the support rather than the team started about 20 years ago.On a number of occasions I have not been aware that there is a match involving Scotland taking place,that is increasingly so.

On 08/10/2020 at 23:21, GOAT said:

Aye but does it bother you?  Would you like to follow your country?  

Mate, when I was in the army I was as patriotic as they come, but see now I can’t stand to watch the National team, between the booing off any off our players, or the infestation of yes voting tarriers, I can’t see that changing any time soon (sadly)

Archived