For those of us that have no time for the national team

GOAT

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I know Christie is still with them, wasn't sure about Armstrong. Is he not out on loan or am I thinking of last season.  If hes not, does he make their starting XI often or sub on often? 

Just trying to find out how much weaker this should make them. 

Cheers

Armstrong is a Southampton player mate but on a side note the 3 players in the Scotland squad who have to isolate, Armstrong, Tierney and Christie are all connected to The Nappy Rippers, Add into the mix a physio and a masseuse also have to isolate and The mind boggles as to what might have went on 😂

Too many are failing to separate the team from the Country, I'm still proud to say I'm Scottish and British.

I have a chuckle when the team lose, but their only the present occupants of the national team, same with the snp. It's up to us to evict them and get our Country back. 

I'm sure there's a bit if an age thing in this . 

Like a lot of older bears I can remember the days when the Scotland support was made up mostly of Rangers fans , and plenty of times when the backbone of the team itself , were made of Rangers players . We went through plenty of good times together from bi-annual trips to Wembley , even on Rangers Supporters buses ,  the excitement of WC and EC qualifying campaigns and the finals themselves , and its times like these that puts gas in the tank when it comes to still supporting Scotland . 

The younger bears  on the other hand , don't owe Scotland a thing . A combination of the way the club was treated , the amount of influence generated from the east end of glasgow in the running if the game , the booing of our players by the tartan trannies , and a twisted political climate where most of us no longer want to be associated with a saltire in case we're portrayed as nationalists , makes it understandable of them feeling alienated from our national team . 

I've still got gas in the tank , but by fuck , I'm close to running on empty . 

17 hours ago, GOAT said:

Whether it’s because it’s full of tarriers, or full of nationalists, or full of rangers hating bastards or because how the SFA have shafted our club or quite simply all of these.  Does it annoy you?

A small part of me is actually quite annoyed I can’t support my country because it’s full of nationalist, Rangers hating bastards and I think the reason I can’t support Scotland is why I hate international football so much. 

Much of the rot set in for me after the way the SFA went at Graeme Souness.    Then there was the Duncan Ferguson witch-hunt.   The rabid anti-English crap when we signed Butcher, Woods, Roberts, etc.   The SFA being run by rabid people who despise Rangers and our fans.  British-hating players playing for Scotland and then nationalist teuchters dressing like extras from Baveheart and then acting like clowns every where they go.   Booing Rangers players in a Scotland top.   I'll never again watch Scotland play.  My first Scotland game was in 1962 watching a 2 nil win.  Used to go to every home game including Scottish League v others.  Now I don't even switch on the TV for them.

2 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Some cunt should get a burner phone and download it with that Covid app then hang around a hospital long enough to get a notification then QUIETLY slip it into Lemons car.

(JUST INCASE THIS ISN'T OBVIOUSLY TO SOME OF OUR MORE DENSE MEMBERS - THIS IS A JOKE)

It’s comedy gold mate 🤔

Don’t give up the day job 

5 times at wembley up to 1981.
And gave the bastards my dosh plenty of times at hampden.
NOW!!...wouldn't cross the road to watch them.
Could not give 2 fucks they never made another tournament....EVER.
One of the biggest turn off's were the tartan trannies and the way they behaved.
Remembered sitting among the England fans and it was good natured bants.
Then the english hating bigots turned up.
Now it's a shame to even tell people i'm scottish.:UK:

10 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

I was watching the darts last night and switched over to Scotland game to realise it was penalties. When Scotland scored the winning penalty i never felt the slightest flicker of emotion and that says it all to me. 

I watched the Scotland v England game with my brother-in-law, when the Thumb scored the two free kicks, he was hitting the ceiling and I sat more or less emotionless.

Nothing could make me celebrate anything that wee rhodent does, I can’t suddenly not despise him for 90 minutes.

34 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

I watched the Scotland v England game with my brother-in-law, when the Thumb scored the two free kicks, he was hitting the ceiling and I sat more or less emotionless.

Nothing could make me celebrate anything that wee rhodent does, I can’t suddenly not despise him for 90 minutes.

Cant bring myself to support the thumb man either pal. That game summed up everything about the national team. Had the beating of England and then blew it as usual. 

Watching Scotland would bore ye to tears, even a decent player in the Scotland team looks like the biggest dumpling that ever kicked a ball

youd have to pay abt £20m for mcginn Abt £15-£20m For mctominy and say £3-£4m For jack and the 3 of them look absolute garbage. They look worth that value minus the M after the number

23 hours ago, GOAT said:

Whether it’s because it’s full of tarriers, or full of nationalists, or full of Rangers hating bastards or because how the SFA have shafted our club or quite simply all of these.  Does it annoy you?

A small part of me is actually quite annoyed I can’t support my country because it’s full of nationalist, Rangers hating bastards and I think the reason I can’t support Scotland is why I hate international football so much. 

I refuse to listen to that song.

Last Scotland game i was at i took my Mrs (just started going out with her back then!) It was a friendly vs Australia. I think Ally scored for us, was around the bse, mad cows disease time. I remember the wee notice at the pie stall 'our pies contain no beef!!

Never been since, and will never be back....effing tartan trannies

Used to go to most Scotland games at hampden but like many Rangers supporters became disillusioned and detached from supporting them.Forced myself to watch last night mainly because of Jack’s  involvement but after 40 minutes of soul destroying pish I switched over to the NI game.
Much prefer watching NI and have no problem cheering them on, can’t say the same about Scotland anymore.

6 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Last Scotland game i was at i took my Mrs (just started going out with her back then!) It was a friendly vs Australia. I think Ally scored for us, was around the bse, mad cows disease time. I remember the wee notice at the pie stall 'our pies contain no beef!!

Never been since, and will never be back....effing tartan trannies

Just checked there. 1996! Feeling old now

I used to love following the Scotland team. As a kid - the whole country united. It was great.

The 1979 referendum failed, and it had no lasting effect.

Along came the hatred and bile from nationalists in the 2014 referendum. It too failed, but it won't go away. The nationalists have divided this country,  it's people and pitted brother against brother ever since.

This bile has infiltrated the tartan army along with massive anti-Rangers feelings.

For that reason - the whole lot can just fuck right off.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived